Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mcaine thanks mother of an Auroa shooting

Ryinrea

http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/mccain-aide-pushes-back-on-selective-editing-of?ref=fpb

So why thank a woman who lost her son? Is he severing from dementia?

"Well first of all could I say thank you, and God bless, and thank you for your service and sacrifice you've made. Our hearts and our prayers go out to you and your family," McCain said in raw video from the event. "And I just had a town hall meeting yesterday in Tucson, and there were people there who were affected by this terrible tragedy of the shooting there. I met with Mark Kelly and Gabby Giffords in my office last week on this issue. As you know, they are becoming, understandably, great advocates on this issue. And I will continue that conversation. I can tell you right now you need some straight talk. That assault weapons ban will not pass the Congress of the United States. it won't."

, I am confused as heck by this sentence that I placed in bold. I would have said I give you my condolence on the lose of your son and then said our hearts and our prayers go out to you and your family. Why thank this woman for the service and sacrifice of losing ones son in a horrible crime?

http://livewire.talk...ting-of?ref=fpb

So why thank a woman who lost her son? Is he severing from dementia?

, I am confused as heck by this sentence that I placed in bold. I would have said I give you my condolence on the lose of your son and then said our hearts and our prayers go out to you and your family. Why thank this woman for the service and sacrifice of losing ones son in a horrible crime?

This guy lost it years ago.What you highlighted sounds like what one would tell the mother of a son/daughter that was killed in battle at a posthumous medal of honor ceromony.

I was a bit lost I agree that its sounds more to what speach you would give too a vet or someone who was getting a medeal. Not to someone who lost her son in a mass killing. He lost any amount of actting sympthy; he had, with the stright talk arrgument.

It is an unusual statement, but makes some sense if he was one of the guys who died while shielding someone else.

This thread is partisan bait for "kicking the retarded cousin". Someone even crazier than Obama? Hey let's pick on him! If this is the best evidence we can get of McCain's vaunted dementia, I am not impressed. :)

It is not without precedence but certainly does not have the tact of this Abraham Lincoln letter:

Executive Mansion, Washington, Nov 21, 1864.

To Mrs. Bixby, Boston, Mass.

Dear Madam,

I have been shown in the files of the War Department a statement of the Adjutant General of Massachusetts that you are the mother of five (5) sons who have died gloriously on the field of battle.

I feel how weak and fruitless must be any word of mine which should attempt to beguile you from the grief of a loss so overwhelming. But I cannot refrain from tendering you the consolation that may be found in the thanks of the republic they died to save. I pray that our Heavenly Father may assuage the anguish of your bereavement, and leave you only the cherished memory of the loved and lost, and the solemn pride that must be yours to have laid so costly a sacrifice upon the altar of freedom.

Yours, very sincerely and respectfully,