Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Flawed F-35 Fighter Too Big to Kill

questionmark

Today its altitude and steath. Make drones that fly high and send missles down on any jet fighter. Duh

(i'm struggling to think of any drone with an operational ceiling that would put it above a jetfighter....?)

• Like 2

an eurofighter typhoon would scrap it!

I can't help but wonder, with our economy and educational system seeming to be going down the drain, how much longer we can maintain a lead in technology/military strength. One of our generals (I think it was, I don't remember his name though) said, "the greatest threat to national security is the national debt" (and I paraphrased). It seems the whole world is falling into darkness...

• Like 2

(i'm struggling to think of any drone with an operational ceiling that would put it above a jetfighter....?)

Weaponized satalites. With no pilot we can fly a missle system for years in leo. If I can find my stolen car using my phone I think they can track and target planes. Stealh would be the key. Most nations will not need f-35 as its a scam to make the 1 percent richer. Lets talk stealth missiles

"the greatest threat to national security is the national debt"

imagine how many hospitals, schools, and homes you could build with $400bn....?

• Like 1

Weaponized satalites. With no pilot we can fly a missle system for years in leo.

i'm pretty sure orbital weapon platforms are banned?

Try using trillions as far as false wars go. America goes from 1 to 0 seems like a small number but when war is the only thing funding the economy, what can you say

• Like 2

Most nations will not need f-35 as its a scam to make the 1 percent richer.

ain't THAT the truth!!

i'm pretty sure orbital weapon platforms are banned?

Sub orbatal drones fly in an almost outer space reality, damn look at the Russians shooting down an American spy plan in the 70`s I bet we have improved

ain't THAT the truth!!

War is money and anyone payig taxes is paying for war false or not, but what is the false

wasn't the U2 taken down with a SAM?

Yes and times have changed. I have enough computing power in my cell phone to land the applo moon lander back in the 60 and 70`s these planes are a joke and deals done behind closed doors. The F-35 is a crap show

War is money and anyone payig taxes is paying for war false or not, but what is the false

just look at how much haliburton have made, for instance....

just look at how much haliburton have made, for instance....

don`t get me going the Bush family loves it here as the only out of country place him and his dad visit. Calgary vs Saudia Arabia the Bushes like the terroists hence the gov you have now. Its all about money and fat pigs when fat no longer care.

• Like 1

Canada may be on the hook for 65 f-35 and why, to deffend the north against a false enemy

i'm sure they'll sort it eventually!

20 years in the working lol

• Like 2

the only wars faught now are for profit not liberty or human rights not to be killed.

According to the knews today.. The US has grounded its entire fleet of 51 F-35 fighter jets after the discovery of a cracked engine blade. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-21554331

lol. when will they learn, names do matter, lightning II, Phobos-Grunt (grunt- Russian for ground.).......etc,.

Well, that choice of name didn't do English Electric or Lockheed (the first time round,with the P-38) too much harm.

Today its altitude and steath. Make drones that fly high and send missles down on any jet fighter. Duh

Shoot down a manned fighter with a Drone? That's really putting faith in technology. It's a quite different matter sending missiles into Terrorist Training Camps or killing Al Qaeada's Second in Command on a regular basis than trying to intercept something that may be flying very low and very fast, and can manouever to avoid you.

• Like 1

I can't help but wonder, with our economy and educational system seeming to be going down the drain, how much longer we can maintain a lead in technology/military strength. One of our generals (I think it was, I don't remember his name though) said, "the greatest threat to national security is the national debt" (and I paraphrased). It seems the whole world is falling into darkness...

Speak for yourself. Also, as for having a lead in military technology, that might be the case over your enemies but your allies also have stuff that's very high-tech to the point where it could rival and beat American equipment. Oh, and the Abrams is all American except for it's gun. Guess where that comes from.

Speak for yourself. Also, as for having a lead in military technology, that might be the case over your enemies but your allies also have stuff that's very high-tech to the point where it could rival and beat American equipment. Oh, and the Abrams is all American except for it's gun. Guess where that comes from.

and is ridiculously heavy and enormous. Like modern military Aircraft, can you imagine how much it would add to the national Debt if one was to be lost in action?

• Like 1

The demos I've seen of the F-35 make it look like a cross between a second (or later) generation Harrier and an F-22. The thing can fly and fight sideways for heaven's sake..... at what point do machines simply become too sophisticated for real world combat? And the cost is ridiculous. Can you imagine flying it and feeling that you need to punch out? I bet the first pilots will be the most experienced we have to offer just so there is less chance of losing a man OR an aircraft.

• Like 2

Well keep in mind that military spending is no different than space exploration. When you hear that it costs $8 billion to send a rover to Mars, it's not like $8 billion is strapped to a rocket and shot off into space. That money spent on these programs benefit all levels of the economy thus enabling those schools and hospitals to be built.

• Like 1

Shoot down a manned fighter with a Drone? That's really putting faith in technology. It's a quite different matter sending missiles into Terrorist Training Camps or killing Al Qaeada's Second in Command on a regular basis than trying to intercept something that may be flying very low and very fast, and can manouever to avoid you.

Having a cheap drone blow one up in a hanger would be devastating. War is about attrition after all. If a weapon is too expensive to build, let alone use or lose, then you already have serious problems. Fifty one planes at 400 billion is 7,843,137,254$ per plane that we paid if we shut the program down right now and those planes currently don't even fly.

Well keep in mind that military spending is no different than space exploration. When you hear that it costs $8 billion to send a rover to Mars, it's not like $8 billion is strapped to a rocket and shot off into space. That money spent on these programs benefit all levels of the economy thus enabling those schools and hospitals to be built.

That's also what Democrats say about welfare programs!

When you hear that it costs $8 billion to send a rover to Mars, it's not like $8 billion is strapped to a rocket and shot off into space. That money spent on these programs benefit all levels of the economy thus enabling those schools and hospitals to be built.

$8bn to send a probe to mars Vs $400bn to build a plane that doesn't fly, doesn't really sound like much of a benefit to the economy if you ask me.

• Like 2