Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Gun at Elementary School

OverSword

OK, my headline is misleading. What really happened was a 7 year old was suspended for two days because he bit his pop-tart in a way that made it look like a gun.

From the article:

Children at Park Elementary School went home with a letter today explaining there was a disruption in school. Seven year old Josh Welch, and his father, say the disruption lead to a two day suspension for the second grader in Brooklyn Park.

Academics are hard for Josh, who suffers from ADHD, but he excels in art class. It is Josh's own creativity that may have gotten him into trouble.

At Park Elementary school, Josh was enjoying his breakfast pastry when he decided to try and shape it into a mountain.

Josh said, "It was already a rectangle and I just kept on biting it and biting it and tore off the top and it kinda looked like a gun but it wasn't."

Josh takes full responsibly for trying to shape his breakfast pastry, but admits it was in innocent fun. He told FOX45, "All I was trying to do was turn it into a mountain but, it didn't look like a mountain really and it turned out to be a gun kinda."

http://foxbaltimore.com/news/features/featured/stories/7yearold-suspended-teacher-says-he-shaped-pastry-into-gun-635.shtml#.UTNAVqJaWSr

Please America, can we stop this insanity??? The kid had a pop-tart fro crying out loud!

• Like 3

I think it was a week ago another kid got susended for pointing his finger like a gun.

• Like 2

My neighbor whos 2 years older than me got in trouble for the same thing. When we were in Elementary School. Just expressing his creativity in Art Class and drew a gun because his dad is a Amherst Cop, and is in the Air Force. Got suspended for like 2 days

Edited by stevemagegod
  • Like 1

Is this evil behaviour? Not at all. This is what happens when the liberal unions hold all the power in the education system (a worldwide phenomenon) and they try to demonize children for being children.

When i was a kid (which wasn't too long ago) we used to have sword fights with sticks and run around the bush with plastic guns. Guess what. Everyone involved in those childhood games grew up and became model citizens without any criminal record. Now this kid will have a record, and will not be afforded the same chances in life.

Edited by Professor Buzzkill
  • Like 4

Sometimes I want to grab the people who made this decision and shake them.

• Like 4

Is this evil behaviour? Not at all. This is what happens when the liberal unions hold all the power in the education system (a worldwide phenomenon) and they try to demonize children for being children.

When i was a kid (which wasn't too long ago) we used to have sword fights with sticks and run around the bush with plastic guns. Guess what. Everyone involved in those childhood games grew up and became model citizens without any criminal record. Now this kid will have a record, and will not be afforded the same chances in life.

And they want to know why they've got to drug their kids.

• Like 5

I think schools are overreacting to this. Kids will be kids, unless they are bringing a real one to class let it go.

• Like 5

I think some of these poor teachers have got serious gun anxiety. I don't see how some of them can teach class, when they're worried about guns at the back of their minds all the time.

There needs to be a psychological evaluation of the teacher, every time he/she throws a hissy fit about some kid drawing or chewing food into a shape of a gun. This is a serious problem, it's getting ridiculous and needs attention ASAP.

• Like 3

I think some of these poor teachers have got serious gun anxiety. I don't see how some of them can teach class, when they're worried about guns at the back of their minds all the time.

There needs to be a psychological evaluation of the teacher, every time he/she throws a hissy fit about some kid drawing or chewing food into a shape of a gun. This is a serious problem, it's getting ridiculous and needs attention ASAP.

You have to include thbe school board, the princple, the department of education as well in your statement.

• Like 1

You have to include thbe school board, the princple, the department of education as well in your statement.

Lol. Couldn't hurt, but the teachers in the classrooms are the ones who have the pull though. It starts with them. It's their word against the kids and parents. Their word is gold, apparently.

I think schools are overreacting to this. Kids will be kids, unless they are bringing a real one to class let it go.

That seemd to be whast they are tryung to do, stop kids being kids. That is why obamax wants kids to start head start at 4. But, the so called advantage for doing that disappears in thrd grade.

This is beyond ridiculous.

Sometimes I want to grab the people who made this decision and shake them.

Stellar, someone probably already beat you to it, by a few decades.

~Thanato

Here is something similarly ridiculous..

Conservative Actor: Teacher Threatened Police Action & Questioned My Son’s ‘Mental State’ Over Photo of a BB Gun at School

Actor, entrepreneur, and writer Joseph C. Phillips, best known for his roles as Martin Kendall on “The Cosby Show” and Justus Ward on “General Hospital,” says his son’s school

after the student showed his friends a picture of his new BB gun. They also reportedly questioned his “mental state.”

Phillips explained for radio host Tony Katz on Saturday that California social studies teacher James DeLarme was walking by when he saw Phillips’ son and his friends looking at the picture. The 15-year-old has been working part time and chose to buy the Airsoft BB gun with his earnings, his dad said, and wanted to show his new purchase to his friends.

