Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

1984, Brave New World, & The Fall of Mankind

prometheuslocke

Ah, the 'Appeal to Quantum Physics' - the latest refuge for the pseudo-scientific.

You're suggesting some completely hypothetical machine that entangles at a distance, keeps the entangled state steady, can transmit information and can repeat this process for millions or billions of people?

You really don't understand quantum physics.

Still love ya Emma.

Harte

• Like 1

Are the schizophrenics back with their quantum-physics-powered mind control satellites?

If you ask me this thread should be reassigned to the conspiracies forum.

Are the schizophrenics back with their quantum-physics-powered mind control satellites?

Maybe....depends who's asking......

It's not about understanding scientific principles. It's not about researching the validity of anything. It's not about the use of common sense, logic or critical thinking. It's about latching on to fringe concepts, throwing in a dash of scientific jargon and baking for 20 minutes or until it's a golden brown. Whether it's plausible or not is irrelevant just as long as it looks and sounds spiffy.

• Like 1

Maybe....depends who's asking......

I'm one of thousands of agents employed by the government who use these satellites to torture random citizens for our own pointless enjoyment. I'm concerned that the public will discover that schizophrenia doesn't really exist.

• Like 1

If they do, you can just use your mind control ray to convince them otherwise, which you've probably already done on me, since I feel certain that schizophrenia actually exists.

Harte

• Like 1

If they do, you can just use your mind control ray to convince them otherwise, which you've probably already done on me, since I feel certain that schizophrenia actually exists.

Unfortunately our mind control abilities are quite limited. All we can do spy on selected people in their homes and harass them by speaking directly into their heads and hearing their thoughts. Also, you need implants so we can't begin our mind control on you before you go to the dentist. Remember it takes thousands of agents and billions of dollars to do this so we have to be very selective of who we harass. We have agents dressed as regular people stalking our victims 24/7. Unfortunately our victims are very observant and can pick our agents out of a crowd even when they look exactly like ordinary people.

We have a policy to only harass people who are insignificant to the general public at the moment but could become great leaders and revolutionary geniuses who will show how to build perpetual motion machines and other disruptive technologies. We also attack those who are in direct communication with God since they will become powerful religious leaders who the government will fear.

That's why we only begin our harassment on people when they're in their teens. That tends to drive them into recreational drug abuse which makes people question their perfectly logical claims of mind control.

• Like 1

OK posters please just look into the light - BLAM

Nothing to see here anymore people, please go about your business.

2im9c8k.png

• Like 1

Popper's experiment and faster-than-light signalling

20px-Ambox_content.png This section's factual accuracy isdisputed. (November 2012)

The expected additional momentum scatter which Popper wrongly attributed to the Copenhagen interpretation can be interpreted as allowing faster-than-light communication, which is thought to be impossible, even inquantum mechanics. Indeed some authors have criticized Popper's experiment based on this impossibility of superluminal communication in quantum mechanics.[27][28] Use of quantum correlations for faster-than-light communication is thought to be flawed because of the no-communication theorem in quantum mechanics. However the theorem is not applicable to this experiment. In this experiment, the "sender" tries to signal 0 and 1 by narrowing the slit, or widening it, thus changing the probability distribution among the "receiver's" detectors. If the no-communication theorem were applicable, then no matter if the sender widens the slit or narrows it, the receiver should see the same probability distribution among his detectors. This is true, regardless of whether the device was used for communication (i.e. sans coincidence circuit), or not (i.e. in coincidence).

Edited by prometheuslocke

20px-Ambox_content.png This section's factual accuracy isdisputed. (November 2012)

The expected additional momentum scatter which Popper wrongly attributed to the Copenhagen interpretation can be interpreted as allowing faster-than-light communication, which is thought to be impossible, even inquantum mechanics. Indeed some authors have criticized Popper's experiment based on this impossibility of superluminal communication in quantum mechanics.[27][28] Use of quantum correlations for faster-than-light communication is thought to be flawed because of the no-communication theorem in quantum mechanics. However the theorem is not applicable to this experiment. In this experiment, the "sender" tries to signal 0 and 1 by narrowing the slit, or widening it, thus changing the probability distribution among the "receiver's" detectors. If the no-communication theorem were applicable, then no matter if the sender widens the slit or narrows it, the receiver should see the same probability distribution among his detectors. This is true, regardless of whether the device was used for communication (i.e. sans coincidence circuit), or not (i.e. in coincidence).

And what do you think this actually means? Please do explain in your own words.

That's it?? That's your come back??

Weak.

blubberous

• 3 weeks later...

prommie, prommie, prommie.....God I so enjoy your treatises on mind-control, I pray Crack-pot Theory Quarterly is paying you well. Okay besides the fact that quantum entanglement lets you view a change in state, it doesn't allow you to affect the state of the item you are seeing. The other issue that you run into is the Uncertainty Principle, since you cannot accurately determine the position, orientation, and momentum of the atoms, quarks, neutrinos that make up the prions and neurons, you cannot interact with them to create the desired effect.

Okay....so let's say you over came the first two problems presented with your quantum entanglement mind control device, the third one, you have is that quantum entanglement is a two-way street. In essence your machine is open to being back hacked from the dreams of your drones, and the only way you can stop the hacking is to disconnect those people from the machine.

• Like 1

I hate distopic novels; my vision of mankind's future is so glorious I don't like being reminded how wrong things could go.

• Like 1