Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Transgender fighter wants to fight in the UFC

notoverrated

26 members have voted

1. 1. Should she be able to fight women?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure

'She' comes off as a wuss. She'd probably come off a lot better if she'd fight the men and command a lot more respect. Of course she has an advantage. Pathetic.

better article here right now her license is being investigated http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2013/03/transgender-fighter-fallon-foxs-mma-license-under-review

...personally im half and half on this im voting not sure but leaning towards no. she does have an advantage over other women without a doubt, but theres women in the fight game who im sure could beat alot of top quality fighters in the mens division if they wanted too.... very difficult situation for the commision to be in.

• Like 1

No way in hell should this be allowed,i am all for equality but this is BS!I wont put to much thought into it though,not a chance Dana will ever allow this.

• Like 1

No way in hell should this be allowed,i am all for equality but this is BS!I wont put to much thought into it though,not a chance Dana will ever allow this.

at the end of the day dana can only do so much now im not disagreeing with you but if she is licensed by the commision and as a female should she rack up more wins and continue to call out the ufc you can bet your ass hes going to be pressured and lobbied until he makes the fight wether its prelim or not. not saying i agree with it i dont know what to make of it. this is fairly new in the fight game there have been a few transgendered muay thai champs but none that i know of in boxing and as far as i know this is the first case in mma so this is something that should be addressed and properly mandated by the commisions

better article here right now her license is being investigated http://www.mmajunkie...se-under-review

...personally im half and half on this im voting not sure but leaning towards no. she does have an advantage over other women without a doubt, but theres women in the fight game who im sure could beat alot of top quality fighters in the mens division if they wanted too.... very difficult situation for the commision to be in.

it is a hard decision to make, either way your going to p*** off a bunch of people.

• Like 1

at the end of the day dana can only do so much now im not disagreeing with you but if she is licensed by the commision and as a female should she rack up more wins and continue to call out the ufc you can bet your ass hes going to be pressured and lobbied until he makes the fight wether its prelim or not. not saying i agree with it i dont know what to make of it. this is fairly new in the fight game there have been a few transgendered muay thai champs but none that i know of in boxing and as far as i know this is the first case in mma so this is something that should be addressed and properly mandated by the commisions

true, think they made a movie about one of them also if im not mistaken.

better article here right now her license is being investigated http://www.mmajunkie...se-under-review

Truth being told after the lower level fighters,no its not even close!Rhonda Rousey is top notch and world class,but she is the same weight class as urijah faber.Once urijah came to the ufc he is about upper mid-level and being honest if these 2 fought it would be so one sided it would be heartbreaking to watch.I have trained with every level of men and women in combat sports.This should never be allowed period!

• Like 1

it is a hard decision to make, either way your going to p*** off a bunch of people.

oh without a doubt there will be alot of anger from people regardless of the decision but its something that NEEDS to be adressed by the commision and mandated so the line is drawn.

true, think they made a movie about one of them also if im not mistaken.

Parinya Charoenphol, the beautiful boxer is the name of the movie

• Like 1

Truth being told after the lower level fighters,no its not even close!Rhonda Rousey is top notch and world class,but she is the same weight class as urijah faber.Once urijah came to the ufc he is about upper mid-level and being honest if these 2 fought it would be so one sided it would be heartbreaking to watch.I have trained with every level of men and women in combat sports.This should never be allowed period!

i dont think it should be allowed either in combat sports however im only saying that theres women out there that can hang with the best of em not just in mma but in boxing and muay thai perhaps me saying top quality fighters was too much but if an ann wolfe or lucille rijker in their primes fought some of the top fighters in their time oo man thatd been interesting. womens mma hasnt come around enough to where any single female is a pure mixed martial artist yet. thats not to disrespect them but womens mma is still in its infancy.

Edited by Iron_Lotus

didnt she just beat urijah? oh wait nevermind that was liz lol jk. and i wouldn't call urijah mid level, he basically only loses to champions.

Actually Dana has all the pull in this sport.He has bought up every competing brand that has come his way.When Gena Carano was champ people were pushing for a womens division and Dana stood his ground.Sure Gena can fight and is beautiful but Dana knew the difference.Once Rhonda came along sure you have a world class athlete who beat even men in judo at the olympics,this is still a far cry from a transgender man fighting a woman.Dana will NEVER allow this to happen.

• Like 1

didnt she just beat urijah? oh wait nevermind that was liz lol jk. and i wouldn't call urijah mid level, he basically only loses to champions.

