Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Monsato = evil, They will be the death of us

OverSword

You''re implying such now and you did then.

So stating the possibility that an organisation is corrupt as a result of its obvious influence and hold in high regard of integrity (as is obvious how you regard the WHO) I suggested it would be possible that corruption could exist in the WHO. Are you going to tell me that's absurd?

Now look at a corporation like Monsanto, as we are both in agreement about the low ethical and moral standards of how their business operates, and tell me they wouldn't try fight tooth and nail if the WHO had an issue with their products. It wouldn't be at the very least absurd to bribe an organisation that has an influence over consumers as outlined before. Unless of course everyone in the WHO is a straight arrow. But let's remind ourselves we are humans and corruption isn't an impossible concept.

Monsanto is a multinational corporation and definite capabilities and focused intentions of getting a multinational organisation on their side. To think that is ludicrous is ludicrous in itself.

Refusal to consider a point or scenario is a form of ignorance as evident when you suggested you must be retarded to even believe such (as I've just outlined it is very well possible). The last time I saw this method of debating and discussion would probably be on Fox News.

The only thing I stated is that Monsanto is an unethical and immoral company. As for WHO being corrupt I have discussed the possibilities of this issue being true in regards to Monsanto and their influence over the market. This is a forum of discussion an debate is it not?

• Like 3

I think that the superweeds are not GMO, as that implies that they were engineered. They are better described as hybrid, I think. Also the Monsanto crops grow just fine in the roundup dirt, it is just that the weeds do too. From what I've read many farmers have gone back to mechanical removal of the weeds rather then hire hand labor, or use more dangerous chemicals.

I agree. I think your description is more accurate then mine. I think they refer to it as "burning the ground" chemically. Not the slash burning were familiar with along I-5 in Oregon.

Because you haven't said anything that was completely and utterly insane yet. Implying that somehow Bill Gates and Monsanto are the same thing is just lunacy

The Bill gates foundation is a big supporter of Monsanto. Thats where that reference comes from

http://readersupportednews.org/opinion2/272-39/11392-why-is-the-gates-foundation-helping-monsanto

The FedGov still says that the active ingredient in roundup, Glyphosate, is almost totally harmless to humans. Even studies that were done regarding pregnant women showed little to no toxicity from the food processed from roundup crops. Even studies in Japan and EUROPE have concluded that there is little worry about Glyphosate. Now, if there are other chemicals in there, then that could be another story....

I think it's some form of surfactant that is the real problem(polyethoxylated tallow amine apparently, have a hard time remembering names like that),. Which is why I'm more worried about the actual product of round up then Glyphosate then the gmo resil.

They really are not bad company science-wise; it's when they gotta dip in to politics I start to worry, but I do that about everything when it comes to politics. As long as it sounds good it can pass.

I always liked going through the dirt and actually taking out the weeds myself. Gives me something to do, and avoids the feeling of dumping toxic chemicals on a living thing to accidentally make superior race; sorry wrong word. I meant weed.

Edited by Jinxdom

Roundup did loose its biodegradable status as less then 2% of its active ingredients had dissipated from the soil after 90 days. That does not indicate there harmful to humans but tests on lab rats have shown that it alters cell division which can be a precursor to cancer.

Other then that we are now in mass human trials so will soon enough begin to find out whether we like the results or not and it will be too late to alter the experiment to produce a safer product.

My vegetables are grown organically and I weed by handtools. Its healthier to get outside and work then it is to spray chemicals.

Edited by AsteroidX
  • Like 1

So stating the possibility that an organisation is corrupt as a result of its obvious influence and hold in high regard of integrity (as is obvious how you regard the WHO) I suggested it would be possible that corruption could exist in the WHO. Are you going to tell me that's absurd?

Yes.

Now look at a corporation like Monsanto, as we are both in agreement about the low ethical and moral standards of how their business operates, and tell me they wouldn't try fight tooth and nail if the WHO had an issue with their products.

Because they have better things to do and fighting the WHO in a lengthy litigation process would likely garner them bad publicity in the eyes of those who aren't "aware" of what Monsanto does. The WHO hasn't banned anything yet because there isn't anything that is dangerous to human consumption.

