Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Extraterrestial Intelligence

BlackSky

An anesthesiologist puts a patient into a deep sleep just before a medical procedure. During this time the patient would feel no pain nor, would the patient experience any discomfort or remember what happened during the deep sleep after said person awoke. Medical science is still improving this area of practice. This level of technology and capability exists to a species that hasn't even broken the universal distance barrier yet.

This being said, doesn't it stand to reason that an intelligent extra terrestial species with technology and capabilities far beyond your reasoning would be able to do the same thing on a much higher and advanced level? Keep this in mind when listening to people who claim to have been abducted or if you try to claim to have been abducted your self.

Furthermore, if a deep trance state fails during data collection, doesn't it also stand to reason that the same species would have the capability to erase that memory? Afterall, the thought processes and memory sectors are a series of electrical impulses. Locate the right impulses and the memory can be deleted or replaced.

To answer why an extraterrestial species with technologies and capabilities bordering on the magical and miraculous when compared to the technologies and capabilities of homosapiens, all one has to do is know why people study wildlife.

Alot of people place fantastical images and theories on what an extraterrestial species may or may not look like. May or may not be capable of or wiling to do. What if an intelligent extraterrestial species was already here? What if, say for sake of conversation, that species was so far evolved in technologies, capabilities, motivations and such that they were beyond war and destruction? I'm not saying benevolent but rather, curious about what's in the universe and had developed the means to explore it.

What if an intelligent extraterrestial species had decided that the best way to study and observe homospaiens was not by abductions but, rather by having volunteers live among them as one of them and periodicly sending reports back until such time in the future mankind had reached a point where they were ready to have it confirmed they were not alone in the universe?

Mankind is capable of doing and has done great things both good and bad. Your historical figures of jesus and mohammad have inspired a legacy good religious beliefs. Your historical figures of Adolf HItler and Joseph Stalin have done the reverse.

With this in mind ask yourself this. If you were a member of an intelligent extraterrestial species and found a planet the locals called Earth, how would you handle it?

No matter how advanced or what technological capabilities a race has, there is always a chance for prejudices and miscommunication.

A perceived enemy unknown may not be an enemy at all.

Then again, a perceived friend maynot be a friend either.

Only when people are unaware you are there will they show you thier true sides.

A group of peoples can not always be judged by the people that lead them but, it is those leaders that make crucial decisions when encountering an unknown.

• Like 2

Seems like this idea would work only if ET looked just like us and had the same physical requirements (food, water, air etc).

• Like 1

With this in mind ask yourself this. If you were a member of an intelligent extraterrestial species and found a planet the locals called Earth, how would you handle it?

Any advanced race, exploring our world, will study carefully, and will know how to make contact and who to make contact with. That will be the people who understand. I think that if the time comes, ET will handle it, and I could almost be certain that they will make contact with scientists...not governments or any religious group. Expecting them to be able to handle ET contact is almost laughable.

• Like 2

I have to agree with Hazzard, I think ET would contact those they consider to be the most reasonable (probably scientists). I doubt ET would want to deal with politicians or religious leaders.

We suppose an advanced, ethical society would have something along the lines of "Star Trek's" Prime Directive, although of course even that was obeyed only when it served the purposes of the story line.

Live long and prosper, dude. :santa:

To answer why an extraterrestial species with technologies and capabilities bordering on the magical and miraculous when compared to the technologies and capabilities of homosapiens, all one has to do is know why people study wildlife.

It's always very tempting to explore this area of UFOlogy by applying human principles and motivations.

As a skeptic, I do not believe extra terrestrial visitation has occurred, and have not encountered any compelling evidence that would shake my firmly held views.

There is one major flaw in the whole abduction theory.

As you state, an anesthesiologist can put a human to sleep, and that human would have no memory of the sleep period, as is true in any form of sleep, dreaming and such discounted.

However, an anesthesiologist uses a cocktail of drugs that paralyse and induce unconsiouness in a patient. This cocktail is a very sensitive mixture and is based on bio-chemistry of the subject, height, weight, condition, medical history etc etc. In short, that anesthesiologist has to have an in depth knowledge of not only the how the human body works, but also about that particular person. In theory, in order to successfully apply this sleeping condition, the instigator must already have in depth knowledge of human anatomy.

In theory any alien lifeform wanting in-depth knowledge about human anatomy has only to browse the internet, or visit a library to find out everything they need to know, from the circulatory system right up to how chemicals affect the various functions of the human body. No testing, abducting necessary. Infact I am sure a quick ad on Gumtree would yield plenty of willing test subjects, again no abduction necessary.

