Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

do you believe the Torah and the Holy Bible

Roy Perry

God of nothing, God of something, and God of everything first

The Torah nor the Holy Bible are not inspired by God

02-24-2013

The Torah and the Holy Bible are sets of books inspired by God Himself by our holy men of God but the Torah nor the Holy Bible has not God blessing their them as a set. God never said let us put together great works of truth and called them names such as the holy bible and the torah. God inspired the book of love which is truth which has every written in the torah and holy bible as it was first inspired in the beginning.

In the beginning when send his love given us light to mark it the light was spiritual light the light of love itself a truth that all men witness in side their self as light shows them everything known to mankind. This very truth is how God inspired his love unto us showing the illusion of things may get alone with the blackness of nothing which a illusion too because we need light to see even the color black which we call night. The truth is reveled by the light of mind as the eye see it the mind fight to understand what it saw so the Torah and Holy Bible are nothing and real truth is in the mind that understood what was inspired to them.

So the light that was given in the beginning was no less love than the light that we read by today as the green of grass which is understand as good grass because it is not brown showing the mind its hearth. The mind understands the different from death and life even in the grass of the field because God has taught us the meaning of living grass over dyeing grass. Sure inside our Holy Bible and Torah we find God inspired word of truth by the love of God but not by the putting it together of books.

So in the truth the Torah and Holy Bible their no truth in the putting together of these man made books but in very light they were inspired in the mind of each writer. Which was the holy person that wrote each of them because the light that inspired them was God himself the God of the man himself. The true God of every man is in the creation of man itself in the image of God thank you with love of light that reveres the illusion of God himself and a holy kiss of friendship unto you from Roy.

What? :huh:

I've re-read that several times and still don't understand what it's saying. Are you simply quoting from the video (I have not been able to view the video)? Are you paraphrasing it?

• Like 1

No, he is the god if one Levantine tribe, and which by accident of history, mostly due to Roman Empire, has become god of many other peoples. He is not God, he is a god, and probably is not even a god, simply a composite of gods from various Levantine tribes.

The God of the Torah and the Bible? He'd have to be God to exist. Nothing could be that contradictory, backwards, or hypocritical other than the God of the Abrahamic religions and still 'exist'. A more focused answer: no, He's like Santa and the Easter Bunny, who both, ironically...

God first

thanks IamsSon

the question is "do you believe in the God of the holy Bible or Torah?

yes or no or maybe

the rest of it is my feeling personual

OK, thanks for the clarification. Yes, I believe the Torah and the other books that comprise the Bible describe the being who created the universe and His interaction with mankind.
  • Like 1

He's like Santa and the Easter Bunny, who both, ironically...

Exist, you were going to say exist, I know you were. Oh please say they exist! Santa and the Easter Bunny must exist. Putting my fingers in my ears and closing my eyes now so I don't hear and see bad things about Santa and Bunny not existing :blush:

• Like 1

Exist, you were going to say exist, I know you were. Oh please say they exist! Santa and the Easter Bunny must exist. Putting my fingers in my ears and closing my eyes now so I don't hear and see bad things about Santa and Bunny not existing :blush:

Are fakes!

DEBUNK.png

I believe it about as much as I believe in the easter bunny and santa claus - they're all myths!

God first

thanks mfrmboy and Atentutankh-pasheri and Hasina and IamsSon and Mr Guitar

you see some believe in a God and some do not

it a right that we have to believe or not

I believe in Santa and easter bunny

with love of truth what ever that might be and an holy kiss of friendship unto you from Roy

I wholeheartedly agree that everyone has a right to believe as they want.

I have a right to believe that bus heading directly at me at 60 miles per hour is not real and not going to hit me, but no matter how pure and absolute my belief is, if the bus turns out to be real, I will suffer the consequences.

• Like 3

I'm a true witness to God's truth in the holy bible. So, yes of course it's holy inspired, don't be ridiculous. That's one for God. Thank you.

• Like 2

I believe more some days than others.

The way some put down belief with such force as if it was a kick A thing to do definitely tells me atheists exists.

Well so do believers....whether God exists or not is besides the point since we both do. And those as non-believers who don't believe in God this fact should be more important to you than me: the fact believers exist as much as you do.

Edited by Leave Britney alone!

I believe more some days than others.

The way some put down belief with such force as if it was a kick A thing to do definitely tells me atheists exists.

Well so do believers....whether God exists or not is besides the point since we both do. And those as non-believers who don't believe in God this fact should be more important to you than me: the fact believers exist as much as you do.

So, are you saying knowing that there are people who don't believe God exists and knowing that there are people who believe God does exist is what matters?

So, are you saying knowing that there are people who don't believe God exists and knowing that there are people who believe God does exist is what matters?

When it comes to an interchange between believers and non-believers, yes, that is all that matters to me since I believe that atheists, pagans, and all others have an equal chance to go to heaven just as much as I or you do (and it doesn't matter if they do not believe in heaven what does is the way I treat and approach others).

