Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Chelyabinsk meteor: Many Russians unconvinced

Still Waters

Yes there's a difference! We're no threat to Russia! Good grief! The United States NEEDS a strong Russia!

Bah! I give up.

did the Russian Govt. say that it was an American missile? Or was that just what someone may have said on the inter Net?

All this has got me to speculating (rather wildly) about what it would mean if we really were under observation or study by a seriously advanced culture who for whatever reason don't want to reveal themselves.

If I were commanding such an outfit and saw that the planet we were studying was about to be hit by a rock big enough to destroy a city and kill millions, but I don't want to make my presence known to them, what do I do. It is immoral to sit back and do nothing when you have the power to prevent the catastrophe.

Well I shoot the damn thing down high up in the atmosphere so our explosion seems to be just normal meteoric atmospheric destruction.

So maybe we are being protected, we just don't know it. :unsure:

That would be nice of them. You do know that you would be god to many here once they found out.

th_smiley-bow.gif

Doesn't surprise me. That was one heck of an air explosion. Of course it was just the meteor, but I assume(without knowledge) many in that region do not have ready access to world-wide information regarding the natural, cosmic event.

All Russians from Kaliningrad to Vladivostok and Murmansk to Krasnodar have full access to all forms of communication and are very well informed. Even people living in far out of the way places such as Amur where it takes 24 hours simply to get from homestead to local village....

• Like 1

did the Russian Govt. say that it was an American missile? Or was that just what someone may have said on the inter Net?

It was the embarassing idiot Zhirinovsky who said it was US missile. He knows Western media monitor all he says and will give him publicity in order to try to put Russia in bad light. I think he is secret US agitator :D

I put a video up on another thread about this. It was linked from Russian side of Youtube, and I can say clearly that the vast majority of comments have condemned the video as fake. People know it was a meteor. There is some ignorant Russophobic garbage here 571759ce7545.gif

• Like 4

Typical world view, whenever something out of the ordinary comes up that's negative, you can always count on the US to be the first to get locked up on conspiracy somehow!

They say that Russia is the motherland of conspiracy theories, and public reaction to the sudden meteor strike a week ago that stunned people in the Ural mountains, and injured more than 1,200, seems to be proving that true.

A survey published today by the fairly staid Moscow daily Noviye Izvestia found that barely half its readers believe the official report that the blast was caused by a meteor.

http://www.csmonitor...think-so.-video

This has to be treated with much suspicion. There is a test on that site about how much you know about Russia. I did this test and got to, I think, 11 out of 11 correct, then the next question required an incorrect answer to be "correct". It was about Catherine the Great. So, if they cannot compile a proper test, then what else can they not do correctly. Though I will say that the test will be very difficult for foreigners

This has to be treated with much suspicion. There is a test on that site about how much you know about Russia. I did this test and got to, I think, 11 out of 11 correct, then the next question required an incorrect answer to be "correct". It was about Catherine the Great. So, if they cannot compile a proper test, then what else can they not do correctly. Though I will say that the test will be very difficult for foreigners

I thoguht I'd try that. 15/20, although I think question 16 ("Who followed Stalin as Premier of the Soviet Union") was a bit of a trick question, as you'd naturally think of Khruschev wouldn't you.

The Catherine the Great one was " Which of these things was Catherine the Great not known for?" , and she wasn't known for the Russian defeat by the armies of Napoleon, so it is right.

11 of 20 answered correctly but I guessed a lot. I thought the Rybinsk reservoir was the largest body of fresh water in Russia. Lake Baikal must be HUGE indeed.

Typical world view, whenever something out of the ordinary comes up that's negative, you can always count on the US to be the first to get locked up on conspiracy somehow!

Its the Russians who have mentioned the US.

11 of 20 answered correctly but I guessed a lot. I thought the Rybinsk reservoir was the largest body of fresh water in Russia. Lake Baikal must be HUGE indeed.

Not so huge in area, though it is big. The volume is in the depth, Baikal is very deep, and who knows what is in it unexplored depths.....

• Like 1

I thoguht I'd try that. 15/20, although I think question 16 ("Who followed Stalin as Premier of the Soviet Union") was a bit of a trick question, as you'd naturally think of Khruschev wouldn't you.

The Catherine the Great one was " Which of these things was Catherine the Great not known for?" , and she wasn't known for the Russian defeat by the armies of Napoleon, so it is right.

did it again, 19/20 as I stupidly clicked Khruschev and not Malenkov. That is obscure....

Edited by Atentutankh-pasheri

Conspiracy theorist's are so funny,at the same time i feel as if maybe we aren't told the entire truth of every situation but really...Alien viruses? A U.S. attack? come on people

All this has got me to speculating (rather wildly) about what it would mean if we really were under observation or study by a seriously advanced culture who for whatever reason don't want to reveal themselves.

If I were commanding such an outfit and saw that the planet we were studying was about to be hit by a rock big enough to destroy a city and kill millions, but I don't want to make my presence known to them, what do I do. It is immoral to sit back and do nothing when you have the power to prevent the catastrophe.

Well I shoot the damn thing down high up in the atmosphere so our explosion seems to be just normal meteoric atmospheric destruction.

So maybe we are being protected, we just don't know it. :unsure:

I don't know that it would be considered immoral. If they hold a policy of observance with no intervention so as to preserve the natural order of things, it would be no more immoral than, say, a group of people on safari that do nothing to prevent a couple of lionesses from taking a zebra.

I have'nt seen many Russian posts coming out yet most of them are taught English in school, does this mean that they are censored from using P.C's to communicate outside Russia ?. if so they are not telling us that several beings parachuted from the "meteor" before it crashed as it was really an Alian Spaceship.

did they even check inside the water where it landed to find the meteorite???? that might be a good start to prove if it was or wasn't

did they even check inside the water where it landed to find the meteorite???? that might be a good start to prove if it was or wasn't

If the fact that it looked like a meteor, travelled like a meteor, acted like a meteor, exploded like a meteor and left behind meteorite fragments isn't evidence enough for some people then finding a rock in a lake isn't going to convince them.

There is enough proof already for the rational and you can't reason with the irrational.

• Like 4

I'm not gonna lie when i first saw the Video Footage of the Meteor coming in on Fox News i personal thought that it almost looked like a Missile from the smoke trail.

Some people just hate living in reality. *sighs*

"reality is what you can get away with" (Robert Anton Wilson)

I have'nt seen many Russian posts coming out yet most of them are taught English in school, does this mean that they are censored from using P.C's to communicate outside Russia ?. if so they are not telling us that several beings parachuted from the "meteor" before it crashed as it was really an Alian Spaceship.

There's loads of viedos on YouTube. Not to mention an almost unlimited number of Beautiful Russian Women who Want to Meet You.

I'm not gonna lie when i first saw the Video Footage of the Meteor coming in on Fox News i personal thought that it almost looked like a Missile from the smoke trail.

I really don't think that need be such an absurd and ridiculous thing for people to think, bearing in mind the number of countries there are that are, or claim to be, developing rockets & long range Missiles, and which don't necessarily always comply with the conventions for publicising launches. And not to mention that we have, several times, seen strange effects in the sky (those Spirals) that we're told were in fact Missiles.

Well this spring when the ice melts they will dig it up and we will see what it is, but I am already persuaded it was exactly what the authorities are saying.

We have to expect that certain types of people will inevitably jump to conspiracy-oriented conclusions. It always happens with any major event.