Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Are Jihadists damaging Islam's reputation?

ali smack

Do you think that Islam's reputation is being damaged by Jihadists?

Do you think a lot of people look at Muslims and Islam in a negative light?

I don't because I understand most Muslims are decent, law abiding citizens.

• Like 4

Well, they do tend to give the impression of Islam being entirely a bunch of deranged fanatics, usually with unnecessarily large beards, whose sole desire is to impose sharia law on the whole world, so arguably they do, if, that is, that isn't typical of Islam as a whole. I suppose it's rather like how Bible Belt Bible Bashers give a perhaps not always 100% accurate image of Christianity.

• Like 2

I do like your last sentence but ...

Wow

Is this a trick question?

Edited by Dan'O

Yes according to the majority of brainless Daily Fail readers all Muslims are bad.

But anyone with more than 2 brian cells knows that there is a difference between a Muslim and a Muslim Extremist.

In the same way ther eis a difference between a Christian/Christian Extremist and a Jew/Jew Extremist etc.

The religion is never the problem, it's the people who chose to abuse it. That goes for all the people who abuse all the different religions.

Edited by Coffey
  • Like 6

I think it is not just Jihadists that tend to give Islam a bad reputation. I know a few who are Muslim in name only, and are generally embarrassed but afraid to be open with other Muslims. For the most part, at least in Asia, those who take their religion seriously are really arrogant about it.

• Like 1

They have done a lot of damage. yes, there are good muslims too, but we can not really today compare Islamic extremists to christian extremist....there are no countries were the christians are killing each other in their own country because of the divides in their religion.

We have had and still do have the radical muslims in England doing their bit to cause tension, IMO not enough good muslims stood up to defend islam against them.

• Like 3

I think it is not just Jihadists that tend to give Islam a bad reputation.

I agree. As an example...When riots erupted across dozens of countries because of a stupid unknown youtube video that, for some strange reason, was promoted by idiots in the WH it does paint a negative light and does promote a reputation that is not too positive. But, there are still good people everywhere...

Yes according to the majority of brainless Daily Fail readers all Muslims are bad.

But anyone with more than 2 brian cells knows that there is a difference between a Muslim and a Muslim Extremist.

In the same way ther eis a difference between a Christian/Christian Extremist and a Jew/Jew Extremist etc.

The religion is never the problem, it's the people who chose to abuse it. That goes for all the people who abuse all the different religions.

Agreed to everything you wrote. I'm glad there are people, who actually do think like this :)
  • Like 4

I recently was reading something that I haven't finished, or , that i haven't gotten into to deeply , I think I don't really care to , but would just like to figure a few things out for myself.

Anyway , what I was reading about was how the Catholic church created Islam. There may be some truth somewhere in how Islam was established, but as for it's reputation, I don't think a particular religion should represnt anyone, but that each individual should be judged on their own individual choices and actions in life .

I don't get how anyone can catorgorize indidviduals by means of being "good" by standards of a particualr religion they choose to be( or maybe forced into in some countries or whatever) . Each religious establishment have sinned fiercly against whom we call GOD..

Edited by Reann
  • Like 1

They have done a lot of damage. yes, there are good muslims too, but we can not really today compare Islamic extremists to christian extremist....there are no countries were the christians are killing each other in their own country because of the divides in their religion.

... Northern Ireland, between the late 60s and... well, whenever, perhaps?

• Like 8

All Muslims will be Jihadists if (or when) their Imams order them to be Jihadists!

• Like 5

The Muslim religion is worse than most. Even if they aren't blowing someone or something up they treat women really badly, cheat on your husband and he has the right to kill you. If you say something against Islam you might find yourself without a head. I think moderate Muslim's, if there are any, are afraid to say anything because they could be killed for it or at least imprisoned. That's what happens when you have religious law for your countries law. Christians don't do this.

• Like 6

All Muslims will be Jihadists if (or when) their Imams order them to be Jihadists!

I do think that when it comes down to the end game , and if you would speak to a muslim , you sort of get the impression that they will do whatever it takes because they are so freaking brainwashed into thinking that they are right .

I personally love Christ, but , I have a different perspective of who and what Christ means to me, maybe I have discovered this Christ by means of the Christians but it goes deeper than a religion, actually , religion is in my mind to be utilized as a learning place , not a place to depend on for ones own growth spiritually, that we have to depend on ourselves.

