Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Psychic powers: Impossible for humanity

Blueogre2

Put it on a rubber sheet. They both have the same topological nature of a closed curve with only one hole.

Put it on a rubber sheet. They both have the same topological nature of a closed curve with only one hole.

You've got a 3D shape that you're just distorting. Does the square still have four 90 degree angles at the same time it is a circle?

By square and circle, I mean 2 dimensional geometry.

Edited by Rlyeh
  • Like 1

You keep moving the goalpost. Of course you do, now, but you didn't say so earlier.

By the way, changing definitions is not to my understanding a fallacy but a propaganda tactic.

Even in just two dimensions, if the square is elastic, you can still stretch it to be a circle.

You know this is more fun that ghosts.

Edited by Frank Merton

You keep moving the goalpost. Of course you do, now, but you didn't say so earlier.

What exactly have I moved?

Squares and circles are 2d geometric shapes, and I thought giving their equations implied this is what I meant.

By the way, changing definitions is not to my understanding a fallacy but a propaganda tactic.
http://www.fallacyfi...g/redefine.html
Even in just two dimensions, if the square is elastic, you can still stretch it to be a circle.

Anyone with a piece of string can do that. I said a square circle, not changing a square into a circle. Edited by Rlyeh

Topologically squares and circles are the same thing.

Oh it doesn't surprise me that someone somewhere says that redefinition is a fallacy. I don't think so anyway. It is a trick with words, not a play on logic.

More than several, Some are very close friends. I have my proof, but I just thought it odd that you apply one set of criteria for one thing but not the other. It seems odd to say that there can be such thing as spirits but not psychic intuitions. As to the journey. Yes it is quit a large part of my life, and it is a rich practice of self knowledge and development. My ancestors had a person or two in nearly every tribe that was intimately connected to the two worlds. Spirit walker, shaman, whatever you want to call us. It has been a fact of life for all of human history and will remain long after our religions and sciences die. I don't consider it a psychic power though. It's just apart of what we are. Evenchually the frontier of the mind/spirit will open wide up for humanity and it will be those who have traversed the depths that will lead the way weather one believes our experiences are spiritual or neurological. Jesus, Mohammed, the buhdda, and virtually every other prophet or spiritual founder was a spirit walker. Just in different cultural contexts.

Your not being completely honest, you present astral travel as being great and wonderful, yet you refuse to admit the more negative aspects of it, aspects that you have admitted to in other places on this very site. If your determined to walk this path, fine, but you need to be more responsible and tell people how horrible it can be as well. Furthermore spirits are never friends to us humans, regardless of what they may say or do.

Maybe it just doesn't work like people think. Information is stored on a genetic level and that information can be passed on between people. People can sense things about other people by smells; why couldn't other information be transferred and then decoded as well? Could be considered telepathy, if proven to be true. Some of the other powers I'm less likely to believe possible but I'd be hard pressed to search because they seem even less plausible.

If more information then we know is recorded through genetics even astral projection in to the past(Think of it like playing an SNES Rom and going back in to a save state type deal) could also be possible.

Although on some like telekinesis, I'd be hard pressed to come up with any ideas on how that could be done. Unless of course an objective look means just deny things we can't understand or blame it on spirits.

Your correct in saying that it does not work the way people think, but the sad thing is that it works by getting involved with spirits, and these spirits always want to destroy us, while its true that they can pretend to be working for our good, the reality is they despise us, and will eventually, in the fullness of time bring us to a bad end

Your not being completely honest, you present astral travel as being great and wonderful, yet you refuse to admit the more negative aspects of it, aspects that you have admitted to in other places on this very site. If your determined to walk this path, fine, but you need to be more responsible and tell people how horrible it can be as well. Furthermore spirits are never friends to us humans, regardless of what they may say or do.

I'm not hideing anything. The journey is not negative, WE however are. We must work through our anima and stop behaveing like them. I understand that people are not willing to face themselves and take responsibility for themselves. This is humanities great problem. We want to blame everything that happens to us on Somone else.

More responsible?!?!?!? I detail nearly every journey on my blog with over 100 entries, and I always direct every person who comes to me to read it. Even my struggles with my own anima and shadow... In fact it's my more unbelievable positive experiences that I tend to leave out because they belong to me alone. Besides shifting through dimensions is not something I can put into words. Many many people have come to me and learn to take control of their issues, it would be irresponsible for me to hold back what I have learned. I don't no how I can be more transparent... It's all right here for everyone to see. Seriously I know of no one who exposes themselves so.