Whatever the case is, it's not down to bloody corruption. And in any case, Monsanto can probably afford more writers and scriptors of the company's image than Hollywood employs.

But let's remind ourselves we are humans and corruption isn't an impossible concept.

There is such a thing called "professionalism".

This is a forum of discussion an debate is it not?

There's a difference between debates and conspiracy theories. One is fact based.

There's a difference between debates and conspiracy theories. One is fact based.

I dont find this topic to fall under conspiracy theory in the least bit. Not even one iota. There were many more bribes then actual testing done on Monsanto GMO seeds.

Edited by AsteroidX
  • Like 3

WHO is completely corrupt . They're behind forced vaccinations ,and vaccination scare campaigns ,in general.

Vaccines save lives and they also kill a small number of people. The cost benefit analysis is vastly weighed in favour of the Vaccines.

Maybe you'd like to forgo your polio vaccine and then go to an area where the WHO hasn't brought polio vaccines. Until you can acknowledge that vaccines have saved millions of lives, your not debating from a rational place.

The WHO has been one of the main reasons why modern knowledge of medical health, hygiene and vaccines have caused the greatest climb in human population ever seen. Not bad for an organization who is out to kill us all.

I get mighty sick of this bull****.

Br Cornelius

Vaccines save lives and they also kill a small number of people. The cost benefit analysis is vastly weighed in favour of the Vaccines.

Maybe you'd like to forgo your polio vaccine and then go to an area where the WHO hasn't brought polio vaccines. Until you can acknowledge that vaccines have saved millions of lives, your not debating from a rational place.

The WHO has been one of the main reasons why modern knowledge of medical health, hygiene and vaccines have caused the greatest climb in human population ever seen. Not bad for an organization who is out to kill us all.

I get mighty sick of this bull****.

Br Cornelius

This is what I don't understand about the vaccine conspiracies...

I don't want all those nasty diseases vaccines protect you from, I take the risk and get the injection. Quite a small risk, I gather. Nothing wrong with that.

• Like 1

Its the vaccines for non life threatening or convenience vaccines and the possible long term implications on our immune systems by "over using" vaccines. We just seem to be turning into a society if it can be vaccinated against take a shot. Im not sure Id go that far. But the Polio vaccine is a very good example of vaccines working to benefit humanity.

examples: chicken pox, HPV, flu (non pandemic or especially virulent strains are the exception) for the generally healthy population (the immune compromised,elderly and some other groups should always guard against the flu).

• Like 1

Its the vaccines for non life threatening or convenience vaccines and the possible long term implications on our immune systems by "over using" vaccines. We just seem to be turning into a society if it can be vaccinated against take a shot. Im not sure Id go that far. But the Polio vaccine is a very good example of vaccines working to benefit humanity.

examples: chicken pox, HPV, flu (non pandemic or especially virulent strains are the exception) for the generally healthy population (the immune compromised,elderly and some other groups should always guard against the flu).

Exactly and very well put.

Br Cornelius

Yes.

Why?

Because they have better things to do and fighting the WHO in a lengthy litigation process would likely garner them bad publicity in the eyes of those who aren't "aware" of what Monsanto does. The WHO hasn't banned anything yet because there isn't anything that is dangerous to human consumption.

Apparently the WHO is quite important in your decision to consume or use a product. I didn't explicitly mean in the press and eye of the public or on the forefront of court cases etc; but more so in preventative ways or dealing with things quietly regarding bribes. I never stated the foods themselves are dangerous to human consumption. Though wouldn't Monsantos handling in the agent orange cases and the business practises that have resulted in probably many cases of depression and suicides in India resulting from the cotton seed issue at least bring to the attention of the WHO?

Whatever the case is, it's not down to bloody corruption. And in any case, Monsanto can probably afford more writers and scriptors of the company's image than Hollywood employs.

I never said it was. I was supporting the idea that Wearer of Hats brought forward on corruption and how it could be addressed and considered in the argument.

There is such a thing called "professionalism".

Yet corruption still exists within businesses; corporations or organisations.

Well I guess I should call people retarded and such, perhaps that is more progressive. What I'm discussing and the manner I am doing so is far from a conspiracy theory. Learn how corruption works in the business world.