There are scriptures and my own heart's compass that have led me to this position. There is no need to convince others that they need God, who knows maybe they grew up abused by Christians, I think God will understand if they choose another path, I certainly do!

My whole point though was to be taken from a point of a non-believer, and while Santa and God might not exist to them, it is respectful to not spoil these beliefs for children or Christians respectively, but allow them to hold their beliefs. Some non-believers act that just because God does not exist that they can pretend our faith, our views, and that we ourselves do not exist and thus they say and do cruel things that should not be done to someone you recognize as a person, a being, a fellow human.

But maybe this is a lesson Christians need more than others. Forcing your view, your God, and your Jesus down the throat of others is not recognizing others as persons with their own views and capable of making their own decisions and in turn respecting them.

Edited by Leave Britney alone!
  • Like 4

No comment. :sleepy:

No comment. :sleepy:

Then you could have saved some effort by not bothering to post anything, could you not? :unsure2:

• Like 1

Although to be fair, I'm not quite sure what is being asked. The title says

were not holy inspired?

but then it goes on to say

the question is "do you believe in the God of the holy Bible or Torah?

yes or no or maybe

But whichever it is, I think the God of the Bible, or the God of the Old testament at any rate, was a tribal God invented by the tribes of Israel when they were wandering the desert 1000 or more years before the time of Jesus. Now, the Prophets may have been inspired by God, but what they wrote is how they interpreted this inspiration, and this they expressed in ways that were very personal and particular to them. So i really don't think you can get any real, objective idea of the nature of God from them. I think the way in which the Bible might give an insight into what God is and what God is about is through those four, often overlooked books of the New testament known as the Gospels. The ones in which that often overlooked character called Jesus says a few things. So, to answer the question, whatever it actually is, I think I'd say that while parts of the OT may have been divinely inspired, that doesn't neccessarily mean that they tell us the truth about the nature of God, and the God that the older material, the tribal God, I certainly don't believe in as being in any way representative of God.

Thank you.

Although to be fair, I'm not quite sure what is being asked. The title says

were not holy inspired?

but then it goes on to say

But whichever it is, I think the God of the Bible, or the God of the Old testament at any rate, was a tribal God invented by the tribes of Israel when they were wandering the desert 1000 or more years before the time of Jesus. Now, the Prophets may have been inspired by God, but what they wrote is how they interpreted this inspiration, and this they expressed in ways that were very personal and particular to them. So i really don't think you can get any real, objective idea of the nature of God from them. I think the way in which the Bible might give an insight into what God is and what God is about is through those four, often overlooked books of the New testament known as the Gospels. The ones in which that often overlooked character called Jesus says a few things. So, to answer the question, whatever it actually is, I think I'd say that while parts of the OT may have been divinely inspired, that doesn't neccessarily mean that they tell us the truth about the nature of God, and the God that the older material, the tribal God, I certainly don't believe in as being in any way representative of God.

Thank you.

These are indeed cultural narratives, myths to be more specific, and this itself is something special and their success is due to a variety of factors and while it might be time to curb many of the remainin excesses partaken by some adherents there should always be room to allow the moderate faithful to continue without a campaign to destroy their beliefs.

Different walks of life believe in a creator of some sort. From organized religions such as Christian, Judaism , Islam, Buddhist and Hindu.

Then there are Indigenous peoples such as Native Americans, Aborigines and African Tribes who each have their god or creator.

All have their own belief system on how they worship.

When it comes to an interchange between believers and non-believers, yes, that is all that matters to me since I believe that atheists, pagans, and all others have an equal chance to go to heaven just as much as I or you do (and it doesn't matter if they do not believe in heaven what does is the way I treat and approach others).

There are scriptures and my own heart's compass that have led me to this position.

Can you provide the Scriptures, please.

These are indeed cultural narratives, myths to be more specific, and this itself is something special and their success is due to a variety of factors and while it might be time to curb many of the remainin excesses partaken by some adherents there should always be room to allow the moderate faithful to continue without a campaign to destroy their beliefs.

A campaign to destroy their beleifs? Heavens. I didn't know I was campaining for that. Are, though, Deuteronomy and Leviticus really an essential part of anyone's beliefs now, Christian or Jew? Surely they're just obsolete now. Genesis and Exodus are important for the establishing of the background mythology, and the Prophets, but really, it could do with some editing, couldn't it? And what about the vengeful, jealous "no other god but me, dammit!, or I'll Smite the lot of you. In fact, I think i will anyway, just to remind you that I'm not bluffing" god of certain of the older books of the OT. Does that do anything but harm to the perception of religion in general, and Christianity in particular? I'm sure you know how much mileage Dawkins gets out of it. Just recognising that the God of long ago was a different God to the truth, or rather that the way the people of long ago wanted to see God was different, since of course this God was their creation, wouldn't mean destroying anyone's beliefs, as it's nothing to do with the message that Jesus wanted to get across, the whole point of what Jesus taught was that people ought to break away from the slavish following of laws and regulations, so really, insisting that all of the OT should be followed literally goes against his teachings.