Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Monsato = evil, They will be the death of us

OverSword

Question: am I eating this stuff? As a person who buys all their food from supermarkets, in the UK?

:unsure2:

(please say no)

Ok... no...

Let me ask you: do you eat apples?

Ok... no...

Let me ask you: do you eat apples?

I'm guessing a big fat yes then!

Yes I do :D because I was always told it was healthy... and consuming one per day would keep a primary health care provider away from my immediate environment...

Another thing that gets me riled up is that the EPA goes ballistic over little piddly, inconsequential stuff (imo) and then when it comes to corporations like Monsanto that really are a threat to health and well-being, all of a sudden it seems they (the EPA) become deaf, dumb and blind. :td:

• Like 2

So, in conclusion, if Roundup is made in China, you can eat it :innocent:

You sir, just convinced me to eat poison. Thank you.

What I want to know; are other questions being asked about how GMO products effect the world around it?

It takes a tad bit more then that to convince me something is safe in the long run by just one simple question.

And the difference why Monsato is evil and the college is not, is because of why they were messing with genetics. The University was trying to solve a real world problem and Monsato is trying to compensate for a human behavioral problem(people over spraying their crops).

Edited by Jinxdom

Monsanto is a gang that has power in government. Kill monsanto not your kids

• Like 4

Saying the WHO is corrupt? How retarded do you have to be to believe this?

Given what youve said you probably take into account products you buy that have validity by the WHO to be a definite O.K. . Where there is influence on money. Corruption can easily exist.

• Like 2

Except in this case, it doesn't. So, if you're going to make a bet, show me the money. After all, you are calling an independent, multinational organisation "corrupt".

Where did I say the WHO was corrupt?

I'm guessing a big fat yes then!

Yes I do :D because I was always told it was healthy... and consuming one per day would keep a primary health care provider away from my immediate environment...

Why would you want to eat such nasty fruit? It contains fluoride :w00t:

You sir, just convinced me to eat poison. Thank you.

[...]

Rotenone allowed in organic farming has:

[...] high acute toxicity via the oral and inhalation routes of exposure (Category I) and low acute toxicity via the dermal route of exposure (Category IV).

(bolding mine, link)

[...]

What I want to know; are other questions being asked about how GMO products effect the world around it?

It takes a tad bit more then that to convince me something is safe in the long run by just one simple question.

[....]

And how, for example, salt resistant wheat will affect world around us by cross pollinating with other wheat breeds?

[...]

And the difference why Monsato is evil and the college is not, is because of why they were messing with genetics. The University was trying to solve a real world problem and Monsato is trying to compensate for a human behavioral problem (people over spraying their crops).

Thats bs, more or less. Again, if safety limits are not exceeded its safe, especially that Roundup is less toxic than other chemicals allowed, for example, in organic and conventional farming.

Edit: spelling.

Edited by bmk1245
  • Like 1

Rotenone allowed in organic farming has:

Well this is just opinion and playing semantics I see it as you gave me the information in a humorous format They just did the research :P

And how, for example, salt resistant wheat will affect world around us by cross pollinating with other wheat breeds?:

Don't have any really just asking simply for the sake of discussion. Most of the questions; I have are about glyphosate in general and how it reacts to the world in general on the bacterial level when introduced to different soils over long periods of time. Doesn't really relate to a GMO conversation directly though. Nor would it have anything to do with a normal use of the product. More out of curiosity then some unfounded fear.

I just think that for every GMO that gets made, extra questions need to be asked beforehand and watched for then simply turning it loose. Honestly don't even have a problem with the terminator tech because who knows maybe one day it might be needed. Though i would them to keep their promise to not put it in the seeds that they sell; having money involved does make that tech sound frightening though.

Thats bs, more or less. Again, if safety limits are not exceeded its safe, especially that Roundup is less toxic than other chemicals allowed, for example, in organic and conventional farming.

Most of it is but only because of the combination.... ok I'll give you that evil part. , that was mostly from automation and diarrhea of the keyboard. I used to work at Home Depot, and the customer is always right got drilled in to my head, with a slash of nobody is out to get me, and a dose of people never read the directions. Sounded good though. :P I actually have more complaints about how it's packaged and shipped because I got covered by the stuff quite a bit.(Nothing more then a little skin irritation because I wasn't allowed to go home to change)..... and no I was like this before it happened(Just covering my butt don't want to be turned in to evidence)

From what I read, Monsanto developed the Roundup resistant crops by putting the seeds in round up and then seeing which ones grew. Isn't that more of natural selection, rather then genetic engineering. Or maybe I miss read how this was done.

I'm not saying they are not responsible for the super weeds, but that I don't know that this was GMO.

