Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Loophole lets banned meat into UK sausages

Still Waters

The BBC has learned that European meat suppliers are using a loophole in the law to sell a banned low quality material to UK sausage makers.

Emails indicate that suppliers are selling a form of mechanically recovered residue under different names so that it can be legally termed meat in Britain.

One of the UK's biggest sausage suppliers admitted that some of this meat is in their products but where used it is always declared.

Another manufacturer told the BBC he believes the product is being widely used in Britain.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...onment-21530861

There must be some error here. According to my researches, there is no meat in UK Sausages.

• Like 8

There must be some error here. According to my researches, there is no meat in UK Sausages.

Let's face it,you can't obtain meat anymore unless you go out and shoot it your self.Processed meat and reformed meat masquarade as the real thing and all under the carpet and con us into believing it is to please the Consumer.

• Like 2

So that's why I got the trots after eating sausages from the microwave that time!

• Like 1

Soylent Green............I'll say no more ;)

• Like 1

You are what you eat.

Isn't it amazing how these loopholes can be found.

• Like 1

Butcher's square sausages! Good bit of meat on them.

Sausages were always low quality meat, wasn't that the idea of them to use up the left overs and offal?

In a time when food prices are soaring they decide to bring laws to cause more food wastage. You could always buy better quality sausages made of better cuts and they were priced accordingly.

Sausages were always low quality meat, wasn't that the idea of them to use up the left overs and offal?

In a time when food prices are soaring they decide to bring laws to cause more food wastage. You could always buy better quality sausages made of better cuts and they were priced accordingly.

"Let the plebs eat any old crap"?

I really need to get this out of my system because I'll explode if I don't...

Because I wanted a quick snack for my supper I did indeed put sausages in the microwave.

The next day I felt really rough but instead of phoning in sick I decided to take the risk.

I was just thinking of my future references because I didn't want a black mark against my name.

So that's what I did but instead of my bosses giving me an easy ride they decided to give me a hard task.

I wanted to see how it would pan out after a couple of hours so I told them I was feeling crook.

I was frankly shocked by their lack of compassion but they were of the thinking I shouldn't have even turned up.

So I persisted for quite a few hours of agony until it was time to clock out.

By that time I didn't even know where I was.

Looking back it was patently obvious I was suffering from a bout of food poisoning.

But at the time I honestly thought I had a pork tapeworm in my gut.

The real reason was out of date sausages and incorrect cooking procedures.

Edited by Medium Brown