Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Monsato = evil, They will be the death of us

OverSword

From the article:

You’re a farmer. Season after season, you watch your fields being taken over by Monsanto superweeds, which are resistant to the herbicide Roundup.

What are you going to do? You’re locked in. You’re buying your GMO seeds from Monsanto, and the food crops that grow from those seeds are supposed to be resistant to Monsanto’s Roundup, so that’s what you spray on your crops.

But the weeds aren’t resistant. They spread and they grow taller. They’re taking over.

So you, along with many, many other US farmers, go to a strategy called “burndown,” which is just as bad as it sounds. You use something a lot stronger than Roundup to kill those weeds: Paraquat, for example, which has been banned in 32 countries.

You drench your fields with it in the fall. You kill anything growing. And you drench the fields again in the spring, before you plant. Then, just as you’re going to plant, you hit the fields a third time with the poison.

This is in addition to all the sprayings with Roundup, which is toxic, too.

Then you harvest the crops and you sell them. And consumers eat the food along with all the poison.

Please read the rest of the article here http://countdowntozerotime.org/2013/02/25/us-farmers-flood-fields-with-dangerous-poison-to-fight-monsanto-superweeds/

• Like 4

Monsanto...aren't those blankety blanks tied in with the codex alimentarius?

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyLI8UVdTzQ[/media]

eta: well it is the stated objective of the powers that be to reduce the world's population to 500 million or so :(

Edited by Gummug
  • Like 4

Yep......they are certainly putting themselves in a position to control many of the crops grown. A case just started last week to check the legality of their patent rights. One to keep an eye on methinks!

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=243271&hl=

• Like 3

I agree with the quote at the start of the article: ' For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow'.

• Like 7

People like Monsanto had there heads chopped off during the French revolution. It would be an appropriate punishment for this scumbag. Publicly of course to deter any future ****s that want to mess with mother nature at the expense of there neighbor.

• Like 3

Monsanto is a cancer on this earth. The widespread corruption means no one is going to do anything about it.

• Like 3

Monsanto is a cancer on this earth. The widespread corruption means no one is going to do anything about it.

However, the science is not.

However, the science is not.

What science are you suggesting. The science of how you can make a plant immune to roundup so you can spray it indiscriminately ?

Edited by AsteroidX
  • Like 2

What science are you suggesting. The science of how you can make a plant immune to roundup so you can spray it indiscriminately ?

Because farmers don't spray chemicals all over their crops anyway to protect them from insects, diseases and animals currently. Because engineering plants to produce high yields in small crop areas is a bad thing?

That's the science I want if you idiots want to keep yourselves in biofuels without bulldozing the whole of the Amazon to make way for cropland. Oh, and BTW, mankind has been tinkering with the genetic makeup of plants for centuries. It's how we've ended up with 200 different kinds of potato.

• Like 1

Derp. And they did it the natural way. Not by altering the genetics and then pushing it on a public untested followed by lawsuits against farmers that got a stiff wind oneday and got there crops crosspollinated by this garbage. Talk about having to bulldoze out your land.

Never mind well just dump the whole lot on NZ and call it good. You can have Monsanto. Because we dont want him in America dont let that stop you from takling his garbage. But TBH we have plenty of farmland and have nothing to do with the Rainforests of Brazil. So might want start topic on that. This ones about Monsanto's lawsuit currently in the USA court system.

• Like 5

I think the answer is gonig to end up being "Hard Work" rather then chemicals. If more farms were small farms, we could still get the same amount of food generated, but there would be a lot more human effort involved and therefore hopefully Quality.

• Like 5

Because farmers don't spray chemicals all over their crops anyway to protect them from insects, diseases and animals currently. Because engineering plants to produce high yields in small crop areas is a bad thing?

That's the science I want if you idiots want to keep yourselves in biofuels without bulldozing the whole of the Amazon to make way for cropland. Oh, and BTW, mankind has been tinkering with the genetic makeup of plants for centuries. It's how we've ended up with 200 different kinds of potato.

You have no clue what you are talking about do you.... Monsanto you know the name in the title of the thread look it up. They are the scum of the earth and yes blow them off the face of the planet. Ok drama but really they suck and will kill your children.

http://www.youtube.c...c.1.WrDjmZCC1rA

Take your pick

Edited by The Silver Thong
  • Like 3

You have no clue what you are talking about do you....

And I assume you do? Read my post again. I didn't say Monsanto weren't the scum of the Earth. But genetic engineering of plants and crops is the future, unless of course you want to starve to death because blights, diseases and insects have destroyed all the year's crops.

Derp.

This is probably the most intelligent thing you have said. Summing up your entire post history in one word. How apt.

And they did it the natural way.

Still genetic engineering. They could achieve the same results by decades of selective breeding as they could altering the genetic makeup in a laboratory.

Never mind well just dump the whole lot on NZ and call it good.

Why not? If it repels rich Chinese businessmen, I'm sure you'd find a willing audience here.

Take your pick.

Ice pick. Someone's head. So may choices.

• Like 1

You want a science that may forever change our food system without the scientific evidence to back it up to show that it is safe and also not contaminate existing strains that are not owned by Monsanto? That really doesn´t seem like good, solid science to me but rather foolish greed.

