Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Paul Bearer Dead at 58

BiffSplitkins

] Paul Bearer[/b] -- the spooky WWE manager who helped introduce The Undertaker -- died Tuesday evening at the age of 58 ... this according to the WWE.

Bearer -- real name "Bill" Moody -- joined the WWE in 1990 ... playing the role of a creepy funeral director who managed various wrestling stars ... including Undertaker, Kane, Rick Rude, Vader and Mankind.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2013/03/05/paul-bearer-dead-wwe-legend-dies-bill-moody/#ixzz2MlyMA5gc

I always liked that guy. He was a great entertainer for sure.

• Like 3

another great gone, shame, he was one of the best personalities to ever be in the wrestling world. RIP bearer 10133657-large.jpg

• Like 2

Sad, sad, sad :( . One of the greatest, if not THE greatest manager in wrestling history. A true showman who helped to carry the Undertaker into the phenom he is today.

May he rest in peace

Edited by Lethanial
  • Like 3

I like'd him in his makeup, used to spooke me out. RIP

He's probably hanging out with Captain Lou Albano right now discussing managing techniques.

• Like 4

Sad news,i always got a good laugh whenever this guy started talking when i was a kid lol

Only 58? :blink: I thought he was at least in his 50's back 20 years ago when i was a wrestling fan.How time flies!

RIP Paul

• Like 1

Sad news,i always got a good laugh whenever this guy started talking when i was a kid lol

Only 58? :blink: I thought he was at least in his 50's back 20 years ago when i was a wrestling fan.How time flies!

RIP Paul

I was very surprised to find out that he was only 58 years old as well. I can't imagine how Mark William Calaway feels today.

I was very surprised to find out that he was only 58 years old as well. I can't imagine how Mark William Calaway feels today.

Yeah since they worked together for so long,now realizing the 2 were so close in age they were probably really good friends.

An extremely sad loss to the world of sports entertainment.

Paul Bearer is one of the guys who got me interested in wrestling in the first place.

One of the first storylines I saw was him and the Undertaker measuring Kamala's cabin for size.

He eventually nailed the African giant with a tombstone pile driver while Mr Bearer waved that urn in the air.

It's just his creepy voice and white face paint that brought himself and the Undertaker to life.

Then we had the storyline where he was Kane's dad.

Where he changed allegiance to his son in his feud with the Undertaker.

The fact that he's associated with one of the most loyal of wrestlers to McMahon makes him memorable as well.

And guess what? Kane is still here and one half of a tag team with Daniel Bryan.

There's bound to be a special edition of Raw or Smackdown.

RIP mate!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

My dad and I always felt that "Paul Bearer" was the most unique and creative gig the WWE ever came up with!

• Like 1