• Like 1

A Monsanto official told the New York Times that the corporation should not have to take responsibility for the safety of its food products. "Monsanto should not have to vouchsafe the safety of biotech food," said Phil Angell, Monsanto's director of corporate communications. "Our interest is in selling as much of it as possible. Assuring its safety is the FDA's job."

It would be nice to think the FDA can be trusted with these matters, but think again. Monsanto has succeeded in insuring that government regulatory agencies let Monsanto do as it wishes. Take a look:

Prior to being the Supreme Court Judge who put GW Bush in office,Clarence Thomas was Monsanto's lawyer.

The U.S. Secretary of Agriculture (Anne Veneman) was on the Board of Directors of Monsanto's Calgene Corporation.

The Secretary of Defense (Donald Rumsfeld) was on the Board of Directors of Monsanto's Searle pharmaceuticals. (helped get nutrasweet on the market!)

The U.S. Secretary of Health, Tommy Thompson, received $50,000 in donations from Monsanto during his winning campaign for Wisconsin's governor.

The two congressmen receiving the most donations from Monsanto during the last election were Larry Combest (Chairman of the House Agricultural Committee) and Attorney General John Ashcroft. (Source: Dairy Education Board)

In order for the FDA to determine if Monsanto's growth hormones were safe or not, Monsanto was required to submit a scientific report on that topic. Margaret Miller, one of Monsanto's researchers put the report together. Shortly before the report submission, Miller left Monsanto and was hired by the FDA. Her first job for the FDA was to determine whether or not to approve the report she wrote for Monsanto. In short, Monsanto approved its own report. Assisting Miller was another former Monsanto researcher, Susan Sechen. Deciding whether or not rBGH-derived milk should be labeled fell under the jurisdiction of another FDA official, Michael Taylor, who previously worked as a lawyer for Monsanto.

http://gmfoodwatch.tribe.net/thread/88f3fc9a-8eaf-4dbe-892f-8cf8b67f6255

• Like 6

President Obama knows that agribusiness cannot be trusted with the regulatory powers of government. On the campaign trail in 2007, he promised: We'll tell ConAgra that it's not the Department of Agribusiness. It's the Department of Agriculture. We're going to put the people's interests ahead of the special interests.

tom-vilsack-72.jpgBut, starting with his choice for USDA Secretary, the pro-biotech former governor of Iowa, Tom Vilsack, President Obama has let Monsanto, Dupont and the other pesticide and genetic engineering companies know they'll have plenty of friends and supporters within his administration.

President Obama has taken his team of food and farming leaders directly from the biotech companies and their lobbying, research, and philanthropic arms:

michael-taylor-72.jpgMichael Taylor

former Monsanto Vice President, is now the FDA Deputy Commissioner for Foods.

roger-beachy-72.jpgRoger Beachy

former director of the Monsanto-funded Danforth Plant Science Center, is now the director of the USDA National Institute of Food and Agriculture.

islam-siddiqui72.jpgIslam Siddiqui

Vice President of theMonsanto and Dupont-fundedpesticide-promoting lobbying group, CropLife, is now the Agriculture Negotiator for the US Trade Representative.

rajiv-shah-72.jpgRajiv Shah

former agricultural-development director for the pro-biotech Gates Foundation (a frequent Monsanto partner), served as Obama's USDA Under Secretary for Research Education and Economics and Chief Scientist and is now head of USAID.

elena-kagan-72.jpgElena Kagan

who, as President Obama's Solicitor General, took Monsanto's side against organic farmers in the Roundup Ready alfalfa case, is now on the Supreme Court.

Ramona Romero

corporate counsel to DuPont, has been nominated by President Obama to serve as General Counsel for the USDA.

• Like 4

Excellent preacherman .. quite revealing of the " revolving door" principal in practice. Of course someone will now say that the 'selectees' were chosen for their "Experience" .... well, ya,, sorta.

• Like 2

Well this is just opinion and playing semantics I see it as you gave me the information in a humorous format They just did the research :P

[...]

Lets continue that way. Here is paper Ames et al, PNAS 87(19) (1990) 7777-7781 (though it was criticized in Tomatis et al, The FASEB Journal 15(1) (2001) 195-203 and I agree with critique). Look at the Table 1. See how many "bad stuff" there are in cabbages? You can look up for allyl cyanide, chlorogenic and caffeic acid, and other stuff.

