Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Obama's Legacy

Pyridium

There should me no minimum wage at all.

Quite right, why should the government supposedly elected by the people stand up for the people and ensure they get paid enough to pay their bills and feed themselves?

And what would happen if you were forced to raise wages? Business raise prices or they fail.

Businesses'll raise prices anyway, might as well have be because of something positive for their workers for once and not because of "market pressure" or "the changing face of supply and demand in a globalised economy".

Or the larger companies that post large profits can be forced to trickle that down and increase remuneration of low-wage workers...

There always has to be limits. Limits instill discipline. At some point it becomes unsustainable.

no there doesn't has to be limits. I don't care bout your discipline. And unsustainable how? Sure if everything else remained the same then yes. But everything else does NOT remain the same.

There are a few ppl that throw around words like, "bullcrap" and "hogwash" to insult any view that does not comport to their extremely narrow field of vision of reality. I enjoy the way that Ninjadude can take any sentence and come up with something completely different because he has all the answers and everybody else is totally wrong. I read this forum often, and post rarely as I tend to let the socially obsessive and mentally challenged people make fools of themselves. I refuse to get into a fact for fact, you are wrong, I am right, it was his fault, not my fault style of discussions. I talk more from a Macro perspective, not a Micro, trivial way.

When I say that Obama has destroyed the Republicans, I mean that the Democratic press has successfully labeled them as racist, out of touch, morons. The Occupy movement has won, and Obama is their leader. Over 50% of americans are on some kind of govt. dole and Obama is their leader. Obama is the first president that has ignored the country as a whole, and did everything he could to tear down our capitalistic system, redistribute to those that need from those that can provide. According to Obama, we have no debt problem, we have a tax problem. We don't have a spending problem, we have a revenue problem. Oh, by the way, Benghazi was the fault of a video.

You whine about not wanting to get into "facts" and then spew ignorant untruths in the very next paragraph. Occupy has no affiliation with the current government or vice versa. 50% of Americans is BS but the high level is because of the RECESSION. What would you do with the unemployed? Obama is the leader of the entire nation not just 50% of Americans. Obama has not ignored the country - that's rich - nor has he done anything to "tear down captialism". If anything he could be accused of being too much in bed with some of them. Governments can run deficits. It's called deficit spending and had been done many decades. As I said before the government did not "fault the video" but freely admitted mistakes. Had you actually listened. I don't see much "macro" in your spiel but do see a lot of just plain falsehoods.

What I have observed over the years is that every time the minimum wage goes up, the cost of everything else goes up.

But see, it doesn't. Sure the cost of things goes up in inflationary periods and for many reasons. We're not in one of those.

I wasn't talking about instilling discipline on employees or learning the value of a dollar. That stuff is self taught or instilled by upbringing. I'm talking about the need for limits in general when it comes to the economy. If there are to be no limits how about $45 hour minimum wage. Why not?

So if you can't make a million a year it's not worth working at all? if you can't have everything you want it's not worth it? We don't make huge changes to the economy on that scale. It's self defeating. But a minor change to the Minimum Wage is appropriate. It's not a choice between zero and 45$. The limits are why they only want to raise it the paltry amount requested.

he insists that the economy is doing just fine, all we need is more taxes from every job holder.

again these so called facts are BS. He has said no such thing. Even slightly.

btw, Before Obama, a part time minimum wage job was just a stepping stone to gaining higher credit scores, climbing the ladder in the company or adding something important to your resume. EXPERIENCE

Really? when was that again? Because it certainly had zero to do with the current administration. The job market changed some 20 years bud.

So if you can't make a million a year it's not worth working at all? if you can't have everything you want it's not worth it? We don't make huge changes to the economy on that scale. It's self defeating. But a minor change to the Minimum Wage is appropriate. It's not a choice between zero and 45$. The limits are why they only want to raise it the paltry amount requested.

Hey man you're the one who said there should be no limits. Apparently you think there should be. See, I told you.

