Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Simbi Laveau

Interesting Creepy Films Link

9 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

http://www.denofgeek.us/movies/21744/50-genuinely-creepy-horror-movies

I was completely bored ,and tried finding movies I have not seen ,with shock value . I started Cannibal Holocaust ,and just balked at the scene where the girl in the canoe is killed.

Started Nekromantik 2 .Hated 1 ,assumed 2 might be more interesting . Even though you know its a rubber dummy ,just..gross ,made it half way through ....turned it off .

So I googled trying to find something.....and I found this link .

I would say I've seen more than 80% of these ,but the ones I havent seen ,piqued my interest . I'm going to work my way thru the list ,watching them .

I watched the TV version of Woman in Black already ,because I had to see what scene he meant .

I think I know which one he referred to.

I saw the Daniel Radcliff version a couple of weeks back ,and it is quite different . In both mood and story details .

I just started Peeping Tom,which def looks interesting .

I might also add,I've been watch a bunch of 50s black and white Japanese ghost movies ,and I highly recommend ,THE GHOST OF YOTSUYA , GHOST CAT OF OTAMA POND ,and VAMPIRE BRIDE .All out of the same studio .

I also watched one called,I think Dark Remains. Netflix.

For a B grade flick ,quite creepy at parts.

It reminded me of The evil dead meets insidious meets paranormal activity....also ,a real haunted prison is used for filming.

Shades of Death Tunnel .

Edited by Simbi Laveau

Thanks for the link! That is a solid list of horror films. I trust that the ones I haven't seen are worth watching.

1 person likes this

Thanks for the link! That is a solid list of horror films. I trust that the ones I haven't seen are worth watching.

I watch tons of horror . To find ones I haven't seen ,and don't suck,is always a treat .

Posted (edited)

So now I'm watching Ghost Watch,which is so obviously the inspiration for stuff like Ghost Hunters btw ,and guess what ?

Craig Charles,the man who plays our beloved Dave Lister on Red Dwarf,is one of the narrator's/reporters.

So this is total fun for me . It is quite creepy ,and I do know the story this refers to. Too bad it didn't become a series then .

Edited by Simbi Laveau

Totally enjoyed Ghost Watch . Very creepy . Was a bit of a war of the world's phenom at the time .

Also enjoyed Peeping Tom. Quite different .

You mention some good horror films in your post.

If you want a classic British horror from the fifties I strongly recommend Night of the Demon.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0050766/?ref_=sr_3

Apart from a dodgy looking monster at the end its a superbly atmospheric horror.

1 person likes this

You mention some good horror films in your post.

If you want a classic British horror from the fifties I strongly recommend Night of the Demon.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0050766/?ref_=sr_3

Apart from a dodgy looking monster at the end its a superbly atmospheric horror.

Owww...not sure if I've seen that one ,maybe years ago... I will check it out .Thank you !

ever see Superstarlett AD?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0265828/

Well gosh,with so many famous actors in it ,I'm sure everyone has seen it ....ahem .

This is a creepy film ? It says comedy . I'm watching zombie stripper apocalypse right now.

It's dubbed into English ,which makes it even funnier .