Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Still Waters

Helicopter blows deer on frozen lake to shore

3 posts in this topic

A helicopter came to the rescue of a deer stuck on a frozen lake in Canada by using the wind from the rotor blades to blow the stricken animal across the ice to safety.

http://www.telegraph...ing-rescue.html

Heartwarming, yet slightly amusing. However, at the end of the video it looks as though she stumbled a bit even on land so I wonder if her hind legs were injured or if they were simply that cold from being on the ice.

I wonder if it really was alright after the ordeal. I saw a similar story in the news a few weeks back and the deer had to be destroyed after they got it safely from the ice because of the damage to its legs, slipping and sliding in different directions and multiple breaks. Even at the end of the video it’s rear end seemed to collapse several times as it tried to run.

I do hope it was, OK.

Hats off to the pilot, and I was thinking exactly what he said in the report. “I don't know if it understands we're trying to help or, I don't know what's going through its mind,” the poor creature must be terrified with the sounds of the rotor blades, but I guess it’s only for a few minutes and it is the outcome what is important.