Now, imagine, I put this table on the label of hypothetical GM cabbages and add evil word Monsanto. That, probably, would split heavens from outrage. You would hear that this and this causes cancer, this and that are simply toxic, this and this not even researched, etc. Its Frankencabbage! We need more research! Long term impact! etc, etc, etc... But if you put the same table of "ingredients" on Organic label, that wouldn't produce any noise.

See my point?

[...]

I just think that for every GMO that gets made, extra questions need to be asked beforehand and watched for then simply turning it loose. [...]

But when salt resistant breeds are introduced, extra question needn't be asked? Cause you know, long term health and environmental impact might be negative.
  • Like 1

What science are you suggesting. The science of how you can make a plant immune to roundup so you can spray it indiscriminately ?

Which in turn killed all our bees,and then cover it up ans plant false information about cell phones .lol lol lol

• Like 3

Exaggerate much? Perhaps when you and others stop using hyperbole as an argument strategy, you'll get more of a following.

Because I've said it ALL here before ,numerous times. Bill Gates wants us all to eat Gmos,and yet hoards heirloom seeds for his own ends,and wants the world vaccinated .

WHO supports all of this,and children are dying in all the countries where his vaccines are being tested,and ifs all swept under a carpet.

And given how many likes I get ,I have plenty of people who agree with me,but I has no idea it was a popularity contest here .

I wasn't thinking I needed a,following .lol

Edited by Simbi Laveau
  • Like 1

President Obama knows that agribusiness cannot be trusted with the regulatory powers of government. On the campaign trail in 2007, he promised: We'll tell ConAgra that it's not the Department of Agribusiness. It's the Department of Agriculture. We're going to put the people's interests ahead of the special interests.

tom-vilsack-72.jpgBut, starting with his choice for USDA Secretary, the pro-biotech former governor of Iowa, Tom Vilsack, President Obama has let Monsanto, Dupont and the other pesticide and genetic engineering companies know they'll have plenty of friends and supporters within his administration.

President Obama has taken his team of food and farming leaders directly from the biotech companies and their lobbying, research, and philanthropic arms:

michael-taylor-72.jpgMichael Taylor

former Monsanto Vice President, is now the FDA Deputy Commissioner for Foods.

roger-beachy-72.jpgRoger Beachy

former director of the Monsanto-funded Danforth Plant Science Center, is now the director of the USDA National Institute of Food and Agriculture.

islam-siddiqui72.jpgIslam Siddiqui

Vice President of theMonsanto and Dupont-fundedpesticide-promoting lobbying group, CropLife, is now the Agriculture Negotiator for the US Trade Representative.

rajiv-shah-72.jpgRajiv Shah

former agricultural-development director for the pro-biotech Gates Foundation (a frequent Monsanto partner), served as Obama's USDA Under Secretary for Research Education and Economics and Chief Scientist and is now head of USAID.

elena-kagan-72.jpgElena Kagan

who, as President Obama's Solicitor General, took Monsanto's side against organic farmers in the Roundup Ready alfalfa case, is now on the Supreme Court.

Ramona Romero

Th counsel to DuPont, has been nominated by President Obama to serve as General Counsel for the USDA.

Obomba is the one who signed codes alimentarius into law in 2009,which gave monSATANo full control of our seeds.

He has also allowed the FBI and FDA to systematically put raw dairy farms out of business,so we must drink only the ultrapasturized steroid antibiotic laden stuff .

There are many more govt connections with monSATANo.

Hilary Clinton used to be a litigator for them ...where did she end up in government ?

Here is a very comprehensive list .

http://www.occupymonsanto360.org/blogs/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/monsanto-in-government1.jpg

The who what and why's of the seed monopoly .

. http://www.beginningfarmers.org/article-visualizing-consolidation-in-the-global-seed-industry-1996-2008-by-phil-howard/

Edited by Simbi Laveau
  • Like 1

I get mighty sick of this bull****in

Br Cornelius

If you're sick of reading the truth ,please block me ,because I'm get sick of being reprimanded by someone who doesn't have my scope of experience and knowledge . .

I was vaccinated with ONE vaccine ,in the 1960s .You know,before vaccines became a money making vehicle for big pharm .

