Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

How your smartphone will get smarter

glorybebe

Today's smartphones are much more than phones -- they are powerful, networked multimedia computers, and over the next 10 years they'll get far more advanced. As a result, mobility is transforming many day-to-day processes -- including how we sell, communicate, collaborate, train, and educate.

Here are six key technological developments that will revolutionize the smartphone over the next decade....

http://edition.cnn.com/2013/02/21/tech/mobile/smartphone-developments-mobile-strategy/index.html?hpt=hp_c1

Check out the pictures! These are cool! My favorites are the:

Russian designer Kamil Izrailov's multi-faceted Mobikoma is made from multiple blocks that fasten together with micro locks. Each block can then be used individually or collectively as a phone or tablet.
and
This mobile phone-cum-projector by Italian designer Stefano Casanova has a rotatable screen with a micro-light projector that allows users to view their display on any flat surface.

I can already pocket dial 911. Thats advanced enough for my needs.

• Like 2

I can already pocket dial 911. Thats advanced enough for my needs.

I sell cell phones so, knowing stuff like this can make me look smart...something has to! LOl

• Like 2

We need to talk. I found this nugget.

that is freaky! I was wondering when they were going to do something like that!

Ha! My number doesn't come up on it!

I lied, it will if you pay for the info.

Edited by glorybebe

Yeah. Its freaky.

I don't want a smarter phone!

It has to remain a Neanderthal for the time being.

I sell cell phones so, knowing stuff like this can make me look smart...something has to! LOl

Here's something for you then, Usher owns/ed (according to a news source) this phone. But still...

http://www.gsmarena....ture_s-2753.php

some ridculous bs pricetag but it's pretty decked out when it comes to materials used.

Edited by chopmo

my phone has a little flap at the back where you shovel coal into it to make it work, but as I lose/break 3-4 phones a year, buying an expensive one would be pointless.

• Like 1

Here's something for you then, Usher owns/ed (according to a news source) this phone. But still...

http://www.gsmarena....ture_s-2753.php

some ridculous bs pricetag but it's pretty decked out when it comes to materials used.

Thank you for the link. It is a 2/3G network we are at 4G right now. I love my smartphone I have a Samsung. I havevplayed with the z10, and not too excited about it. Out of all the cell phones sold around the world, 1 in 4 are Samsung smartphones.

my phone has a little flap at the back where you shovel coal into it to make it work, but as I lose/break 3-4 phones a year, buying an expensive one would be pointless.

My advice is to shop aroundcand see what kind of warranty plans different stores provide. Where I work, if you pay for the coverage, you break your phone, you get a new one. You fry it in water, you get a new one. We cover for three years. We are a Canadian store, but, surely someone offers a coverage like this where you live?

You don't have to explain the market. 9/10 "iphone" customers would leave with an galaxy :)

The link was just a interesting ridculous phone that was released nothing special. It's also a few years old. Quite basic so no I'd personally wouldn't aim to own it :S

I'll be interested when Nokia release the flexible phones. Instead of pinching the screen you flex it in and out for the function.

A company over here was also started using "Liquapel" (spray silicon from what I understand) which "weatherproofs" the phone.

As for tablet's Galaxy Note 10.1 absolutely great tab for a business/professional.

But I'm happy with my quadcore processer haha. Smooth as a bell on the S3, even stopped using launchers because I was just that impressed with the functions and customisation on it's base software. I can't wait to see the S4 or what's next for Samsung. Then again there is a lot! of tech coming out soon that will change a fair bit of the normal household. It'll be a whole different place by at least 2015 at a minimum.

My advice is to shop aroundcand see what kind of warranty plans different stores provide. Where I work, if you pay for the coverage, you break your phone, you get a new one. You fry it in water, you get a new one. We cover for three years. We are a Canadian store, but, surely someone offers a coverage like this where you live?

thanks for the advice, but I only really use my phone for its MP3 player. I always buy sony's as they have the best sound, and always small ones (xperia), as, because of the nature of my job, a large screen phone would be smashed to bits in days instead of weeks!

rather than pay a premium for insurance, I find it easier (and cheaper!) just to buy a new 2nd hand phone every time I break one.

I know it's not exactly a great system, but it works for me and my badly organised, slapdash way of life.....

:-)

You don't have to explain the market. 9/10 "iphone" customers would leave with an galaxy :)

The link was just a interesting ridculous phone that was released nothing special. It's also a few years old. Quite basic so no I'd personally wouldn't aim to own it :S

I'll be interested when Nokia release the flexible phones. Instead of pinching the screen you flex it in and out for the function.

A company over here was also started using "Liquapel" (spray silicon from what I understand) which "weatherproofs" the phone.

As for tablet's Galaxy Note 10.1 absolutely great tab for a business/professional.

But I'm happy with my quadcore processer haha. Smooth as a bell on the S3, even stopped using launchers because I was just that impressed with the functions and customisation on it's base software. I can't wait to see the S4 or what's next for Samsung. Then again there is a lot! of tech coming out soon that will change a fair bit of the normal household. It'll be a whole different place by at least 2015 at a minimum.

The Galaxy S4 is supposed to have an octo-core processor. I have to wait a year to upgrade, so I will be getting an S4 or whatever is the newest at that point.

thanks for the advice, but I only really use my phone for its MP3 player. I always buy sony's as they have the best sound, and always small ones (xperia), as, because of the nature of my job, a large screen phone would be smashed to bits in days instead of weeks!

rather than pay a premium for insurance, I find it easier (and cheaper!) just to buy a new 2nd hand phone every time I break one.

I know it's not exactly a great system, but it works for me and my badly organised, slapdash way of life.....

:-)

Boy, I wished you lived near me....I could make a lot of money seeling you phones! LOl, just kidding.

• Like 1

Boy, I wished you lived near me....I could make a lot of money seeling you phones! LOl, just kidding.

you probably could!

the place where I usually buy my phones from? I think i'm putting the owner's kids through college!!

you probably could!

the place where I usually buy my phones from? I think i'm putting the owner's kids through college!!

LOL! Maybe once those bendy phones are into production, it will help you from breaking them.

• Like 1

Maybe once those bendy phones are into production, it will help you from breaking them.

I wouldn't be too sure, with my natural aptitude for being a right gormless pillock, i'm confident I could come up with novel new ways for destroying those too!!

I don't so much need a phone as a black-box flight recorder.....

:o

I wouldn't be too sure, with my natural aptitude for being a right gormless pillock, i'm confident I could come up with novel new ways for destroying those too!!

I don't so much need a phone as a black-box flight recorder.....

:o

so, the perfect job for you would be...a cell phone tester andyou could see how much abuse they can stand up to! :w00t: