Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Secret ties between CIA, drugs revealed

OverSword

Thank you for listening to my lecture. :passifier:

Edited by pallidin
  • Like 2

Thank you for listening to my lecture. :passifier:

Your welcome! Although legalization would not solve the real core issues. We have a tendency as a society to go for the low hanging fruit, to attack the symptoms of the real issue rather than go for the heart of the issue itself and try to fix it.

• Like 1

Your welcome! Although legalization would not solve the real core issues. We have a tendency as a society to go for the low hanging fruit, to attack the symptoms of the real issue rather than go for the heart of the issue itself and try to fix it.

Yes indeed. I was being openly sarcastic(to make a point) with regards to drug abuse, be it common, available drugs, or illegal drugs which have even much more powerful effects on the delicate human CNS and brain.

Edited by pallidin
  • Like 1

Sudden cardiac arrest and/or respiratory failure are not uncommon with abuse.(abuse= abnormal use)

Quoted for truth but I would not call it not uncommon which denotes common. It is uncommon for cardiac arrest to occur unless you have an underlying condition or experience an overdose.

Quoted for truth but I would not call it not uncommon which denotes common. It is uncommon for cardiac arrest to occur unless you have an underlying condition or experience an overdose.

That is very much true. However, a sudden intake of, say, cocaine or meth, has been known to cause SCA in otherwise healthy individuals.

As an example, I have a clinical anxiety disorder. I can drink beer just fine(because it calms my weird, always fired-up nervous system) but, if I were to take cocaine, meth, or caffeine, it will screw me up big time, and could easily cause non-lethal SCA.(arrhythmia, though still potentially dangerous) I guess my heart is heathy from what the docs have said.

And I used to enjoy all those; coffee, and recreactional stimulants. Dang.

For those even more unheathy, the stakes go higher.

Edited by pallidin

Core issues? Any examples?

The historical facts are that until 1914 in this country, on the federal level all drugs were perfectly legal. And until the Harrison Narcotic Act was passed in 1914, we never had drive by shootings, drug cartels or street corner drug sales.

All those social pathologies are the result of legislation.

The rational response is to repeal the offending legislation.

• Like 1

Core issues? Any examples?

The historical facts are that until 1914 in this country, on the federal level all drugs were perfectly legal. And until the Harrison Narcotic Act was passed in 1914, we never had drive by shootings, drug cartels or street corner drug sales.

All those social pathologies are the result of legislation.

The rational response is to repeal the offending legislation.

Yes, but 1914 America was much much different than it is today. Drive-by shootings? Hell, there were not very many cars even on the roads back then!

The core issues I speak of are the issues that are the root cause of all crime and moral delinquency such as:

-Ignorance and the belief in false ideologies and false information rooted in tradition and not empirical truth. This is the root cause of cults, hate crimes, etc.

-Greed and Envy. These are the root causes of lots of immoral behavior and crimes. In my opinion Greed and Envy ultimately stem from the above 'ignorance'.

-Feelings of worthlessness and depression. Perpetuate a lot of drug use and addictions. This can stem from being victimized as a result of the above two points.

-The gap in wealth between rich and poor. Historically speaking the larger this gap becomes, the greater the crime rate and anarchy in a society. This gap itself may not be the core cause, it could be that the real core issue here is the greed and envy that this gap perpetuates. And this can stem from ignorance and beliefs in a false ideology.

-Racial discrimination and hatred, being an outcast member of society. This ultimately stems from point 1.

These are some examples of the real core issues at the heart of all of humanities problems. These issues cannot be addressed in a meaningful way by simple legislation.

And hey if you have been reading my posts you will know that I completely agree with you that the offending legislation should be repealed, but the fact of the matter is that we need some type of regulatory framework or laws of some kind in regards to these substances. I do not think simply making them fully legal without restriction would solve anything or make anything better. It would simply allow the drug cartels to be legitimized, as they have all the channels of distribution already in place. We need legislation to strip away their power and money and regulate it like we do the pharmaceutical industry or alcohol industry for standards, quality, etc.

• Like 1

Yes Einsteinium, my version of legalized drug sales most certainly includes good regulation. I think the production of the drugs should be regulated for purity and strength. Sales should regulated in accordance with a consensus derived from professionals in drugs and healthcare and law enforcement.

Our present system has it all in the hands of criminals, and that is poor public policy.

And I agree with your core values points. :tu:

• Like 1

For a few year's now I have alway's referred to the Central Intelligence Agency as the Crack/Cocaine Import Agency.......

Seem's they are the worst drug dealer's going (in my opinion)

Edited by Jackofalltrades
  • Like 1

Well they've sure turned it around in Afghanistan, regards black market proceeds.

When we invaded, the government had actually stopped poppy production in the country, through strict application of Sharia law.

Colin Powell had hand carried a check and photo op for $43 million dollars. For their success in the Drug War.

Not long after we got there poppy production began again, probably encouraged, and today Afghanistan leads the world in opium production.