Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Maldives girl to get 100 lashes

Commander CMG

A 15-year-old rape victim has been sentenced to 100 lashes for engaging in premarital sex, court officials said.

The charges against the girl were brought against her last year after police investigated accusations that her stepfather had raped her and killed their baby. He is still to face trial.

Prosecutors said her conviction did not relate to the rape case.

Amnesty International condemned the punishment as "cruel, degrading and inhumane".

The government said it did not agree with the punishment and that it would look into changing the law.

Read More

tumblr_mao1i2bCMC1r4vkn5.gif

im really happy i live in canada this is just crazy, what a sad world we live in.

Edited by Iron_Lotus
  • Like 3

So what was this sexual act she allegedly willingly committed? If they aren't willing to say, then I believe it has everything to do with the rape. Especially since at the end of the article it is stated that another girl was sentenced to lashes after being sexually abused.

• Like 1

tumblr_mao1i2bCMC1r4vkn5.gif

im really happy i live in canada this is just crazy, what a sad world we live in.

Spock_2267.jpg

'There appears to be no intelligent life forms on Maldives, Captain.'

• Like 3

100 lashes? With a whip? Wouldn't that kill her?

Sharia law doesn't care. Women, as well as "infidels", are less than nothing to them.

Makes me puke

Edited by pallidin
  • Like 4

100 lashes? With a whip? Wouldn't that kill her?

People have died from as few as 30.
  • Like 2

Your raped and abused but your the one punished. I think the lawmakers should be horse whipped and I'm the woman to do it. One of those men wouldn't last a day with me.

• Like 2

I feel sick inside knowing there are men out there who think this way about women, I cannot comprehend it.

Edit to add: The Maldives has long been vaunted as a beautiful tourist and especially honeymoon destination, I've just added it to my "they will not get one cent from me" list. :td:

Edited by libstaK
  • Like 4

UN-FREAKIN-BELIEVABLE.

I'd rather die than live so oppressed but then the women born and raised there, that's all they know...they probably think it's normal to be treated as property, less than human.

My heart aches for the young girl...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Um where is this imaginary "rape"?

Sounds more like consensual sex to me. So punish both or neither.

Ahem.

Her stepfather was accused of raping her and impregnating her before killing the baby. The girl's mother also faces charges for failing to report the abuse to the authorities.

Very sad that this still happens in todays world. I feel bad for her she did nothing wrong he father should be shot

Um where is this imaginary "rape"?

Sounds more like consensual sex to me. So punish both or neither.

Sounds like you're a troll who can't read. It's in the damn article.