I've since had a couple of flu vaccs in the 1990s ,and the Hep B vaccine for work .

If you have no problem with every child being vaccinated DOZENS of times a year ,for nonsense ,good for you .

I have issue with it being FORCED on the young ,infirmed and ignorant.

Keep you bull**** comments to YOURSELF .

Thanks

And the way you shills defend vaccines ,you would think your livelihoods depended upon it *coughs*

WHO CORRUPTION 101

http://rense.com/general88/megawho.htm

http://www.theepochtimes.com/n2/health/bmj-exposes-who-corruption-37268.html

http://www.financialsensearchive.com/editorials/engdahl/2010/0111.html

http://www.theepochtimes.com/n2/health/bmj-exposes-who-corruption-37268.html

Look ,a lawsuit against WHO,for...wow ,trying to kill us all ....

http://www.currentconcerns.ch/index.php?id=850

http://www.livehealthyforless.com/jane-burgermeister-pandemic-update-june-25-2012/

And this alleged birdflu coming to get us,is the same old song and dance. Aka LIES .

Edited by Simbi Laveau
  • Like 2

If you're sick of reading the truth ,please block me ,because I'm get sick of being reprimanded by someone who doesn't have my scope of experience and knowledge . .

I was vaccinated with ONE vaccine ,in the 1960s .You know,before vaccines became a money making vehicle for big pharm .

I've since had a couple of flu vaccs in the 1990s ,and the Hep B vaccine for work .

If you have no problem with every child being vaccinated DOZENS of times a year ,for nonsense ,good for you .

Thanks

And the way you shills defend vaccines ,you would think your livelihoods depended upon it *coughs*

WHO CORRUPTION 101

http://www.theepocht...tion-37268.html

http://www.financial.../2010/0111.html

http://www.currentco...ndex.php?id=850

http://www.livehealt...e-june-25-2012/

And this alleged birdflu coming to get us,is the same old song and dance. Aka LIES .

The people of the developing world cue up to recieve vaccines against life threatening diseases offered through WHO activities. Ask them if they think the risks are worth it.

I spent about a year toying with the idea of the Vaccine conspiracy when the MMR panic surfaced, but when I started to come across the dubious evidence that people where supporting their arguments with I became firmly convinced that despite the small risks involved the benefits have been significant. I was particularly convinced when I saw vaccine conspiracy advocates defending Dr Wakefield and his non-evidence for a MMR Autism connection. Anyone who bought Wakefields line after viewing the evidence would have to be unable to discuss the subject with reason.

Does this mean I will be rushing out to get non- essential vaccines for myself and my family - no, but I am extremely grateful for those I have had. However I personally have experience of the significant damage that a simple "flu" can deliver to a person because my own son has perminent asthma as a direct consequence of the N1H1 flu. That is certainly not the worst outcome since a significant minority of the young bled out from their lungs from getting that particular flu.

And any crazy can issue a lawsuit against anyone else - its winning it that matters.

Unfortunately in everything you have to exercise wisdom and intelligence in weighing the risks - but that is impossible when people cannot assess the data regarding cost benefit analysis.

Br Cornelius

Edited by Guest

Thanks

WHO CORRUPTION 101

http://www.financial.../2010/0111.html

http://www.currentco...ndex.php?id=850

http://www.livehealt...e-june-25-2012/

The way you lie against vaccines you would think your livelihood depends on people believing they are bad.

Some of these vaccines are necessary and have done a lot of good.Some are really being pushed and are not really worth putting some of the junk that is in it inside a human body.I never get flu vaccines and have been around several others who had it yet never get it myself.Flu vaccines should only be given to the elderly or sick children in my opinion.

See my point?

I do and agree with it.

The trick is knowing when to stop. That trick is called moderation.

Edited by Jinxdom

The way you lie against vaccines you would think your livelihood depends on people believing they are bad.

the flu vaccien this year was 56% effective. I would gues more like 40 to 30 % as some don`t go and get treatment

Edited by The Silver Thong

I do and agree with it.

The trick is knowing when to stop. That trick is called moderation.

Yeap, its time to stop. Time to stop demonizing GM with misconceptions, ignorance, speculations, and baseless CTs.
  • Like 1