Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Vikings (TV series)

Bavarian Raven

I need to see this show.

They will do a marathon, I am sure, sometime this summer.

I expect it. I just don't watch a terrible amount of television.. So I need to pay attention more.

Every other day I'll watch whatever is on long enough to eat lunch or something and then turn it off and won't touch it for days.

But if it's Vikings I have no choice but to cave..

• Like 1

I need to see this show.

YES,YOU DO !!!!

:)

That's a good point. Folks, always check the TV schedule for repeats/reruns if you missed a program/series.

That's a good point. Folks, always check the TV schedule for repeats/reruns if you missed a program/series.

We'll post it here so stay subscribed.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

:D

http://www.history.com/shows/vikings/videos/vikings-season-2-sneak

I expect it. I just don't watch a terrible amount of television.. So I need to pay attention more.

Every other day I'll watch whatever is on long enough to eat lunch or something and then turn it off and won't touch it for days.

But if it's Vikings I have no choice but to cave..

Marathon tomorrow I think

http://www.history.com/shows/vikings/videos/vikings-season-2-sneak

• 4 months later...

Just started watching this show, I really like it.

Very interesting to think about the time period and what they were able to accomplish without the advent of technology.

• Like 2

Just started watching this show, I really like it.

Very interesting to think about the time period and what they were able to accomplish without the advent of technology.

If you ever get the chance, be sure and watch the first season. Usually at some point, near the end or after the end of this second season, the History channel will replay last year's first season, along with this year's second season in sequence, on either H1 or H2. Keep an eye out for it on those two History channels. They tend to do that mostly because they need to fill in some air time.

or..

In case you never do get to see the first season, I'm pretty sure at some point, they'll put the first season or all of the seasons out on Blue Ray and DVD for sell.

Here's a list of the 2013 episodes on IMDb:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2306299/episodes?year=2013&ref_=tt_eps_yr_2013

First season was absolutely captivating, I gave it a 10/10. Second season hmmm I'd say the acting is down just a notch , except Travis . He carries the whole cast with his lines, his appearance, attitude and especially his accent

don't get me wrong its still a terrific show, just didn't think the evolution of Athelstan was believable, and Ziggy's lines are trash and she is just a mediocre character

PS is this the same Athelstan who becomes the first king of England?

Edited by SolarPlexus

• 5 weeks later...

PS is this the same Athelstan who becomes the first king of England?

I don't think so, but who knows what the scriptwriters will do with the character. He shares his name with the man who has that specific sobriquet, but history is another thing. Some historians claim that Egbert, the king of Wessex, was the first king of England, although he didn't rule the whole country. I enjoy this series, but I often wish that it was set in the days of Alfred the Great or Brian Boru, both of whom kicked Viking butt.

I hope ragnar likes snakes ....

On a sidenote, 3 season is announced . It will probably follow the story of many Ragnar sons who are actually more famous than him

On a sidenote, 3 season is announced . It will probably follow the story of many Ragnar sons who are actually more famous than him

It would be awesome if they did a season about Eirik the Red and Leif Eirikson. :w00t: Heck, they could easily do two or three seasons with that. :)

Im expecting to see Ivar the boneless , bjorn ironside and sigurd snake-in-the-eye form "The great heathen army" and pillage England and france..... ragnar himself was a semi-historical figure while theyre sons were much bigger pain in the ass for the Christians

I mean, youre right, the series is called "Vikings" after all, and not "Ragnar Hairy-breeches".... I wish they'd do Orm the Red also (Eriks semi-historical father)

Edited by SolarPlexus

Anyone else enjoy the season final?

I haven't seen it yet but it is on the DVR and hopefully I'll have some time soon

expected ragnar to die

happy floki didn't turn on ragnar

ragnar says 2 words whole episode

glad the b**** king is dead

ziggy didn't turn on ragnar... now that's a surprise !

is rollo dead? the big question

have to wait to 2015 to see the Vikings in paris :(

Yikes! You find fewer spoilers in a 1990s high school parking lot. Those of us, who watch Hulu, should cover our eyes and ears when people discuss this series. I will now try to develop amnesia. :)

Wardruna do the music for this show don't they? Huge fan!

indeed ! great music

• Like 1

I should check it out then. I bloody love Wardruna! Fortunate enough to have caught them live :D

• Like 1

Wow, great finale and Ragnar was five moves ahead of everyone else, as usual. Best news? Coming back next year!!

Wow, great finale and Ragnar was five moves ahead of everyone else, as usual. Best news? Coming back next year!!

I had a crazy thought when his wife mentioned future explorations. What if they filmed in America for the next season (despite the wonky chronology)?

They will hit paris and france next season not America. Dunno where they will film it though

Edited by SolarPlexus

They will hit paris and france next season not America. Dunno where they will film it though

That makes more sense. It is a historical series, after all.