Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 4
Scudbuster

Edgar Mitchell says a lot.......

249 posts in this topic

.......in just a few minutes:

1 person likes this

That is his belief.... he, like the rest of UFOology, has no credible evidence whatsoever.

I guess it has been like 3 months since the last Edgar Mitchell disclosure thread?

So I suppose this was expected. We either have many Goldfish on the forum, or many of struggle with the search function.

It all comes down to:

I, nor any crew I was on (I was on three Apollo crews), received any briefing before or after flights on UFO events, saw anything in space suggesting UFOs or structures on the moon, etc. We did it just like we said in official reports. My only claim to knowledge of these events is from the individuals, mostly of yesteryear, who were in government, intelligence, or military; were there, saw what they saw, and now believe it should be made public. But I claim no first hand knowledge, nor have any. Pass it on to the rest of the net, if you will.

--Edgar Mitchell

5 people like this

Exactly, Dr. Mitchell is basing his personal opinion on what others have told him. At times all of us do this, we tend to believe people we trust. Most of Dr. Mitchell's beliefs surround what local people have told him about Roswell. Everyone is certainly entitled to their own opinion...Dr. Mitchell is no exception.

Edgar Mitchell was in a position to hear and know a lot more than your average citizen....his contacts with the military and intelligence community for example.

The way he expresses what he has heard and knows...in public...is naturally tempered with his obligations to legally binding National Security Oaths.

The naysayers try and brush away what he says as pure personel opinion.

But why would he go to all that trouble if he was not sure of his facts...?

He is a clever man who obviously knows the difference between personel opinion and information given by reliable sources....

3 people like this

He is a clever man who obviously knows the difference between personel opinion and information given by reliable sources....

The world is filled with people doing exactly the same thing as Mitchell. It doesnt matter if he is an astronaut, police officer, King or Queen, the same rules will apply,... Can he show undisputed hard evidence that ET visitation is real?

Answer - No he can not.

Ed Mitchell, Gordon Cooper, Clark McClelland (who was almost an Astronaut)... surelyeven the most hardened Skeptics must admit, the evidence for NASA's UFO Coverup is irrefutable. Logistical, in fact, one mgiht almost go so far as to say. :unsure2:

1 person likes this

Edgar Mitchell was in a position to hear and know a lot more than your average citizen....his contacts with the military and intelligence community for example.

And yet, he only has his opinion, and NO evidence. What about all the other astronauts who are in positions to know a lot more than the average citizen who DON'T believe in aliens? Do their opinions not count because they don't coincide with your agenda?

2 people like this

Hearsay and anecdotes ,same old,same old.

The way he expresses what he has heard and knows...in public...is naturally tempered with his obligations to legally binding National Security Oaths.

This is the old 'Get-out-of-reality-free' card that eager-believers play to trump first-hand testimony they wish to ignore.

Ed Mitchell, Gordon Cooper, Clark McClelland (who was almost an Astronaut)... surelyeven the most hardened Skeptics must admit, the evidence for NASA's UFO Coverup is irrefutable. Logistical, in fact, one mgiht almost go so far as to say. :unsure2:

Irrefutable? I don't think that word means what you seem to think it means.

We've dealt with the ravings of Clark McClelland in some detail, anybody who think his stories deserve the slightest credibility has a serious reality-denial problem.

Mitchell and Cooper have been explicit -- they never encountered any UFO coverup while at NASA. That's their first-hand experience testimony. What is your problem in believing it?

Irrefutable? I don't think that word means what you seem to think it means.

We've dealt with the ravings of Clark McClelland in some detail, anybody who think his stories deserve the slightest credibility has a serious reality-denial problem.

Mitchell and Cooper have been explicit -- they never encountered any UFO coverup while at NASA. That's their first-hand experience testimony. What is your problem in believing it?

So do you put no value in Mitchells belief?

Do you not think Mitchell is an intelligent man who is not one to just buy any anecdote given to him and claim it as truth?

And yet, he only has his opinion, and NO evidence. What about all the other astronauts who are in positions to know a lot more than the average citizen who DON'T believe in aliens? Do their opinions not count because they don't coincide with your agenda?

and what position would you have to be in to be in the 'know'?

Hearsay and anecdotes ,same old,same old.

at least your response is original

Can he show undisputed hard evidence that ET visitation is real?

Answer - No he can not.

Wouldn't matter if he could.... you would debunk it and say it was false anyhow.
1 person likes this

It all comes down to:

I, nor any crew I was on (I was on three Apollo crews), received any briefing before or after flights on UFO events, saw anything in space suggesting UFOs or structures on the moon, etc. We did it just like we said in official reports. My only claim to knowledge of these events is from the individuals, mostly of yesteryear, who were in government, intelligence, or military; were there, saw what they saw, and now believe it should be made public. But I claim no first hand knowledge, nor have any. Pass it on to the rest of the net, if you will.

