Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Billionaire to Rebuild the 'Titanic!

Yamato

The Irony of the New Titanic being destroyed by an Iceberg and i will lmao.

Edited by stevemagegod
  • Like 1

I only had to look up to see this sitting on my DVD shelf... Bright Eyes ;)

That song is why I'm incredibly sad all the time when it's on.

It's nothing it to do with a load of animated rabbits if you want to be perfectly blunt.

However Bright Eyes does indeed play on your sympathy.

• Like 1

I'm amazed that so many people are against this. I think it is great. Sure I'd rather see him use someone other than China to build it, but that's his choice.

Someone even said that he's trying to re-create the movie. That's stupid. He's re-creating the ship. I wish I had a billion $$ to build whatever I want. I can't wait to see it.

I'm amazed that so many people are against this. I think it is great. Sure I'd rather see him use someone other than China to build it, but that's his choice.

Someone even said that he's trying to re-create the movie. That's stupid. He's re-creating the ship. I wish I had a billion $$ to build whatever I want. I can't wait to see it.

don't get me wrong, I'd love to see cruise ships go back to looking like proper ships; I'd love to see the Normandie or Queen Mary (I) sailing the ocnas again, but I'm afraid everything about this project does shout "tacky". he's said himself that his main reason for doing it is to recreate the cheesy "king of the world" moment. And of course, he wouldn't possibly be able to completely recreate every single thing about the Titanic; would he use quadruple expansion reciprocating engines? And that's to say nothing of the whole question of taste; perhaps when things go out of living memory people aren't so worried about that any more. Perhaps that went out of the window when James Cameron made millions out of the deaths of 1,502 people. who can say.

I am going to laugh if it get hit with an iceburg thought I hope the lifeboats aren't less than the number of people on bord. Looking at you Ismay.

don't get me wrong, I'd love to see cruise ships go back to looking like proper ships; I'd love to see the Normandie or Queen Mary (I) sailing the ocnas again, but I'm afraid everything about this project does shout "tacky". he's said himself that his main reason for doing it is to recreate the cheesy "king of the world" moment. And of course, he wouldn't possibly be able to completely recreate every single thing about the Titanic; would he use quadruple expansion reciprocating engines? And that's to say nothing of the whole question of taste; perhaps when things go out of living memory people aren't so worried about that any more. Perhaps that went out of the window when James Cameron made millions out of the deaths of 1,502 people. who can say.

I still don't understand. He's building a replica. Nothing wrong with that. I don't think it is in bad taste either. That ship has sailed :tsu: .

Did he really say that the MAIN reson was so he could do the "king of the world" thing. I suppose it is something he thought about. I'm sure if I was that rich and built a ship like the Titanic, I would end up at the front of it as well.

I do agree with you on the style. One reason I like this is because it will put a brand new 1900's era ship on the water. Be cool to see sailing by.

why would you do such a thing , i hope you that the Titanic will be comming back down muwahhahahah

Titanic-The ship of dreams!

With Made in China stamped on the bottom.

Forgive me if I feel it lacks the prestigious, money no object Liner that was built and furnished with the finest materials (bar the rivets maybe) by Harland and Wolf for White Star.

• Like 2

That's awesome and great fun news.let's just make sure it don't hit an iceberg this time and. its more than well built and has more than enough lifeboats and etc to escape just in case.also a little bigger and luxurious than the old Titanic as well.another great amazing idea would be making run on solar power and water power and air power.natural resources.

as an eccentric billionaire who hates to be 2nd best,

i'm off to the arctic to start work on a replica iceberg....

• Like 2

Ah, the elitist mentality that we are invincible sank the Titanic. The iceberg incident is not likely to reoccur due to global warming. But, that elitist mentality of invincibility that caused the tragedy is the same thinking that puts us in the same boat environmentally at this time. One has to wonder if that same mindset will sink our environmental boat in the not to distant future. Are we smart enough to avert tragedy this time around?

Ah, the elitist mentality that we are invincible sank the Titanic. The iceberg incident is not likely to reoccur due to global warming. But, that elitist mentality of invincibility that caused the tragedy is the same thinking that puts us in the same boat environmentally at this time. One has to wonder if that same mindset will sink our environmental boat in the not to distant future. Are we smart enough to avert tragedy this time around?

We do not have a say in it, its the Chinese. Now if the Titanic is built to the same quality as the other tat we get from them, I doubt it will make it past Mr Wong Tonks fish and chip shop on the harbour.

God Himself could not sink this ship

That being said would a coal powered ship be allowed to sail these days ? I mean with all the EPA stuff ?

If it has enough lifeboats it wont be a true replica

Edited by AsteroidX

PLEASE... nobody say "God himself could not sink this ship."

Which no one, least of all the White Star Line or Harland & Wolff, ever did actually say.

PLEASE... nobody say "God himself could not sink this ship."

I am sure to some he sank the last one, surely it was him/her/it who made the iceberg.

I remember when the tsunami hit Thailand and many of the people were saying it was god who made it happen.

I am sure to some he sank the last one, surely it was him/her/it who made the iceberg.

I remember when the tsunami hit Thailand and many of the people were saying it was god who made it happen.

Unfortunately it is still used by some as a way to explain away disasters... Blame it on the one you worship.

Edited by Junior Chubb
  • Like 1

It will be equipped with modern equipment. It'll just look like the Titannic.

• 2 weeks later...

ıt cannot be the same vessel..

Internatıonal Maritime Rules are changed a lot of times,safety rules,construction rules,communication equipment etc must be applied.

it looks like titanic but not exactly same.

Personally I'm looking forward to buying a ticket for 3rd class. I've been thinking that if she does go down I'll run to the kitchens, cover myself in dripping (cooked fat) to insulate myself. Then jump on the nearest floating fat person whil" blowing my whistle to attract attention. " I wonder if that would gave saved anyone back then? Apparently a lot drowned as the cold forced them to take a breath ubderwater

as an eccentric billionaire who hates to be 2nd best,

i'm off to the arctic to start work on a replica iceberg....

So your going to sculpt exactly the same iceberg?Good luck with that!Because there's a certain lack of availability.You also need to go off the original photograph.But you can't exactly see if it's before or after when it struck the Titanic.Let's hope for your benefit it's before.Because I would hate for you to figure out where the chipped ice falls into place.However you could always teleport the original iceberg into the 21st Century.But if you did that there won't be a tragedy in 1912 and no Chinese guy to replicate it.Then you are left with an iceberg going for a song.Besides it if wasn't for the Titanic Dirk Pitt wouldn't have made his name.But what type of sick person would do it anyway?

Edited by G Donnelly

• 3 weeks later...

It is a publicity stunt. Nothing to see here, move on.

It is a publicity stunt. Nothing to see here, move on.

Do you mean he is not going to build it?

This seems to be the latest about it.. http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/opinion/news-analysis/tycoons-titanic-sails-beyond-the-fateful-maiden-voyage-29164288.html

The more you read, the tawdrier it all seems.