Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 2
OverSword

Gun control originally for repressing blacks

69 posts in this topic

Slavery is currently illegal and against the Constitution in the USA. So that is 10,000 people + that are in violation of Federal Law. Perhaps ICE will do something this tremendous problem. Or even DHS.

i think we got millions in usa in violation of federal law,

1 person likes this

I think we have a Federal Government in violation of Federal Law....But I wasnt going to go there.

1 person likes this

Until I see some figures on Black legal vs illegal gun ownership Im not buying. Gun control is all about us whiteys.

White's not the point. The point is they didn't want people to have guns who may fight back against being repressed.

1 person likes this

The point is they didn't want people to have guns who may fight back against being repressed.

Just like now.

Interesting article OverSword, I hadn't really seen historical gun control strung together in such a way before. I had completely forgotten about the Sullivan Law.

Thanks for sharing :)

1 person likes this

Africa had slaves well before America was even discovered...do we blame the white man for that?

Am sick about the black slave thing, Greeks, Romans, AFRICA all had slaves too. The black slaves in America were not the first on this planet. Many would have not been slaves if their families had not sold them in the first place...not all were "stolen"!!!

Again, I didn't post this as a white vs black thing. I posted this as an example of the real reason behind gun control. I don't know how you could read the article and not get that. The UCLA professor who's work the article is based on clearly said he used to be for gun control until he studied the history of gun control and saw the true purpose behind it. It's not about guns, the active word is CONTROL.
4 people like this

Im not certain not allowing slaves guns was more about keeping a group enslaved and self preservation then it was about actual gun control.

There's a lot of threads about guns these days, I've noticed. Is there a reason for this?

(Asks the clueless Scottish person far away on other side of the Atlantic)

There's a lot of threads about guns these days, I've noticed. Is there a reason for this?

Its the worlds obsession with Americans owning guns that fuels these debates. I can only think of one American (ND) that really has an opposing view on these topics. It is common knowledge that NATO would like the American people disarmed.

Before the Civil War, blacks were never allowed to own guns.

These days in the UK, they're almost the only people with them!

(Just another 'only whites can be racists' article) Nothing new there.

You missed the point sir, and that is understandable from your perspective from across the pond.

Again, I didn't post this as a white vs black thing. I posted this as an example of the real reason behind gun control. I don't know how you could read the article and not get that. The UCLA professor who's work the article is based on clearly said he used to be for gun control until he studied the history of gun control and saw the true purpose behind it. It's not about guns, the active word is CONTROL.

It's been years, but I once had the opportunity to read selected parts of the debate in Congress as the 14th Amendment was crafted.

It was very clear, and discussed on the floor, that possession of firearms was necessary for the freed slaves to protect themselves, their family, and their property. Most folks understood that in those days, and the fairly recent Heller case reaffirms that.

1 person likes this

But the real reason originally for it is stated here in the opening post: Sorry, should have ignored this bit.

[The history of gun control in America] was a constant pressure among white racists to keep guns out of the hands of African-Americans, because they would rise up and revolt.

The KKK began as a gun-control organization. Before the Civil War, blacks were never allowed to own guns. During the Civil War, blacks kept guns for the first time – either they served in the Union army and they were allowed to keep their guns, or they buy guns on the open market where for the first time there’s hundreds of thousands of guns flooding the marketplace after the war ends. So they arm up because they know who they’re dealing with in the South. White racists do things like pass laws to disarm them, but that’s not really going to work. So they form these racist posses all over the South to go out at night in large groups to terrorize blacks and take those guns away. If blacks were disarmed, they couldn’t fight back.

Its the worlds obsession with Americans owning guns that fuels these debates. I can only think of one American (ND) that really has an opposing view on these topics. It is common knowledge that NATO would like the American people disarmed.

That sounds a wee bit paranoid, Asteroid. (No offence) Personally, I couldn't care less about US gun ownership and I know no-one who cares either. It's your own business. Thugs with guns in the UK, now that I'm interested in. I don't want to be shot for the lack of shooting back. lol

I only asked out of curiosity; thinking maybe some American politico was demanding a ban on firearms or some such thing. (I've been avoiding News programmes on TV cos they are helluva depressing these days, so I'm not as clued-up on world affairs as I should be)

1 person likes this

I think we have a Federal Government in violation of Federal Law....But I wasnt going to go there.

yes, just like pretty much any gvmnt in the world, all do same thing, some more some less.

2 people like this

gun-control-the-key-genocide-battaile-politics-1353317643.jpg
1 person likes this

I only asked out of curiosity; thinking maybe some American politico was demanding a ban on firearms or some such thing

Google Diane Feinstein Gun Control

2 people like this

But the real reason originally for it is stated here in the opening post: Sorry, should have ignored this bit.

[The history of gun control in America] was a constant pressure among white racists to keep guns out of the hands of African-Americans, because they would rise up and revolt.

The KKK began as a gun-control organization. Before the Civil War, blacks were never allowed to own guns. During the Civil War, blacks kept guns for the first time – either they served in the Union army and they were allowed to keep their guns, or they buy guns on the open market where for the first time there’s hundreds of thousands of guns flooding the marketplace after the war ends. So they arm up because they know who they’re dealing with in the South. White racists do things like pass laws to disarm them, but that’s not really going to work. So they form these racist posses all over the South to go out at night in large groups to terrorize blacks and take those guns away. If blacks were disarmed, they couldn’t fight back.

Fear, the breeding ground of all, and any kind, of misery. Become an merchant or a spokesman of fear and your fortune is made.

[media=]http://youtu.be/ipujWRYUjS4[/media]

1 person likes this

Benn Swan is awesome

[media=]

[/media]
2 people like this

Good work by Ben Swann! :tu: