Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

White Flight from London

OverSword

From the artilce:

• Census figures show that 620,000 white Britons left the capital in a decade
  • White Britons are the minority in London for the first time
  • They make up 45 per cent of London's population, with Asians being the second largest group

More than 600,000 white British Londoners have left the capital in a decade.

Census figures show that between 2001 and 2011 the level of ‘white flight’ reached 620,000.

It is the equivalent of a city the size of Glasgow – made up entirely of white Britons – moving out of the capital.

http://www.dailymail...ost_read_module

We are all just people regardless of color so should/does this bother anyone?

Edited by OverSword

Possibly a little over-melodramatic. Besides, what's so special about "White" people? There haven't been any pure bred Anglo-Saxons for a good while. Allt his nonsense about "british culture under threat"; how much of that do we actually have to owe to people who were or were descended from immigrants themselves?

• Like 2

Possibly a little over-melodramatic. Besides, what's so special about "White" people? There haven't been any pure bred Anglo-Saxons for a good while. Allt his nonsense about "british culture under threat"; how much of that do we actually have to owe to people who were or were descended from immigrants themselves?

My ancestors are from Europe. They are white Europeans. Could go back even further and find that they were once monkeys, but we have evolved since then.

There is no proof that we were black, monkeys yes, but not blacked skinned.

There is a difference today than the days of "discovery". Today we have people coming from other continents, hence races and they are not coming here to discover our culture.

We can go through history and discuss the British and Europeans going to other continents, but that was a completely different reason as to why people are coming here today.

• Like 1

Now compare this to the number of people who have come here, no wonder we are sinking!!

• Like 1

Now compare this to the number of people who have come here, no wonder we are sinking!!

I don't understand why people always feel the need to blame Britain's problems on immigrants. It isn't as simple as that and not by a long way. Go to any deprived 'white' scheme, or estate, and you'll find the exact same sort of gang culture as immigrant ones, often worse (Glasgow is the worst in Britain, statistically). And those types of schemes insanely outnumber their immigrant counterparts.

There are many social problems in this country that need addressing. The poor and poverty stricken aspects of our society are where the problems truly lie. It comes down to lack of jobs, lack of education, lack of good or responsible parenting, lots of people living in small areas of land, lack of proper criminal deterrence (no, I don't mean the death penalty), lack of rehabilitation, and a whole host of other societal problems.

Immigrants are always going to bunch up and stick together in Britain because, as a white culture, the same as any other predominately race based culture (Japanese, African, Mexican), we shun them. Maybe not all of us, and possibly not even deliberately but it happens to any minority. The horrible time Indians and Pakistanis had in the early days of their migration (after being welcomed by the government) is shocking. People who were the only 'brown' people living in a street were often terrorised, with houses being set on fire and everything. Then people moan because they now group up and don't assimilate?

Edited by ExpandMyMind
  • Like 3

My ancestors are from Europe. They are white Europeans. Could go back even further and find that they were once monkeys, but we have evolved since then.

There is no proof that we were black, monkeys yes, but not blacked skinned.

So what difference, in the words of Morrissey, does it make?

so it's Immigrants that are responsible for the incompetence or arrogance of every government since the war, then? such as (as much discessed recently) the Conservative government under Margaret H. Thatcher's dismantling of British industry, or the economic incompetence of Gordon Brown and david "Cameron". I think that, predominantly, is the reason we're sinking,

Edited by Lord Vetinari

I don't understand why people always feel the need to blame Britain's problems on immigrants.

You are right, i have said many many times before, we have enough of our own problems to try and deal with, we do not need the rest of the worlds thrown on top of it!

You are right, i have said many many times before, we have enough of our own problems to try and deal with, we do not need the rest of the worlds thrown on top of it!

For the record, I believe that immigration should be strictly regulated, with a system even as strict as Australia's being adopted. I just don't see that we have a right to blame other cultures and peoples that have moved here for aspects of our society as a whole, when we are just as bad, if not worse.

