Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Man dies 'playing Russian roulette'

ExpandMyMind

Police are investigating the death of a man who had apparently been playing Russian roulette.

Emergency services were called to a house on Hogg Avenue in Johnstone, Renfrewshire, on Saturday following a "firearms" incident.

Alan McWilliams, 41, was found seriously injured and taken to the Southern General Hospital in Glasgow for treatment but died on Sunday.

A neighbour told the Scottish Sun newspaper that Mr McWilliams had been "playing Russian roulette with a pal and the gun went off".

http://news.uk.msn.com/uk/man-dies-playing-russian-roulette

Wow. If this story is accurate then we have another contender for a Darwin Award. Incredible.

• Like 3

Why spend tax payers money on this? he was playing Russian roulette with a pal and the gun went off...end off!

• Like 2

Man dies playing 'Russian roulette'? Perhaps it's not one of Rihanna's more upbeat songs, but I didn't think it was that bad.

:-/

• Like 6

Why spend tax payers money on this? he was playing Russian roulette with a pal and the gun went off...end off!

I guess it could be an un-licensed, un-registered firearm or he may have been killed and it was made to look like “Russian Roulette” gone wrong.

This game never appealed to me, I think I will stick to "Hungry Hippo’s" although you can get a nasty nip on your fingers playing that… I guess all games are played with an element of risk.

• Like 3

Hmmmm......Man dies playing russian roulette.Who could have ever seen this coming :whistle:

Sorry tried thinking of a witty joke but some things are so dumb they speak for themselves :blink:

• Like 1

Man dies playing 'Russian roulette'? Perhaps it's not one of Rihanna's more upbeat songs, but I didn't think it was that bad.

:-/

:lol:

I guess it could be an un-licensed, un-registered firearm or he may have been killed and it was made to look like “Russian Roulette” gone wrong.

This game never appealed to me, I think I will stick to "Hungry Hippo’s" although you can get a nasty nip on your fingers playing that… I guess all games are played with an element of risk.

i would imagine it is unlicensed, I do hope that anyone with a license to own a gun does not do anything as irresponsible as this!

Could well be murder, still early doors to tell. if the gun does turn out to be the victims, and the lab can not tell if it was murder or an accident, then this could well be an unsolved case.

Why should people lose their lives like that? That's just...not logical

Can never quite work out if this is winning or losing in such a contest

The stupidity of man never ceases to amaze me...

He must have been a Deer Hunter fan.

(Great film).

• Like 1

Sounds like this guy watched 'The Deer Hunter' one too many times.

• Like 1

I actually think this man playing this game was a wise decision,if you are stupid enough to "play" with a loaded weapon at least be smart enough to die when the game is over.

He was playing Russian Roulette, yet the death is "unexplained"!

Maybe I should email Strathclyde Police with my 'putting a loaded gun to your head and pulling the trigger may be detrimental to your health' theory.

• Like 1

Can't expect to win all the time.

This reminds me of a 1980s TV actor named Jon-Erik Hexum. He shot himself in the head on set with a .44 caliber blank/prop pistol. The paper wadding in the blank cartridge had enough force to drive a piece of his skull into his brain.... ooops....

Who says you can't fix stupid?

• Like 2

Who says you can't fix stupid?

That really made me smile.. :tu: Perhaps they should hand out prescriptions to the stupid recommending this.

• Like 1