The teacher “snatched” the camera out of his hands, and when the teen asked when he would get it back, the teacher reportedly responded: “That’s for the police to decide.”

“It’s just a picture, Tony!” Phillips told the radio host. “There were no threats involved; there was no horseplay, monkey business happening at the time. It was my son’s camera; he shows it to his friends, who are all very interested and excited about it as well. The teacher happens by, snatches the camera, and that’s when the real nonsense began…”

The teacher then allegedly took the camera to another teacher, who said she was “disturbed” by the image. After scrolling through the entire memory and returning the camera, the teachers began to question the “mental state” of Phillips’ son, he said.

“Do you have any animosity towards any of your classmates?” the student was reportedly asked. “Are you happy?”

“Now, this guy…listen, at this point, I’m not sure he’s qualified to teach social studies,” Phillips interjected. “He certainly isn’t qualified to psychoanalyze my kid.”

What’s worse — Phillips says he didn’t find out about the incident until roughly five days later, when his son told him.

When he sent a letter of complaint to the school’s principal, a vice principal allegedly responded in defense of the teachers, saying they did the right thing for the safety of the other students.

Perhaps most alarming, Phillips added, is that “not one person” at the school thought to inform the parents of the altercation.

“If Mr. DeLarme truly believed my son presented a danger, both my wife and I should have been notified immediately!” Phillips pointed out.

Phillips concluded with a word on how “ridiculousness is passing for common sense” in today’s schools, adding that it seems like anyone who has a gun is guilty by default.

Somebody’s got to have some sense,” he reiterated.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/03/04/conservative-actor-teacher-threatened-police-action-questioned-my-sons-mental-state-over-photo-of-a-bb-gun-at-school/

• Like 1

More schools not teaching:

Massachusetts schools are sending students home with letters to their parents, but the letters don’t have anything to do with grades or behavior – they have to do with weight! This is part of a new government initiative to tell parents when their child’s BMI (body mass index) is high and give them instructions on how to deal with weight issues.

Tracy Watson, whose son attends school in North Andover, asked, “Why aren’t we having nutritionists speak to our children? Why aren’t we hiring more gym teachers? There were a number of children that went to bed not feeling so great about themselves that night.”

Her son, Cameron, agreed. “You either are anorexic, that means you are too small. Or you get the obese letter that means you are too big. You can’t be ‘just right.’”

State and local lawmakers have joined the effort to fight the so-called “fat letters.”

http://foxnewsinsider.com/2013/02/26/massachusetts-schools-send-kids-home-with-letters-saying-they-are-too-fat/

• Like 1

I thought this was ridiculous when I saw it on TV, and the TV news was trying to play it like, "Of course they suspended the little b******.". One teacher even went on the record saying he feared being shot.... BY A BREAKFAST PASTRY!!!!!!

There is a zero tolerance law in a town near where I live where even kids using squirt guns in the street, or their own yard, can be arrested and detained. It is in the news every summer how dozens of kids are brought in. But, the gangers who have the real guns, oh no, don't mess with them. Many are hispanic and that would be racial profiling, or discrimination. Just keep bringing in those white pre-teens with the bright colored, transparent squirt guns.

• Like 3

Glad to see everyone in agreement over this. Make no mistake, they know its outragious. Its meant to be. Its a clear message saying I am your master, and you are the slave. I tell you whats good, and whats bad. Its "how many fingers am I holding up? (holds up 2 fingers) 2. SMACK, no im holding up as many as Im telling you im holding up. Welcome to 1984

• Like 1

Here is something similarly ridiculous..

What are they going to do in history class. Not teach about any of the wars. Nothing happened in history, between 1941 and 1945.

I thought this was ridiculous when I saw it on TV, and the TV news was trying to play it like, "Of course they suspended the little b******.". One teacher even went on the record saying he feared being shot.... BY A BREAKFAST PASTRY!!!!!!

There is a zero tolerance law in a town near where I live where even kids using squirt guns in the street, or their own yard, can be arrested and detained. It is in the news every summer how dozens of kids are brought in. But, the gangers who have the real guns, oh no, don't mess with them. Many are hispanic and that would be racial profiling, or discrimination. Just keep bringing in those white pre-teens with the bright colored, transparent squirt guns.

;

You can't arrest the gangers that would be racial profiling.

• Like 3

The government needs to stop trying to raise our kids.

You parents are letting them. You keep putting the same idiots in office, local, state, and federal.

• Like 1

this is deliberate anti gun campaign, they can't make adults think of guns different, but kid's mind they can mold like they want to. they making kids hate guns since young age, by getting them in trouble for any gun related, action\word\drawing....etc. thy are turning your kids into future gun haters. brainwashing from childhood, no better way to make slaves. just ask radical islamists, the writing is all over the wall, only blind\brainwashed don't see it.

Edited by aztek
  • Like 1