• Like 1

Immigrants are always going to bunch up and stick together in Britain because, as a white culture, the same as any other predominately race based culture (Japanese, African, Mexican), we shun them. Maybe not all of us, and possibly not even deliberately but it happens to any minority.

-------------------------------------------------------

Not only in Britain, but all over the world.

British ex-pats are the minority in Spain.

But as for putting the Japanese into the same category as the Africans? In England we not have problems with the Japanese.

May I draw you attention to a particular newspaper called the South London Press, took a look at that on a weekly basis and you will see why many are leaving. I have not left England because there are still many very beautiful areas here.

May I add that many of those leaving are doing it for tax reasons, there is no need to leave this beautiful country.

It is not helping matters if all the whites want to leave, we would never had had this reaction years back.

I just worry if we ever went to war, all those who have left their own countries to come here, would they side on the side of the British? If they are not prepared to live by our culture, will they be prepared to fight for us?

And if the whites keep going and we keep losing soldiers in foreign countries and the rest are not here defending this country in the first place, we sure would be in trouble.

For the record, I believe that immigration should be strictly regulated, with a system even as strict as Australia's being adopted. I just don't see that we have a right to blame other cultures and peoples that have moved here for aspects of our society as a whole, when we are just as bad, if not worse.

if all the chavs were the ones leaving, then I would be a lot happier.

You are right, we can not blame all the immigrants. But I think tis comes down to which area your live in. I lived in South London and if you went to places like Tower hamlets, just across the river, then the blame would be put on the immigrants, BUT it is not all over Britain.

I find the religious lot a lot bigger problem, eg: communities of people who do not want to integrate with western cultures or people and have blatantly expressed it.

Edited by freetoroam
  • Like 1

But as for putting the Japanese into the same category as the Africans? In England we not have problems with the Japanese.

I was referring to minorities who live in their (Japanese, Mexican and African) countries, not those who live in ours. Japanese are said to be notoriously racist (and this coming from someone who hates generalising about entire cultures) and for the most part, do not like immigrants. It is the same with most outsiders living in almost any country.

• Like 1

Allt his nonsense about "british culture under threat"; how much of that do we actually have to owe to people who were or were descended from immigrants themselves?

Oh god don't get me started on that. lol

British food would be the blandist int he world without the import from other countries. Lots of people don't realise that the simplest sauces we have are made from foriegn ingredients. Like Ketchup is made with indian spices. Britians multicultural side is part of what is good about Britian. I don't get hwy people get so defensive about it.

Obivously extremists wanting to change things is different, but that's not a culture problem. That's just a minority of extremist idiots and should nto be linked to specific religion either, there is plenty of peaceful Muslims in the UK who come her eand integrate. We don't exactly make integration easy either with all our "chav" gangs causing trouble and their racial attacks. I'd rather be friends and live next door to a lovely Muslim family than some nazi chav family.

To me Britian shows how different culures, races, religions etc CAN live together and can be peaceful. This is a good thing.

• Like 2

-------------------------------------------------------

Not only in Britain, but all over the world.

British ex-pats are the minority in Spain.

May I add that many of those leaving are doing it for tax reasons, there is no need to leave this beautiful country.

It is not helping matters if all the whites want to leave, we would never had had this reaction years back.

I beg to differ... I think a vast majority of those leaving the UK do so for the following reasons:

1. A better Quality of life

2. A Job in a Country where Engineering and Trades are not considered to be a "Working Class" pursuit, but valued

3. For many, it will be for an increased perception of Safety in their daily lives

4. Education for their children (where private education is often a quarter of the cost in the UK), better results, and therefore more opportunity

5. Ease of starting their own business

6. Sunshine!! (not joking)

• Like 2

I beg to differ... I think a vast majority of those leaving the UK do so for the following reasons:

1. A better Quality of life

2. A Job in a Country where Engineering and Trades are not considered to be a "Working Class" pursuit, but valued

3. For many, it will be for an increased perception of Safety in their daily lives

4. Education for their children (where private education is often a quarter of the cost in the UK), better results, and therefore more opportunity

5. Ease of starting their own business

6. Sunshine!! (not joking)

Safety in their daily lives can be found in many places in the UK. Each country has its ghetto, its wise not to live there if you want safety for your family.