There are a number of things we can conclude, most of which point very negatively to this field of study. One is that Aliens are by our standards ruthless, barbaric savages that delight in unnecessary surgery, and frequently make the x lightyear journey in order to do just this

Two, That the Aliens are fundamentally stupid and naive and completely neglected to check any sources of referrence, of which there are many. Further to this, that if, as many claim they have been here since ancient times, they tend not to make records having to start at the begining time and time again.

Three, that they are benevolent beings who perform necessary surgery that saves lives, but they are just so shy they do it on the quiet.

Four, they are not performed by aliens at all, but are infact victims of strange criminal individuals, maybe even illegal donor rings.

Five, we are a source of food, and the miraculously advanced alien race has no means of producing their own food.

And six, which I think is the most profound, that those claimants of abduction have some really quite serious mental health issues, and should really go see a real doctor.

• Like 1

A real 'non-interference directive' might be more nuanced, and more scrupulously followed than one in a fictional production. The need in the former case is not to tell interesting stories, but to manage contact with naive planets.

There could be a range of different kinds of allowable contacts, based on a number of different, and probably changing, circumstances. There might be an intent in extraterrestrials to bring a planet along in a gradual process of contact, rather than wait until its inhabitants could travel to the stars, then suddenly reveal themselves.

Groups of persons claiming alien abductions have been subjected to standard psychological tests. They were found to be no more and no less mentally healthy than the population as a whole. The problem with alien abduction seems to be that it shares a good deal more with historical incidents of witch hysteria and fairy lore than with a logical human research program conducted by ETs. This could be deduced to show that all three were or are a societal and psychological phenomenon, and not objectively real.

It might also be argued that all three are grossly garbled accounts, heavily contaminated with pre-existing human preoccupations, of some sort of contact with another form of intelligent life. Given our current knowledge of the universe, physically real beings, like ourselves, living in the known universe seem the likeliest form of such life.

Seems like this idea would work only if ET looked just like us and had the same physical requirements (food, water, air etc).

Perhaps they look nothing like us. This could be overcome by them with some (a lot) of advanced knowledge and abilities in genetics.

We Earthlings have made tremendous leaps in recent years as far as genetic research. Cloning has already been accomplished with many animal species. It appears one major obstacle in cloning humans is the matter of ethics. Many countries forbid it completely. Ethics to ET's may be a moot point if they regard us the way we regard laboratory mice.

Seems ET's could "obtain" a bit of our genetic material, produce clones and then have them infiltrate our society. Perhaps these clones would not even be aware that they are products of an extraterrestrial laboratory in order to remove all bias from their experience...and the ET's are able to remotely "download" all experiences they have to learn about us.

Sounds far fetched, but a hundred years ago, the commonplace technologies we all use today would have been considered science fiction.

One hundred years of evolution on a cosmic scale isn't even a blip in time. If our technological development continues at the current accelerating rate, our decendants in another 100 years may regard us the way we currently regard life a thousand years ago.

The possibilities are only limited by our imaginations.

Then again...we may be the most advanced life within our galaxy. Perhaps the next closest is something akin to the tardigrade:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tardigrade

tardigrade_eyeofscience_960.jpg

• Like 1

Any advanced race, exploring our world, will study carefully, and will know how to make contact and who to make contact with. That will be the people who understand. I think that if the time comes, ET will handle it, and I could almost be certain that they will make contact with scientists...not governments or any religious group. Expecting them to be able to handle ET contact is almost laughable.

possible..but also quite possible that if they really wanted to understand humans they would by pass all institutions,our scientific individuals and all other acedemics and go directly into the population..covertly i might add Edited by khol

I have to agree with Hazzard, I think ET would contact those they consider to be the most reasonable (probably scientists). I doubt ET would want to deal with politicians or religious leaders.

From what I hear of Art Campbell, they seem to have some unusual fascination with sexually assaulting redneck hillbillies as far from any town or city as is possible.

But only shapeshifting ones that turn into supermodels.

tardigrade_eyeofscience_960.jpg

That is a cool pic, it looks like a water bear in a spacesuit. :D

I don't need no steenking spaceship, I can survive the vacuum of space!

Instead of spying, surely it would be far easier to just go to an Institute or University and just ask? I do not get the spying bit, I think people have been taking Star Treks prime directive a little too seriously. Even the Star Trek Captains broke it every other week.

Edited by psyche101
  • Like 1

possible..but also quite possible that if they really wanted to understand humans they would by pass all institutions,our scientific individuals and all other acedemics and go directly into the population..covertly i might add

Crack heads?

• Like 1