• Like 1

That is pretty much what they did. My only concern about GMOs is when they start putting parts only found in animals in to plants. Actually nm real world application making plants talk down the line like a bad twilight zone episode. :P I doubt Monsato would actually try to do it. Now as a secret government science project, I could imagine.

super weeds of some sort was bound to happen. How we deal with it, is what I am worried about.Though I'm pretty sure, it's gonna be alright.

Edited by Jinxdom

From what I read, Monsanto developed the Roundup resistant crops by putting the seeds in round up and then seeing which ones grew. Isn't that more of natural selection, rather then genetic engineering. Or maybe I miss read how this was done.

That is so far from the truth. They use a gene smashing gun to impregnate the DNA (which is microbe DNA that is resistant to Roundup) to BLAST the seed DNA thus injecting it randomly into the now roundup immune seed. They then use typical seed harvesting techniques to get the required seed. The process is very far from natural selection and is dangerous as it spilts the genetic material of the original seed. Not to mention what it does as a plant and the maintenance required for it to grow.

• Like 1

That is so far from the truth. They use a gene smashing gun to impregnate the DNA (which is microbe DNA that is resistant to Roundup) to BLAST the seed DNA thus injecting it randomly into the now roundup immune seed. They then use typical seed harvesting techniques to get the required seed. The process is very far from natural selection and is dangerous as it spilts the genetic material of the original seed. Not to mention what it does as a plant and the maintenance required for it to grow.

Ah.... Well I had only just skimmed over their process and thus I did say I might be mistaken.

Interesting....

EDIT: Read up on gene guns and the process to use them... Very interesting. Very basic form of genetic engineering. Not even really engineering, but more like genetic craps dice rolling.

Edited by DieChecker
  • Like 1

From looking around the internet, it seems the more popular concensus is that the superweeds came about by way of natural selection. 99% of the weeds die with application #1, and then 90% with application #5 and 50% with application #100 and 25% with applciation 200.... and so on. This is the fear with the Flu and other unwanted organisms. That what we use to kill them will eventually prove worthless.

The only superweeds that can come about by cross pollination are those that are closely related to the specific crop. So mostly grasses and a few other near-vegetable type weeds.

• Like 1

Where did I say the WHO was corrupt?

WHO is completely corrupt . They're behind forced vaccinations ,and vaccination scare campaigns ,in general.

• Like 1

MonSATANo

Bill Gates = anti Christ .

Bill Gates + MonSATANo = holocaust

MonSATANo

Bill Gates = anti Christ .

Bill Gates + MonSATANo = holocaust

Exaggerate much? Perhaps when you and others stop using hyperbole as an argument strategy, you'll get more of a following.

• Like 1

Exaggerate much? Perhaps when you and others stop using hyperbole as an argument strategy, you'll get more of a following.

I doubt it. He could claim Obama was a secret Illuminati Lizard King and he'd have a following.

WHO is completely corrupt . They're behind forced vaccinations ,and vaccination scare campaigns ,in general.

I don't doubt it. MichaelW stated I claimed they were corrupt where I never claimed or implied such.

The only superweeds that can come about by cross pollination are those that are closely related to the specific crop. So mostly grasses and a few other near-vegetable type weeds.

Weeds are weeds they propagate and GMO weeds are super weeds. Not sure we want to be eating alot of weed salad because thats all thats growing in the roundup soil. And yes duck and cover for Roundup worldwide spray days. But hey Im only staying for a little bit. Its our kids and grandkids that will inherit the earth we leave them. So what the hell..

I doubt it. He could claim Obama was a secret Illuminati Lizard King and he'd have a following.

Why dont you ever flatter me with such innuendos >?

Lets get it on

Edited by AsteroidX
  • Like 1

Weeds are weeds they propagate and GMO weeds are super weeds. Not sure we want to be eating alot of weed salad because thats all thats growing in the roundup soil.

I think that the superweeds are not GMO, as that implies that they were engineered. They are better described as hybrid, I think. Also the Monsanto crops grow just fine in the roundup dirt, it is just that the weeds do too. From what I've read many farmers have gone back to mechanical removal of the weeds rather then hire hand labor, or use more dangerous chemicals.

The FedGov still says that the active ingredient in roundup, Glyphosate, is almost totally harmless to humans. Even studies that were done regarding pregnant women showed little to no toxicity from the food processed from roundup crops. Even studies in Japan and EUROPE have concluded that there is little worry about Glyphosate. Now, if there are other chemicals in there, then that could be another story....

I don't doubt it. MichaelW stated I claimed they were corrupt where I never claimed or implied such.

You''re implying such now and you did then.

Why dont you ever flatter me with such innuendos >?

Because you haven't said anything that was completely and utterly insane yet. Implying that somehow Bill Gates and Monsanto are the same thing is just lunacy. Complaining about the 2nd amendment is just what every other person with an unnatural attachment to firearms does.