And is it really necessary to call all people who don´t agree with your POV idiots. I´ve noticed derogatory statements in some of your other posts. Reflects poorly on you IMHO.

Edited by jugoso
  • Like 9

And I assume you do? Read my post again. I didn't say Monsanto weren't the scum of the Earth. But genetic engineering of plants and crops is the future, unless of course you want to starve to death because blights, diseases and insects have destroyed all the year's crops.

Hope your not a farmer because Monsanto will control you in every aspect. They even want organic food made illegal to buy.

• Like 3

Monsanto is killing off native plants for anyone that took a moment to watch the video linked. If your uninformed really why post.

Edited by AsteroidX
  • Like 3

You want a science that may forever change our food system without the scientific evidence to back it up to show that it is safe and also not contaminate existing strains that are not owned by Monsanto?

Genetic engineering of food plants is safe and has been proven to be safe. And why do you have it stuck inside your head that genetic engineering = Monsanto? Yes, they are a company in his field but its not exactly like they exclusively run it.

And is it really necessary to call all people who don´t agree with your POV idiots.

Yes. It's putting them in their place. Reminding them of their inferiority.

I´ve noticed derogatory statements in some of your other posts. Reflects poorly on you IMHO.

I really don't give a flying rat's **** what you think. No one has complained about it and I've had a couple of people even say that they enjoy what I post or they like "my style". If you don't like it, tough. Grow some thicker skin.

Hope your not a farmer because Monsanto will control you in every aspect. They even want organic food made illegal to buy.

They don't even operate in New Zealand and organic food is so expensive here it's cheaper to grow your own. It's not uncommon for people to have vege patches or chicken coops in their yards.

Monsanto is killing off native plants for anyone that took a moment to watch the video linked.

I dislike Youtube videos for one reason: you can get any video you want off there and claim something incredibly stupid and say it is proof. I can find about half a dozen videos on there from people with agendas the same way you can but it doesn't prove anything. Saying you are "informed" because of one single Youtube video is like going to a first aid course and then claiming to know how to perform surgery.

If your uninformed really why post.

Ask yourself that.

• Like 2

Yes. It's putting them in their place. Reminding them of their inferiority.

LMFAO! All hail MichaelW!!

I really don't give a flying rat's **** what you think. No one has complained about it and I've had a couple of people even say that they enjoy what I post or they like "my style". If you don't like it, tough. Grow some thicker skin.

Don´t get me wrong MichaelW. You didn´t hurt my feelings. It was just a suggestion. I find name-calling usually degrades the quality of the discussion and sometimes side-tracks it. But hey, If making derogatory, arrogant comments works for you, then fill yer boots. But given the fact that you don´t give a rat´s **** what I think and because I´m on this board to discuss things rather than listen to members pontificate, i´m not going to bother to respond to your opening comment.

• Like 9

Monsanto should be turned inside out. Like back in the day. To see differently is akin to blindness.

• Like 3

LMFAO! All hail MichaelW!!

Good. Now, sacrifice a goat in my honour. Steal one off one of them Mayans if you have to.

I find name-calling usually degrades the quality of the discussion and sometimes side-tracks it.

This is UM. The quality of discussion was not very lofty in the first place.

But hey, If making derogatory, arrogant comments works for you, then fill yer boots. But given the fact that you don´t give a rat´s **** what I think and because I´m on this board to discuss things rather than listen to members pontificate, i´m not going to bother to respond to your opening comment.

Good. The more people that know when to stop, the better.

Genetically engineered plants have largely been self certificated to be safe by the companies that have invented them. They have not increased yields and they make the whole food supply chain more vunerable to shocks because they reduce the overall genetic diversity of the supply chain. Genetically engineered crops are largely unproven in science as we have almost no broad understanding of the complex multilayered operation of the genetic code. To mess with something which you barely understand in the name of profit is criminally negligent and will inevitably lead to famine at some point in the near future. There maybe a time when genetically engineered crops have a role to play - but that time is certainly not yet and they will have to go through far more rigerous independent testing before it should even be considered.

The simple answer to world hunger is to apply the knowledge of Green Revolution to small scale farms and to increase the diversity of genetic crops such that our production both increases and becomes more resiliant. Heritage crops and small local farmers offer us the best hope for securing an abundent food future. Unfortunately that runds counter to the business model of the large AgroIndustry, so we are going to have to make a choice about whether we look after the interests of large business or our own food security.

Br Cornelius

Monsanto...aren't those blankety blanks tied in with the codex alimentarius?

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyLI8UVdTzQ[/media]

eta: well it is the stated objective of the powers that be to reduce the world's population to 500 million or so :(

I realize I will never have the resources to determine what is safe from what isn't in a timely manner, so as a personal response I've taken the following article to heart in the past year and attempt to follow its advice as closely as I possibly can. I thought I'd pass it onto you because I think you'd appreciate it Gummug. I think the essence of the idea is best described by the quote "consuming food in its most natural state, or as close to it as possible."

http://www.dailystrength.org/health_blogs/carole-carson/article/clean-eating-improving-your-life-one-meal-at-a-time

• Like 1

[/font]

Good. The more people that know when to stop, the better.

Perhaps you should take some of your own advice.

• Like 4