Its ok. You can remember his legacy anyway you want ND. Just like I will. if we survive the next four years.

• Like 1

You forgot a few items. Obama now has the right to kill, enemies of the state. He also threatening reporters who don't report it the way he wants them too, this is on CNN and Fox News. For those who don't know, enemies of the state are those citizens who speak againstthe goverment. This will not be restricted to the battlefield.

• Like 1

Quite right, why should the government supposedly elected by the people stand up for the people and ensure they get paid enough to pay their bills and feed themselves?

Aren't the evil business owners people too? Shouldn't the government stand up for them also? Minimum wage jobs are starter jobs. There are stepping stones to better employment, not the final goal. Working as a cashier/cook at McDonalds is not supposed to enable you to raise a family. If you apply yourself you can move up to management, which will enable you to raise a family. If you are happy working as a cashier/cook at McDonalds for the rest of your life and desire nothing better for yourself perhaps you shouldn't raise a family.

• Like 3

Aren't the evil business owners people too? Shouldn't the government stand up for them also? Minimum wage jobs are starter jobs. There are stepping stones to better employment, not the final goal. Working as a cashier/cook at McDonalds is not supposed to enable you to raise a family. If you apply yourself you can move up to management, which will enable you to raise a family. If you are happy working as a cashier/cook at McDonalds for the rest of your life and desire nothing better for yourself perhaps you shouldn't raise a family.

The lacol papper here sayed that they wouldn't as many young people. This was when minimum wage went up $7.

If you are happy working as a cashier/cook at McDonalds for the rest of your life and desire nothing better for yourself perhaps you shouldn't raise a family.

Well said!

But see, it doesn't. Sure the cost of things goes up in inflationary periods and for many reasons. We're not in one of those.

What do you think causes inflation, it is the price of things going up. Such s employmet costs ad higher taxes. Remember most rich people don't do anything here they can't make more money. So with that in mind ask yourself why Bill Gates amongst others wants taxes to go up.

Hey, ninjadude, try using at least a few brain cells and quit attacking posters and address the post! What do you see as Obama's legacy up to this point in time. Give me your version of what history will have to say.

Hey man you're the one who said there should be no limits. Apparently you think there should be. See, I told you.

you did. There are limits in short time periods not over the long term.

You forgot a few items. Obama now has the right to kill, enemies of the state. He also threatening reporters who don't report it the way he wants them too, this is on CNN and Fox News. For those who don't know, enemies of the state are those citizens who speak againstthe goverment. This will not be restricted to the battlefield.

Daniel !! Long time no see. Really. :st

You're right about what you posted as well. Although I suspect it has been available to presidents since 1776.

What do you think causes inflation, it is the price of things going up. Such s employmet costs ad higher taxes.

we currently has such low inflation and taxes, that is not a problem. A little increase in the min wage will not have a huge impact.

address the post! What do you see as Obama's legacy up to this point in time. Give me your version of what history will have to say.

hmmm. I'd say The Affordable Care Act. Stimulus of green energy companies. Keeping the country afloat during the worst economic recession since the Great Depression. Drones. Getting out of the decade wars. Libya. Benghazi. Insane Republicans. Much different style than Bush. Mass appeal to a much younger and diverse demographic. Illegal immigration handled. OBL gotten. other stuff.

so far

we currently has such low inflation and taxes, that is not a problem. A little increase in the min wage will not have a huge impact.

We have such low inflation because of the so called bush tax cuts. But Obama isn't happy with just one tax increase he wants a second one. You do know if minimum wages go up, those making that will to pay more taxes.

• Like 1

Inflation is the increase in the cost of goods or service. If anything I would say that we had low inflation because of the recession not the bush tax cuts.

If the purpose of this thread is to talk about the most terrible thing that Obama did or his "legacy", I would have to agree with you Danie on the whole using drones to kill Americans without a trial thing.

So, Obama's Legacy seems to be the extension of the Unitary Executive notion. :td:

• Like 1