• Like 4

http://www.****************.com/quran/023-violence.htm

I believe the Jihadis are the only Muslims who practice a "pure" form of the faith - that is, they obey the example provided by the prophet. The vast majority of modern Muslims understand the immorality of what their scriptures call them to do and they refrain, concentrating on those verses that call them to do what most humans find pleasing - being loving and kind to friends and strangers alike. But there is no doubt that the Qur'an - in unmistakable language - calls on the devout in over a hundred verses to commit extreme violence against non believers and to show no mercy to enemies. The instances in the O.T. Bible where similar acts are recorded are specific to time and location, they are not open ended commandments that have no "expiration" date. The exhortation that "the final day will not come until the Muslims fight the Jews and kill them" is as valid today as it was 1400 years ago. The greatest falsehood regarding Islam and the chief mistake of those who feel the need to defend it is that they think of it ONLY as a religion and it has never been thus. From Muhammad's time until today it has always been a religious POLITICAL system of meaning. It is about conquest and subjugation of any who do not agree with it. This is a fact. I believe the Biblical scriptures concerning the last days paint a very clear picture of a global war that consumes 1/3 of humanity and this current conflict will be the catalyst for that war. It is a war that is based on whose god is greatest. Christians and Jews and most every other flavor out there give an invitation to join. Qur'anic invitations come with the threat of force if one refuses. Those who predominate as peaceful and loving adherents of Islam are also afraid of the Jihadis and they seem to be conflicted and perhaps ashamed of themselves because they KNOW that the truest reading of the books of their religion are unmistakable in their instruction. And they do not keep all these things sacred. They therefore will not stand up against the savages among their ranks. This conflict is going to be the end of the current age of the world. Human government will not survive it and BILLIONS of souls will perish because of it.

• Like 4

This is a joke, isn't it?

• Like 2

This is a joke, isn't it?

And that phrase will be the world's downfall!

• Like 3

The Muslim religion is worse than most. Even if they aren't blowing someone or something up they treat women really badly, cheat on your husband and he has the right to kill you. If you say something against Islam you might find yourself without a head. I think moderate Muslim's, if there are any, are afraid to say anything because they could be killed for it or at least imprisoned. That's what happens when you have religious law for your countries law. Christians don't do this.

Actually, the Torah and Old Testament are much the same. The difference is that most Jews and Christians have now modernised. Something that will need to happen with Islam before it implodes.

• Like 2

Comming from an extremist point of view, then yes.

Pure BS.

Muslim extremists are damaging islam. Jihad is not about killing someone else but it means strugle for something. It well can be extremism but also to be forgiving, good, a better person towards other religions...etc.

After the fall of soviet union there was a movement to make islam the enemy number one but it failed. It almost worked but it failed. Putin is coming back to balance the power. You might think what is odas talking about, but anyone with, as coffey said, more then two braincells will understand.

Of course there will still be muslim extremists, paid or volunteers, to keep the world in fear BUT it is not islam or muslims as a whole. Just think for a second. If all muslims were extremists how many christians or jews would have been killed in the west by the muslims among us?

A billion and a half times one suicide each times lets say two non muslim casulties. Come one ppl.

Use your braines.

• Like 1

http://www.thereligi...23-violence.htm

I believe the Jihadis are the only Muslims who practice a "pure" form of the faith - that is, they obey the example provided by the prophet. The vast majority of modern Muslims understand the immorality of what their scriptures call them to do and they refrain, concentrating on those verses that call them to do what most humans find pleasing - being loving and kind to friends and strangers alike. But there is no doubt that the Qur'an - in unmistakable language - calls on the devout in over a hundred verses to commit extreme violence against non believers and to show no mercy to enemies. The instances in the O.T. Bible where similar acts are recorded are specific to time and location, they are not open ended commandments that have no "expiration" date. The exhortation that "the final day will not come until the Muslims fight the Jews and kill them" is as valid today as it was 1400 years ago. The greatest falsehood regarding Islam and the chief mistake of those who feel the need to defend it is that they think of it ONLY as a religion and it has never been thus. From Muhammad's time until today it has always been a religious POLITICAL system of meaning. It is about conquest and subjugation of any who do not agree with it. This is a fact. I believe the Biblical scriptures concerning the last days paint a very clear picture of a global war that consumes 1/3 of humanity and this current conflict will be the catalyst for that war. It is a war that is based on whose god is greatest. Christians and Jews and most every other flavor out there give an invitation to join. Qur'anic invitations come with the threat of force if one refuses. Those who predominate as peaceful and loving adherents of Islam are also afraid of the Jihadis and they seem to be conflicted and perhaps ashamed of themselves because they KNOW that the truest reading of the books of their religion are unmistakable in their instruction. And they do not keep all these things sacred. They therefore will not stand up against the savages among their ranks. This conflict is going to be the end of the current age of the world. Human government will not survive it and BILLIONS of souls will perish because of it.

