Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

living in a "matrix" created by aliens?

cityboi

We've all seen the movie "The Matrix" where Neo finds out that reality is nothing more than a computer program. There is a similar concept with the holodeck on Star Trek. But what if everything we touch and see is not real? What if our reality is nothing but an illusion created by an extraterrestrial race? Could we really be living in a simulated reality that serves as a distraction? It has been said that facts about the UFO phenomena have been leaked in the movies and tv shows. Did Gene Roddenberry, creator of Star Trek know something? Of all the Star Trek episodes, there is only one that shows a "grey alien" The episode is called "Future Imperfect" Commander Riker beams down to a planet and he is exposed to gas which causes him to pass out. When he wakes up its 16 years later and he is Captain of the Enterprise. Pickard is now an ambassador. It turned he was in an elaborate hologram reality created by the little alien grey. It's interesting that this particular episode is the only one of all the Star Treks that depicts a grey alien.

"Barash" on Star Trek

320x240.jpg

Are We Living Inside a Computer Simulation?

http://news.discover...on-2-121216.htm

Edited by cityboi

There is a similar topic here in Spirituality, Religion and Beliefs. It's an interesting subject to think about.

i don't think aliens could have tech like that.. there's bound to be glitches and other things like that no one is perfect no matter how adanced..

Another thought. Why would Aliens create a universe like this one? What would be its purpose? Punishment for intelligently evolved life-forms? lol

In my Zarkor and Zerak Alien fiction, the evil Vulgarians created our universe in one of their laboratories out of childish spite.

way to much info/feelings/scenerios/outcomes to be plausable, i reckon the matrix and similar sci fi toned movies are epic, although in terms of reality they bogus, great concept but unprovable unrealistic reality

This is a philosophical question. You can not prove or disprove the claim that we are living in the Matrix, But if we do.... what difference would it make in your life? None, of course.

Or do want to wait for Neo to come and rescue you?

:-*

• Like 1

i don't think aliens could have tech like that.. there's bound to be glitches and other things like that no one is perfect no matter how adanced..

Are you saying our world is perfect? Gee... you could have fooled me.

What if our reality is nothing but an illusion created by an extraterrestrial race?

Then why would they need to supposedly zip around our skies to observe us when they are actually controlling our reality? This is just ridiculous. Sorry.

We've all seen the movie "The Matrix" where Neo finds out that reality is nothing more than a computer program. There is a similar concept with the holodeck on Star Trek. But what if everything we touch and see is not real? What if our reality is nothing but an illusion created by an extraterrestrial race? Could we really be living in a simulated reality that serves as a distraction? It has been said that facts about the UFO phenomena have been leaked in the movies and tv shows. Did Gene Roddenberry, creator of Star Trek know something? Of all the Star Trek episodes, there is only one that shows a "grey alien" The episode is called "Future Imperfect" Commander Riker beams down to a planet and he is exposed to gas which causes him to pass out. When he wakes up its 16 years later and he is Captain of the Enterprise. Pickard is now an ambassador. It turned he was in an elaborate hologram reality created by the little alien grey. It's interesting that this particular episode is the only one of all the Star Treks that depicts a grey alien.

"Barash" on Star Trek

320x240.jpg

I think you're watching too much Star Trek. But I can totally see the appeal of such an existence for some folks.

But, no, this is life. We live it and make our own choices and decisions. There's no magical fairy realm after we die and there are no do-overs.

Are you saying our world is perfect? Gee... you could have fooled me.

No i'm not saying we're living in a perfect world im saying IF they did create a matrix reality we would be bound to run across glitches like the moon comin in and out of existance *snip*

Edited by Saru
Removed personal attack

Im just waiting for the crash,then they will have to come down and replace the Hard Drives. Or Bettter yet ,Maybe they will give us all Earth 3.0 ?

I don't know, Ive always wondered why UFOs and the extrateresrrial presence is so secret.....maybe it has to do with the nature of our existance.

• Like 1

Or perhaps there aren't Aliens on Earth?

• Like 1

This is a philosophical question. You can not prove or disprove the claim that we are living in the Matrix, But if we do.... what difference would it make in your life? None, of course.

I think we conceivably could find ways to discern the difference -- assuming there are "glitches" in the simulation that we discover. Not dissimilar to discerning whether we live in Euclidean space or some other geometry.

What difference would it make? I think it would make a huge psychological difference, and probably effect a lot of people's eschatology.

Or perhaps there aren't Aliens on Earth?

That seems the most likely explanation. Assuming they are being secretive requires all sorts of rationalizations as to why and how.

I read somewhere (IDK where) that if there was any possibility that we could create such an elaborate simulation then we would also most likely already be a part of it but not ever know.

"Barash" on Star Trek

320x240.jpg

Errr.....no.