Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
White Crane Feather

Sleep paralysis caught me off guard.

9 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

So I woke up from my endless dreams last night, and I was awake. I was thinking about a conversation I was haveing here on UM about corporeal punishment. I was remember the times my mother slapped me, and quit subtly I started to feel really bad about it. But the feeling didn't stop it gradually at first started to increase in intensity and started to become overwhelming. Extrem panic almost. I am well trained on how to deal with this, I have even mediated my here on purpose but it caught me off guard, but I still retained my lucidity.---- Crap I thought I'm haveing a panic attack how the hell did that happen--- I'm literally surprised that those bad memories could have such an effect on me. Mean while this intense panic is building up like a negative orgasm. I decide that I am going to need help with this. ( the panic attack I had when I was ten lasted hours... It felt like death) I thought it was going to be the same, I started to ask my wife for help but I couldn't.... That's when it all clicked and my panic shifted to the door ( a common focus point during sp)... Fortunately I knew what was happening now and my standard awareness kicked in.

I am more convinced than ever now that this stage of conciousness is stimulating a deep part of our brain tied to our evolutionary past. The way it comes on is so intense and latches on to any negative thoughts or fears we have. Most people are horrified when they wake up from these things, but for me it's exciting. Each time some little corridoor of the mind exposes itself, i understand my inner workings better and ultimately I emerge more knowledgable and prepped to help others. What a strange and wonderful life this is.

Edited by Seeker79
2 people like this

I have sleep paralysis as well and the first time it happened I panicked and tried to call for help, now I don't even bother. Just relax into it and it will go away but the fastest way to be able to move again is to try with all your might to clench your hands, indeed life is strange and wonderful. I meditate too, and suffered beatings as a child,perhaps there is a connection...

1 person likes this

I just experienced SP for the first time in a long time two days ago. I woke up, and i wanted to go get a drink of water and when i went to move my Legs to roll out of bed, i couldn't. I tried to move them again and i still couldn't. I thought to myself aw $uck me. God Dam you Sleep Paralysis. I knew it was Sp due to all of my recent research into Astral Projections. So i didn't panic. But i had the strangest feeling that i was being watched. But i just shuck it off and went back to sleep. It was a weird feeling i'll tell you that much. When i woke up that morning, i was kinda p***ed at my self because i should of used that SP episode to try and Astral Project but i was thirsty and was not expecting to be in SP when i woke up.

1 person likes this

I just experienced SP for the first time in a long time two days ago. I woke up, and i wanted to go get a drink of water and when i went to move my Legs to roll out of bed, i couldn't. I tried to move them again and i still couldn't. I thought to myself aw $uck me. God Dam you Sleep Paralysis. I knew it was Sp due to all of my recent research into Astral Projections. So i didn't panic. But i had the strangest feeling that i was being watched. But i just shuck it off and went back to sleep. It was a weird feeling i'll tell you that much. When i woke up that morning, i was kinda p***ed at my self because i should of used that SP episode to try and Astral Project but i was thirsty and was not expecting to be in SP when i woke up.

it's easy to do an ap in sp by rolling out, it takes a lot of energy to try to float up but rolling out is quick and easy, just imagine yourself falling off your bed, I noticed my room looks different when I first rolled out, it's colorful and bright, can't move tho, I try but I can't get up...oh well it's not as easy as I thought

I've had sp for years and occurrences are increasing. Im also starting to have lucid dreamsbefore an episode of sp. Ive heard people me that have sp are more susceptible to ap. Ive never experienced apbut during sp i had my eyes closed and all i could see is a bright light. Does that mean i was close to ap. And i still get terrified during sp. How can you overcome overwhelming fear like that??

I have had sleep paralysis a number of times throughout my life, it scared me when I was young but by my teens u got used to it, I'm now 33 years old and love to know why it happens. I feel and believe that I am wide awake when this happens, most of the time I'm unable to move or talk, I feel like I'm fighting the force that's holding me down but I'm too weak to fight it. Other times I'm in the same state but I feel like there's another type of force ( different to the force that holds me down ) working, that feels kinda like its trying to pull me away from the force that's holding me down ( this is the best way I can explain it trying to not sound like a Jedi master ) when this happens ( and only has happened maybe 10 to 15 times in my life ) I do break free from the force holding me down, to the point where I have reached out ( this was recently ) to my partner and grabbed her at the same time been able to shout out my partners name ( after trying to yell out and not been able to ) I had woken her and I can only describe has, she brought me round like waking someone from sleep. I know I was awake I could see my partner turn to ' wake ' me and I snapped out of the paralysis like I was awoken. Has anybody else had this type of experience and does anyone have any insight to why this happens? I don't see lights hear voices talk to aliens leave the room or even the bed, I am an open minded person so any reasonable suggestions would be great thanks

Posted (edited)

It’s been over a year since I’ve had a paralysis attack however I’ve noticed that whenever I’ve experienced one it’s been accompanied by a bizarre dream with the theme of a God, deceased people and alien entities.

Being paralysed in a dream doesn’t bother me much although the connected dreams can be alarming.

Edited by Meridian O

Iv'e been lucid dreaming and obeing for about 60 years, and yet i have never had any form of sleep paralysis. I understand its link to lucid dreaming and to certain levels of sleep but do you have any idea why some people are affected by it and others not ?

Because i am always self aware and have a dual consciousness of self/waking state and self/dreaming state, while dreaming, nothing in my dreams ever worries me. I was wondering if this would explain why I have never had even mild sleep paralysis.

Basically, going into bed thirsty and thinking about getting a glass of water is one of the method of inducing astral projection.If you had that idea in mind during this incident you would probably be much comfortable to project.