That is funny liz did look like female urijah hahaha.I said he is upper mid level contender status basically

• Like 1

i dont think it should be allowed either in combat sports however im only saying that theres women out there that can hang with the best of em not just in mma but in boxing and muay thai perhaps me saying top quality fighters was too much but if an ann wolfe or lucille riker in their primes fought some of the top fighters in their time oo man thatd been interesting. womens mma hasnt come around enough to where any single female is a pure mixed martial artist yet. thats not to disrespect them but womens mma is still in its infancy.

there are very skilled women out there, but men have a advantage that would be very difficult to over come, perfect example would be guys from different weight classes fighting. BJ penn is a great fighter he just cant hang with the bigger guys in Welter weight, and thats how i would see a female fighter trying to compete in a mens weightclass.
  • Like 2

Actually Dana has all the pull in this sport.He has bought up every competing brand that has come his way.When Gena Carano was champ people were pushing for a womens division and Dana stood his ground.Sure Gena can fight and is beautiful but Dana knew the difference.Once Rhonda came along sure you have a world class athlete who beat even men in judo at the olympics,this is still a far cry from a transgender man fighting a woman.Dana will NEVER allow this to happen.

well he does run the biggest organization but quite a few organizations he snatched up were on their dying breath but thats an entirely different discussion :) btw its gina ;) lol. dana eventually came around because of ratings quality of fights and how much people actually wanted it, plus dana flip flops more than any man ive ever seen, gina lost her ticket to being the face of womens mma after she was crushed and exposed, rhonda has something gina never will and thats olympic credentials that and the press LOVES rhonda.

i dont think it should be allowed either in combat sports however im only saying that theres women out there that can hang with the best of em not just in mma but in boxing and muay thai perhaps me saying top quality fighters was too much but if an ann wolfe or lucille rijker in their primes fought some of the top fighters in their time oo man thatd been interesting. womens mma hasnt come around enough to where any single female is a pure mixed martial artist yet. thats not to disrespect them but womens mma is still in its infancy.

I can agree with this in a way some women have even better technique than their male counterparts,but one flush shot by a male can do far more damage to a female than a female can do to a male of the same size and experience.Not trying to offend any women but the chances of a female owning or fighting for a male division belt in boxing or MMA is 0%

• Like 3

there are very skilled women out there, but men have a advantage that would be very difficult to over come, perfect example would be guys from different weight classes fighting. BJ penn is a great fighter he just cant hang with the bigger guys in Welter weight, and thats how i would see a female fighter trying to compete in a mens weightclass.

oh absolutely limits of 6:1 levels of testosterone for men come to mind lol

I can agree with this in a way some women have even better technique than their male counterparts,but one flush shot by a male can do far more damage to a female than a female can do to a male of the same size and experience.Not trying to offend any women but the chances of a female owning or fighting for a male division belt in boxing or MMA is 0%

agreed.

• Like 2

well he does run the biggest organization but quite a few organizations he snatched up were on their dying breath but thats an entirely different discussion :) btw its gina ;) lol. dana eventually came around because of ratings quality of fights and how much people actually wanted it, plus dana flip flops more than any man ive ever seen, gina lost her ticket to being the face of womens mma after she was crushed and exposed, rhonda has something gina never will and thats olympic credentials that and the press LOVES rhonda.

Caught me on my misspelling lol havnt seen her in a bit haha.True gina lost her cred though due to a steroid freak of a woman,almost what any woman would have to abuse to even make contender status.

Caught me on my misspelling lol havnt seen her in a bit haha.True gina lost her cred though due to a steroid freak of a woman,almost what any woman would have to abuse to even make contender status.

lol i double taked it and said who the **** is gena haha

either way though i think my votes going to stay at not sure one thing i would like to see are testosterone levels and if fallon is on hormone therapy what that would do to her natural testosterone levels during training up to fight time, i know it would be unfair to put someone through more testing than what would be neccesary under other circumstances but this is something that doesnt happen often if at all.

Edited by Iron_Lotus

lol i double taked it and said who the **** is gena haha

either way though i think my votes going to stay at not sure one thing i would like to see are testosterone levels and if fallon is on hormone therapy what that would do to her natural testosterone levels during training up to fight time, i know it would be unfair to put someone through more testing than what would be neccesary under other circumstances but this is something that doesnt happen often if at all.

Agreed man sometimes you have a freak of nature,but with that thought let nature make the decision on that.Man made altering should not be allowed in such a dangerous sport.Which also leads to steroid abuse which is another topic entirely lol

Every time I read one of these stories it annoys me. There is no such thing as transgender, his body is male. I don't care how much surgery or hormone shots he's been taking, or how much he wants to be a woman, an X+Y chromosome means he is a male.

The only individuals who should be able to legally and socially choose their sex are hermaphrodites.

• Like 1

Why should it be allowed to fight woman

• Like 1

Every time I read one of these stories it annoys me. There is no such thing as transgender, his body is male. I don't care how much surgery or hormone shots he's been taking, or how much he wants to be a woman, an X+Y chromosome means he is a male.

The only individuals who should be able to legally and socially choose their sex are hermaphrodites.

Agreed wickian,this is setting a dangerous precedent for the future of sports.The NFL is already being refered to as the No Fun League,wait until there are a few female running backs who demand their way into the sport and get permanently injured or possibly killed.Same with combat sports they will then become so restricted by rules it will not even be worth watching,or banned completely.

This thread is just sad. Of course it shouldn't be allowed to fight women.

Funny to see the doublethink of people who believe we're all equal though. Should men who can't compete in male sports be allowed into female sports? Of course not, they'd dominate.

Edited by through the fire
  • Like 1