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?app=blog&module=display&section=blog&blogid=2493

All you need to do is look at yourself. It's the horror and negativity built up negativity inside of us expressing itself that you are afraid of. You are afraid of your own shadow. I understand if people choose not to look that deep, I don't blame them, but there are those of us that do and actually have an interest in mastering our anima and want to be here for others when they stumble into it. It beats the hell out of a lifetime of medication or believing there are evil demons around every corner. And it is the only way for humans to evolve past our current stage of development.

By what right or evidence that you say such things? Because you are completely out of control, you want to blame them. There are angles and higher beings in the spirit world...beings of beauty and light that want nothing more than to wake you up out of your self induced nightmare full of devils and demonic creations, apocalyptic religions, and gods of fear and destruction. There is a very specific reason it's called awakening. Humans are infants, we are asleep or rather in a twilight. They are all rooting for us, but it's up to the individual to stop Blameing everything else for what plagues us and take some personal responsibility.

Your not talking to some psi kiddie or pseudo new Ager here. If you acuse Somone of something, don't you think you should have some evidence or critical thought behind your acusations? granted people think im a Loony, but at least I am a legitimate loony and basing my opinions on real experiences and internal experiments. This is the difference modern religion and the original process of spiritual development experienced by my ( and your) ancestors. Let's have it. What do you have against spirits?

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?app=blog&module=display&section=blog&blogid=2493

Edited by Seeker79

Getting back to the OP's original point.

No doubt the Christian Right would like to call manifestations of power, evil. Hurricane's Isaac and Sandy literally blew their candidate out of the water.

They demonized candidate Obama in every way possible, but the power of Heaven was with him.

Edited by Raptor Witness

Impossible for humanity? So possible for animals??? What fact decide if one can have abilities or not? Genes?

A hunch, an intuition, mother feels her children in danger when they are at other side of the planet = fake? Or spirits are whispering them?

Fact is something that is true without doubt, and you-blueogre- are stating your opinion as if it were fact. If you were presenting this as opinion, I would have no issue.

My opinion?

Spirits, yes. I can pay that. I do believe that there are beings within our midst, that do not wish us well and want nothing more then to harm us.

Spirits portraying psychic abilities, yes. I can pay that too. It seems possible for this to happen, I mean they can move a chair. It would be nothing for them to whisper secrets into human ears.

Spirits are the cause of all psychic abilities? No, sorry. That's the clincher for me.

Some people can do amazing things, either born with the ability or trained. I believe that psychic abilities are capable for all human-beings, but only some have it... enabled if you will. We only use 10% of our noggin'. Imagine if we used all 100%!

Your correct in saying that it does not work the way people think, but the sad thing is that it works by getting involved with spirits, and these spirits always want to destroy us, while its true that they can pretend to be working for our good, the reality is they despise us, and will eventually, in the fullness of time bring us to a bad end

can you please give proof to any of your statements because if you can id love to see it...or are you saying you don't need proof we do?

• Like 1

can you please give proof to any of your statements because if you can id love to see it...or are you saying you don't need proof we do?

Yea I tend to feel the proof is in the pudding.

So i was taking a shower and noticed how the water reacted to me then a correlation between atoms and your "fact". Now if you think about it the chair you are sitting in physical matter is only 10% of that chair (high estimate) the rest is empty space. Somehow these atoms are able to work perfectly with each other? Not sure how but they can even though most of them are from completely different sources. But then you remember that all atoms are is a state of energy. Now there is also an electrical charge keeping your brain processing the way you want it too. Also a form of energy? So everything here on your plannet you have to agree is really all the same thing energy. Scientists have proven that energy can interact with things in way we still don't know are even available to us.

This may seem really chaotic in the way i presented it but what I'm saying is that. Yes we went down the electricity path of life. But there are so many more ways to use energy itself that we aren't aware of who is to say these things aren't right in front of our face. The biggest problem is no one has flown the kite then said by golly i know how to use this mystical power. We even know heat (just faster moving atoms *and whats to say our atoms aren't moving fast enough already?*) can be used to manipulate the environment as well. So it may take us allot more discipline than we have now. That doesn't mean we should all get even more lazy and let tech do it for us. Be a pioneer not a sheep.

Most Importantly

Things must be proven to be considered scientific fact. But if you brought a phone to the past "remember" it can only work for a couple hours in that time you have to have extensive tests done on it for a few years just to prove its not witch craft. You yourself would have to know how to build the electric circuts a fuel engine and get people to listen to you and not think your crazy. Probably not going to happen.

Edited by Sujes DeHero

• 1 month later...

complicated. first thing is you, you have your own souls. those spirits and etc u mention is the fact also a soul. difference is they live in their world while you live in your own world. they can do whats beyond of their ability and suffer by the cause of their action. the appearances in fact are just a curse or a punishment for what they did. and also they can see us in our world but we cant except to those who activate their third eye or etc.i didn't activate mine i activate some that doesn't need to be seen but felt. good luck anyways