Yeah. It's sort like the Bible in a way I suppose, many things in it i clearly can sense are not of God and most true Christians know this in their own hearts and mind as well.

It's as simple as comparing what you know deep down in your heart to be right , and , what you know deep down in your heart to be wrong.There you find God always , you know.

Oh they're trying to make it the law of the land.

• Like 1

... Northern Ireland, between the late 60s and... well, whenever, perhaps?

Yep, have experienced that.

snapback.pngealdwita, on 01 March 2013 - 04:08 PM, said:

i am agreeing with this. If this is not the case, then why are there areas of "good muslims" asking for sharia law to be introduced?

Why are "good muslims" insisting on their own schools and teachers and not willing to integrate with the western culture?

Yes, yes, we know, its not all of them, but as time goes by, it seems to be getter more of them want this here, not LESS.

• Like 3

I wonder how many other countries besides America support the muslim brotherhood in Egypt financially? Oh wait, America placed the muslim brotherhood in charge of Egypt , hmm... knowing what they believe and all, why would they do that? must of been an oversight or something.

• Like 1

Christians don't do this.

Christians in Africa rape women, torture them, cut off their sexual parts and take children and turn them into ruthless killing machines to then carry on with the rape and torture....

It does happen.

I've met Muslims who are much nicer than a lot of Christians I've met.

Most religions have idiots and extremists.

Christianity was used as an excuse by the Church of England to go on a massive plague like war throughout Europe and the Middle East etc. lol

As I said, it's not the religion, it's the people who abuse it.

I wonder how many other countries besides America support the muslim brotherhood in Egypt financially? Oh wait, America placed the muslim brotherhood in charge of Egypt , hmm... knowing what they believe and all, why would they do that? must of been an oversight or something.

Because the elite make a lot of money from the world being divided. Same with libya and syria. Supporting terrorists there to get what thye want. Again all the way back to the CIA arming, trianing and creating Al Qeada to fight the russians. Then when it comes back to bite them on the rear they have another excuse to make more money in another pathetic war. While we all just sit here and accept it, blinded by the medias propaganda and BS.

Edited by Coffey
  • Like 5

Comming from an extremist point of view, then yes.

Pure BS.

Muslim extremists are damaging islam. Jihad is not about killing someone else but it means strugle for something. It well can be extremism but also to be forgiving, good, a better person towards other religions...etc.

After the fall of soviet union there was a movement to make islam the enemy number one but it failed. It almost worked but it failed. Putin is coming back to balance the power. You might think what is odas talking about, but anyone with, as coffey said, more then two braincells will understand.

Of course there will still be muslim extremists, paid or volunteers, to keep the world in fear BUT it is not islam or muslims as a whole. Just think for a second. If all muslims were extremists how many christians or jews would have been killed in the west by the muslims among us?

A billion and a half times one suicide each times lets say two non muslim casulties. Come one ppl.

Use your braines.

Thats all fine, so next time the extremists want to rant or shout about islam, lets see the 'good muslims' bring them down instead of standing back and saying, yeah but we are not all like that!

Lets hear the 'good muslim' say that they do not want to see sharia law enforced anywhere in a western country, lets see them send their children to a western school and let English be their first language.

Lets see them say they are against the extremists NOT in the name of islam but in the name of peace!!

• Like 3

All the Abrahamic religions are pretty much the same to me. Y'all take your little books much too seriously if you ask me.

• Like 3