Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Monsato = evil, They will be the death of us

OverSword

Scary. Whats most scary is how little these products were tested before been released into the wild, 3months seems to have been specifically selected to not detect the tumours caused by GMO's.

[media=]

[/media]

Br Cornelius

Edited by Guest

I never understood the biology behind why a GMO alone is bad. What is it that makes it so bad? If a gene is altered to make a tomato more resilient to cold and have tough skins what is it that makes it unhealthy?

I never understood the biology behind why a GMO alone is bad. What is it that makes it so bad? If a gene is altered to make a tomato more resilient to cold and have tough skins what is it that makes it unhealthy?

It can produce new and novel metabolic byproducts when it is digested - which can be toxic. The very fact that some of these products have genetically added pesticides which are designed to kill insects directly by injestion should give us pause. Pesticides are generally toxic to all life. We spent thousands of years breeding out such toxins when we developed agriculture so it seems more than a little rash to breed them back in.

Br Cornelius

Scary. Whats most scary is how little these products were tested before been released into the wild, 3months seems to have been specifically selected to not detect the tumours caused by GMO's.

[media=]

[/media]

Br Cornelius

... vewy vewy scawy wabbit wat...

Seralini et al work has many holes as referred by many scientists http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.fct.2012.08.005

It can produce new and novel metabolic byproducts when it is digested - which can be toxic. The very fact that some of these products have genetically added pesticides which are designed to kill insects directly by injestion should give us pause. Pesticides are generally toxic to all life.[...]

How about natural pesticides which serve as natural defences of the plants against pests, fungi? They aren't that benign, and some of them are vewy vewy bad.

[...] We spent thousands of years breeding out such toxins when we developed agriculture so it seems more than a little rash to breed them back in.

[...]

Really? Or was it taste, yield, seed/progeny size?

... vewy vewy scawy wabbit wat...

Seralini et al work has many holes as referred by many scientists http://dx.doi.org/10...fct.2012.08.005

How about natural pesticides which serve as natural defences of the plants against pests, fungi? They aren't that benign, and some of them are vewy vewy bad.

Really? Or was it taste, yield, seed/progeny size?

Our ancestors were well aware of toxic products in domesticated plants and actively bred them out where ever they could. Where they couldn't they developed processes to remove them - many based on fermentation techniques.

I would say that the the paper in question and the criticism of it best illustrates that the long term study of the toxocology of these products has been totally inadequately studied and this represents a significant difficiency in a product which is been consumed by millions of people.

Br Cornelius

Edited by Guest

Our ancestors were well aware of toxic products in domesticated plants and actively bred them out where ever they could.[...]

Can you provide any reputable source for that?

[...] Where they couldn't they developed processes to remove them - many based on fermentation techniques.

[...]

Sauerkraut... Damn good thing, especially in the morning curing effects of hangover...

[...]

I would say that the the paper in question and the criticism of it best illustrates that the long term study of the toxocology of these products has been totally inadequately studied and this represents a significant difficiency in a product which is been consumed by millions of people.

Br Cornelius

As well as millions of animals in farms, and I haven't heard any alarm bells chiming Animal would be susceptible to that too, isn't it? Yet...

And cancer incidence rates in US are improving (in SEER 9 areas from 1996, maxing in 1999, but same trend is seen in US as the whole; if you'll insist, I'll provide that statistics too), despite that US is the most GM consuming country.

I don't say appropriate scrutiny shouldn't be applied to GM, but over hyping isn't "healthy" as well.

:gun: ..........double post...... :gun: Edited by AsteroidX

Burn Monsanto at the stake. I want my food labeled if it has GMO's in it.

Companies like Monsanto and The Hershey Co. contributed to what was eventually a $44 million windfall for "No on Prop 37," while proponents were only able to raise $7.3 million, reports California Watch.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/07/prop-37-defeated-californ_n_2088402.html

• Like 1

Burn Monsanto at the stake. I want my food labeled if it has GMO's in it.

[...]

Burn viciously evil looking potatoes...

I want my organically grown potatoes to be labeled if sprayed with copper sulfate...

And I want organically grown cabbages to be labeled for containing carcinogens, clastogens, and other vewy vewy bad tested/untested stuff...

[/sarcasm off]

Monsanto should had started labeling long time ago - nowadays that issue would be non-issue. That was their mistake from the start.

• 3 weeks later...

Burn viciously evil looking potatoes...

I want my organically grown potatoes to be labeled if sprayed with copper sulfate...

And I want organically grown cabbages to be labeled for containing carcinogens, clastogens, and other vewy vewy bad tested/untested stuff...

[/sarcasm off]

Monsanto should had started labeling long time ago - nowadays that issue would be non-issue. That was their mistake from the start.

Monsanto was the mistake

Monsanto was the mistake

They did mistake in teaching ignoramuses...

But hey, they caused dinosaur extinction, gluing(?) guy on the plus sign, black plague in Europe, witch hunt,... What I did missed? Ah, yes, deportations/killings by bolshevics... JFK, of course...

They did mistake in teaching ignoramuses...

But hey, they caused dinosaur extinction, gluing(?) guy on the plus sign, black plague in Europe, witch hunt,... What I did missed? Ah, yes, deportations/killings by bolshevics... JFK, of course...

What are you, some kind of disinformation agent on monsatos payroll? Your over the top non-fact crap posts aren't even funny.
  • Like 1

What are you, some kind of disinformation agent on monsatos payroll? Your over the top non-fact crap posts aren't even funny.

Nope, I'm CIA thug...

I prefer facts, not emotions. And yeah, sometimes I do post non-fact crap, just to show absurdity of claims.

Edit to add.

Edited by bmk1245

What possible objection could anyone have for clearly labeling a GMO product ?

Is not freedom to choose what we put in our bodies a fundamental human right ?

Why defend a breach of that fundamental right ?

Why offer unlimited endemnity against a "safe" product ?

Is it because no one trusts the corrupt process which has been used to put these products out onto the market and there is corruption at work in denying the information a citizen needs to make a free choice.

Br Cornelius

Edited by Guest