But going to others countries to start your own business and a better life is exactly what many immigrants are coming here to do......so why are the immigrants coming here for that and yet the English man is leaving because you say its what they can not do??

TAX I tell ya! TAX. The rich are better of going to other countries. AND just like in other countries, the poor stay behind. Unless you really do love this country like I do and will not leave.

If we went to war, I would fight for this country!... ok, I am only a mere woman who does not like guns, but would do my bit and not run.

Edited by freetoroam

ps: yes ok, the Sun bit I agree with for those who love the sun.

I am only a mere woman

i'm not sure anyone here would describe you as a 'mere' woman, my dear.....

:-)

• Like 1

To me Britian shows how different culures, races, religions etc CAN live together and can be peaceful. This is a good thing.

yes, agreed, but not in minor communities. I lived in an area where people did live together, personally i never had a problem with the black people, apart from the odd stabbings on the street between a couple of black gangs. (only 1 ever died, the rest were scarred) but not the best place to bring up your child.

Even the blacks were getting fed up with it.

In high immigrant areas there is racism, not from the whites, thats because the whites are the minority.

I faced racism in my area, but this came from the "new" influx of immigrants, and the main problem were the muslims. But trust me, the blacks hated them more than anyone and visa versa.

But I do know that this is not the case all over, it really seems to be the case in inner cities....i blame the councils meself!

A short story: the old peoples home was closed to make room for an asylum home. There was a young Jamaican man who was to say the least, trouble, the council decided to put a security guard there (yep, not move the man out but move a security man in instead) the security guard was African. I told the guy from the council that just because the new guard was black, did not mean anything. the poor guy only lasted 3 days because of the barrage of racial abuse and threats he received from the west indians.

Edited by freetoroam
  • Like 1

i'm not sure anyone here would describe you as a 'mere' woman, my dear.....

:-)

come again?

plani34.gif

Safety in their daily lives can be found in many places in the UK. Each country has its ghetto, its wise not to live there if you want safety for your family.

But going to others countries to start your own business and a better life is exactly what many immigrants are coming here to do......so why are the immigrants coming here for that and yet the English man is leaving because you say its what they can not do??

TAX I tell ya! TAX. The rich are better of going to other countries. AND just like in other countries, the poor stay behind. Unless you really do love this country like I do and will not leave.

If we went to war, I would fight for this country!... ok, I am only a mere woman who does not like guns, but would do my bit and not run.

There are not many major connurbations in the UK that I feel entirely safe in.

Where I now live the UK Expats (along with the Dutch and German Expats) have been complaining about the deteriorating safety in Benidorm and we have got a new Police Commissioner who has put Bobbies on the Beat (armed as is normal) and now the Roma are leaving in droves, to get the better benefits offerd in the UK.

Starting a business here costs just 7 euros (as an autonomo) do you know much it costs to do the same in the UK and all the red tape, because I do?? ...and I would suggest that most Brit Expats do not come to Spain to live on Spanish Benefits or to lead a life of Crime (some do of course, but most bring a valuable Work Ethic with them), but to enjoy a more relaxed life on the Med Coast

In answer to you, I suggest that the Roma and Bulgarians are going to the UK to get Money for doing absolutely nothing and topping it up with ill - gotten gains

It has absolutely nothing to do with Tax, NADA! It has nothing to do with the "Rich", it is the average "working man and woman" who come here to find a better quality of life, to start a business they could only dream of starting in the UK

It doesn't 'bother' me but I can understand it. Last time I went there i couldn't wait to leave. Why anyone would want to live there is a complete mystery to me.

