Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Goldenmire Tapes

Middleman1990

I live in Adamstown, Pennsylvania. It's a very small town with something like only 1,500 residents living in it. I wasn't born here but I grew up in this town and lived here most of my life. Now like with any small town, it has its share of local legends and myths. However one local legend caught my eye and has never left my sight. It is the Goldenmire legend. Legend goes that in the late 80's and early 90's The Goldenmire family moved into Adamstown. They had four kids, three boys and one girl. They seemed like a well rounded family and were, for the most part, pretty normal. My parents say that they never knew them personally but they were familiar with the name and had nothing really bad to say about them. However around the time I was born (which was January, 1995) they all died. The authorities say it was a Homicide-Suicide type deal. Apparently the parents of the children snapped one day and killed them and soon after killed them selves. Rumors started circulating that the parents were driven insane not by their children but by the house it's self. People started to say that the house was possessed by the devil and all that crazy stuff. Their rational was "How on earth can respectful and loving parents like the Goldenmire's do such a thing?" and who can blame them, right? I've passed by the Goldenmire home countless number of times but never stepped foot in it. Some of my friends have and said that it was indeed haunted but I never really believed them. It was most likely their mind playing tricks on them. After hearing all those rumors and stories, of course you're going to get freaked out when you finally enter that house.

However a little part of me wanted to believe that the house really was haunted. Well I think I finally found my chance to see if it is or not. Again these are just rumors but people are saying that when the police were emptying out the house for evidence, they confiscated a collection of home videos. Again just rumors but people are saying that the department lost the home videos. Why is this such a big deal? Apparently the home videos have some pretty grizzly stuff on them, along with real evidence of the paranormal. I have asked around for the videos but no one really wants to say anything. I can't find them online. I guess whoever has them is to afraid to put them up online. I guess they think that they might go to jail or something. The only thing that I could find was a tumblr account called thegoldenmiretapes. Who ever runs it claims to have purchased the tapes from a friend. I really don't want to rely on this account for my information but it's the only thing I could find so far. I would greatly appreciate anybody who can find out more information on these elusive tapes, Perhaps some footage buried out there online or the physical tapes themselves. If you read this and find out any bit of information please contact me here. Thank you.

Going by the name of the thread I thought you had the tapes and that we were going to watch them. :td:

Well hey Im sorry to disappoint you but know that I am in the process of tracking them down. If they actually turn out to be real, I will, without any hesitation, post the videos on youtube and any other video streaming website I can upload it to. Again if you find any information that you might think could be useful just contact me here on this site. Thanks for your time .

I wasn't going to say any thing since it just sheer rumor about it.

I would recommend before trying to find elusive tapes that you confirm the Goldenmire's existence and deaths. I am probably not the best researcher, but one would think a murder/suicide of a family of 6 in the 90's would have left some trace of news on the internet, and nothing comes up. Maybe I'm just not looking for it right.

Your best bets are probably local library for backlog on newspapers, the local LEO or courthouse to get confirmation. And who knows? If you can confirm, you might also dig up a lead on where those tapes(if they exist) might have gone.

• Like 1

You are absolutely right rashore. I'll stop by my local library first and see if I can find actual newspaper articles about this event. Unfortunately Im going to have to take a break from this search for a little bit. Real world issues call but whenever I have free time I'll resume my search. I'll update on this site If I find something or if this whole thing is just one big fat lie.