--Edgar Mitchell

So Mitchell is walking the fine line between keeping his oath to NASA (to not directly contradict official information) while still trying to shed light on the 'other things' he knows about?

Not hard to fathom since his pension surely depends on keeping that oath. He is still taking quite a risk, though...that should tell us much about the importance he places on those 'other things'.

Edgar Mitchell should not be so quickly dismissed, despite what the gaffers around here keep trying to peddle.

Is there an oath they hve to swear to not directly contradict official Information?

Is there an oath they hve to swear to not directly contradict official Information?

lol...not as far as you know

So do you put no value in Mitchells belief? Do you not think Mitchell is an intelligent man who is not one to just buy any anecdote given to him and claim it as truth?

I think Mitchell is a very intelligent and innovative man. And he believes what he says, and is not playing games with 'secret information' he possesses but is somehow forbidden to reveal.

When he makes assertions that can be checked -- such as his claims for a successful private ESP experiment during a moon flight -- I actually READ the paper and assess whether his methodology supports his conclusions.

Have you ever read Mitchell's Apollo-14 ESP experiment paper? Or do you just accept second-hand hypes of it?

Which of us do you suppose has a more realistic appreciation of Mitchell's credibility in his interpretive claims? The guy who checked, or the guy who never bothered to?

Only among current Obama Administration flunkies.

I've dealt with classified materials in the DoD. You may take an oath not to reveal things you were responsible for, that had been classified. I've never seen any oath requiring you to lie to the public.

When Mitchell states that Apollo was flown exactly as was publicized, and neither he nor any astronaut he knew had ever had any space UFO encounters, what is it in your own head that insists on believing he is a liar? Isn't that the ultimate in reality-denying closed-mindedness?

1 person likes this

Wouldn't matter if he could.... you would debunk it and say it was false anyhow.

That depends,... No matter what I think and believe reality is hard (if not impossible) to debunk.

It all comes down to the evidence. What is offered by the UFO community doesnt even come close.

Only among current Obama Administration flunkies.

I've dealt with classified materials in the DoD. You may take an oath not to reveal things you were responsible for, that had been classified. I've never seen any oath requiring you to lie to the public.

When Mitchell states that Apollo was flown exactly as was publicized, and neither he nor any astronaut he knew had ever had any space UFO encounters, what is it in your own head that insists on believing he is a liar? Isn't that the ultimate in reality-denying closed-mindedness?

I don't think my own head insists on that; I can't vouch for others' heads, and what they might feel about it, mind.

So Mitchell is walking the fine line between keeping his oath to NASA (to not directly contradict official information) while still trying to shed light on the 'other things' he knows about?

Not hard to fathom since his pension surely depends on keeping that oath. He is still taking quite a risk, though...that should tell us much about the importance he places on those 'other things'.

Edgar Mitchell should not be so quickly dismissed, despite what the gaffers around here keep trying to peddle.

I do not dismiss the marvellous achievements of Apollo 14. In fact, I think I am the only one to actually quote him other than the OP. But it is plainly obvious that he was always a wee bit eccentric. There is a thread here delving into Edgars "sources" which include Bob Lazar, Stephen Greer and some cattle ranchers. If you feel some of his claim bear closer inspection, please note which one and why. I'd be more than happy to discuss any claim that you think bears mentioning.

So do you put no value in Mitchells belief?

Do you not think Mitchell is an intelligent man who is not one to just buy any anecdote given to him and claim it as truth?

Hi Q

You did not ask me, but I know you will accomodate me :D

I do not put value in his belief, no, he also believes in ESP and remote viewing, and he is rather religious, I do not subscribe to any one of those. But I would give my eyeteeth to swap places with him on Apollo.

Cheers.

Posted (edited)

eyeteeth

:unsure2:

Edited by DBunker

The naysayers try and brush away what he says as pure personel opinion.

What security Oaths? Did you just make some up? And if he is bound by one, why does he not say, "I cannot say, I am bound by oath"? That's not a breach. But if Edgar had some insight, it would be a good way of doing what he advocates.

What trouble? How many times has he said people seek him out? The papers are lapping up having another Astronaut besides Cooper to give them juicy stories. They encourage and misinterpret most of what Edgar has to say, which is why he had that interview with Lisa Bonnice - to clear the air. Even in that interview, Dr Mitchell himself stated that he had no idea how things had managed to get so out of proportion.

The only naysayers are those who claim more than he has to tell. They refuse to accept Dr Mitchell at his own words, those being:

--Edgar Mitchell

1 person likes this