• Like 1

yes, agreed, but not in minor communities. I lived in an area where people did live together, personally i never had a problem with the black people, apart from the odd stabbings on the street between a couple of black gangs. (only 1 ever died, the rest were scarred) but not the best place to bring up your child.

Even the blacks were getting fed up with it.

In high immigrant areas there is racism, not from the whites, thats because the whites are the minority.

I faced racism in my area, but this came from the "new" influx of immigrants, and the main problem were the muslims. But trust me, the blacks hated them more than anyone and visa versa.

But I do know that this is not the case all over, it really seems to be the case in inner cities....i blame the councils meself!

A short story: the old peoples home was closed to make room for an asylum home. There was a young Jamaican man who was to say the least, trouble, the council decided to put a security guard there (yep, not move the man out but move a security man in instead) the security guard was African. I told the guy from the council that just because the new guard was black, did not mean anything. the poor guy only lasted 3 days because of the barrage of racial abuse and threats he received from the west indians.

I see what you mean, my mum went to a school where she was aprt of the minority of white children in a mostly black school. She was severely bullied.

As you said the councils do not help, thye should try and mix everyone as much as possible. Instead we have "communities" or pockets of different groups of people in different areas which causes gang rivalry etc. If thye where all mixed people wouldn't grow up with such hate or ingorance of other races.

Edited by Coffey

Where I now live the UK Expats (along with the Dutch and German Expats) have been complaining about the deteriorating safety in Benidorm and we have got a new Police Commissioner who has put Bobbies on the Beat (armed as is normal) and now the Roma are leaving in droves, to get the better benefits offerd in the UK.

Starting a business here costs just 7 euros (as an autonomo) do you know much it costs to do the same in the UK and all the red tape, because I do?? ...and I would suggest that most Brit Expats do not come to Spain to live on Spanish Benefits or to lead a life of Crime (some do of course, but most bring a valuable Work Ethic with them), but to enjoy a more relaxed life on the Med Coast

In answer to you, I suggest that the Roma and Bulgarians are going to the UK to get Money for doing absolutely nothing and topping it up with ill - gotten gains

It has absolutely nothing to do with Tax, NADA! It has nothing to do with the "Rich", it is the average "working man and woman" who come here to find a better quality of life, to start a business they could only dream of starting in the UK

I'll be interested to hear what you mean by that - since my experience is completely different.

I started a small transport delivery company 2 yrs back, it cost me nothing to start in terms of money to red tape. I have a small independant record label, again, nothing to start. I do some production on the side too, again, nothing to start up - you say it's 7euros to start a business abroad, what should I have paid here then?

I can understand the ex-pats going to Spain for the sun, but as you say , they go there with money and not to scrounge. But that is not to say they are the rich.

But starting a business here is not as hard as you are making out.

It is common knowledge that the rich are taking their businesses abroad, with the new taxes enforced on them.

"it is the average "working man and woman" who come here to find a better quality of life, to start a business they could only dream of starting in the UK"

So I ask again, why is the immigrant coming here to do exactly this in England if the English man can not do it?

==========================================================================

yep, and the rest! We still have this lot to come yet.

There's a different slant on this 'news' here....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-21511904

Snippet:

"The movement of the white British is often characterised as white flight - the indigenous population forced out of their neighbourhoods by foreign migrants. That may be part of the story, but I think the evidence suggests it is also about working class aspiration and economic success.

Trying to track internal migrants is never easy. Just because the population of one place has fallen and another has risen does not mean residents moved between them. But there are some clues as to where London's white British migrated to between the censuses of 2001 and 2011.

While the capital's white British population fell by 620,000, the white British population in the rest of England and Wales increased by 220,000. (The overall fall of 400,000 is explained by a low birth rate and emigration.)"

• Like 2