Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 4
Scudbuster

Edgar Mitchell says a lot.......

249 posts in this topic

A good chunk of this mess is that Mitchell was duped by Greer. Greer lost so much credibility in recent years that that Mitchell has made it clear publicly that he has distanced himself from him because of Greer's radical and unproven theories and claims. Snakeoil.

I think Mitchell made a good choice...I'll bet he doesn't have one of these on his phone...from Greer's latest:

GreersLatest.png

Apple approved that?

Ed Mitchell Most Unhappy With Greer Using His Name As Disclosure Witness

Cannot blame him, I think even Bob Lazar would not want to hook up with Greer LOL.

Posted (edited)

You could try listening to what Edgar has to say. He was not keen to come forth, people he had known his entire life felt he was trustworthy and did indeed approach him. I am not making out anything, I am relaying exactly what has n=been said, you are making out there is more to his words than one sees at face value. He says people literally tugged at his sleeve to hold him up to tell him their stories.

For someone who....you say...'was not keen to come forth'...he has been very busy for years relaying what he was told etc...

Did you just make that 'not keen' bit up psyche..?

He didn't have to say anything in public, but he chose to...that much is obvious.

I am not downplaying anything Bee, you are doing what the papers are, and taking one line from a sentence and making the rest up. You are embellishing and exaggerating Edgars words to build up a fantasy that in reality does not exist.

You are definately downplaying what Mitchell has to say....And I am not embellishing or exaggerating anything. Just quoting him.

Why did you doctor his message then Bee? Do you not have confidence in it's entirety? Why did you purposefully not post the last sentance from the daily fail?

it was:

Reading the papers recently, it's been happening quite a bit.

'

Reading the papers Bee?

So how's that work? All this inside information, but Dr Mitchell relies on the paper like everyone else in the world?

That bit was not relevant to the core 'message'...it was obviously a throw away remark...but one that you have jumped on

to try AGAIN..to downplay what he has to say...

He has heard a few anecdotes and promised his long term friends that their fantasies would see the light of day. After that, you made the rest up.

I've made nothing up...but you seem to think that he has gone out on a limb publically to relay 'fantasies'.....

Do you think Mitchell thought they were fantasies?

In this 1998 interview with John Earls, Edgar Mitchell says....

Make no mistake, Roswell happened. I've seen secret files which show the government knew about it — but decided not to tell the public.

http://www.timstouse.com/UFOs/edgarmitchell.htm

So what do you think about that? He is saying he saw secret files....

I have always said that IMO Mitchell would not be saying what he does unless he was sure of his facts...

:)

Edited by bee

A good chunk of this mess is that Mitchell was duped by Greer. Greer lost so much credibility in recent years that that Mitchell has made it clear publicly that he has distanced himself from him because of Greer's radical and unproven theories and claims. Snakeoil.

I think Mitchell made a good choice...

Well it seems that was all just a storm in a teacup (12 years ago) as it looks like Edgar Mitchell is going to have a slot in Greer's upcoming

new documentary 'Sirius'.....

[media=]

[/media]

Around 11:20, he (Mitchell) says....

"Dr Greer did indeed mount an initiative and did go to Washington. Did speak with high level government people. Did present some

of the witnesses we talked about there - to give briefings and has asked for Congressional Hearing on these matters - I attended

and helped him with that .........."

***snipped****

Ok thanks for detailed response Jim.

I will look into your links and come back to you.

In the meantime any ideas how Edgar came up with the 3000-1 figure? or what series of data this was extrapulated from..??

Posted (edited)

For someone who....you say...'was not keen to come forth'...he has been very busy for years relaying what he was told etc...

Did you just make that 'not keen' bit up psyche..?

He didn't have to say anything in public, but he chose to...that much is obvious.

Hi Bee

No, he had no message to bring forth. If you listen to what he has to say, he was trusted by people who wanted him to take their messages out there for him. Some cattle ranchers with some camp fire stories that has really spooked them.

Here is the interview again:

H+: So the “briefing” you had with the Admiral of the Intelligence Committee for the Joint Chiefs of Staff — that was you briefing them on what you had been told, and not the other way around?

EM: Right. Let me give you the whole story, from the very beginning.

From the beginning, of course, is that I grew up in the Pecos River Valley, near Roswell. I was going into my senior year of high school, in 1947, when the so-called “Roswell Incident” took place. It appeared in the Roswell Daily Record one day that an alien craft had crashed. However, on the next day, it was reported to be a “weather balloon.” And that was the end of that, as far as I was concerned. I was on my way off to college, and I wasn’t concerned about this thing at all.

However, many years later, once I had been to the Moon and back, even though my family no longer lived in the Pecos River Valley, I went back there on a speaking tour. I guess since I’d been to the Moon, and was a local boy, it made me somewhat credible. I was grabbed by several of the local “old timers” who were there in 1947 during the Roswell incident and were involved in it in one way or another. (These folks will remain nameless, even though they’re all dead now.) They’d tug at my sleeve at some event and say “can I talk to you a minute?” Then they would tell me their story about how they were involved in either the recovering of bodies, or directing traffic, or some such thing. They felt for sure that it was a real alien event. They didn’t want to go to the grave with their knowledge and considered me a safe source to tell. They pulled on my sleeve to say, “I want to tell you about it.”

See Bee, he had nothing to "come forth" with himself, and he says he knows nothing that he can come forth with.

H+: Did you see anything alien on the Moon when you were there?

EDGAR MITCHELL: No, not at all.

You are definately downplaying what Mitchell has to say....And I am not embellishing or exaggerating anything. Just quoting him.

LOL, really Bee, keep telling yourself that! All I have done is quote the man, you are the one who is reading between the lines.

That bit was not relevant to the core 'message'...it was obviously a throw away remark...but one that you have jumped on

to try AGAIN..to downplay what he has to say...

I've made nothing up...but you seem to think that he has gone out on a limb publically to relay 'fantasies'.....

So you are making nothing up, then what's all this nonsense about a core message? You made that up Bee. Exaggeration, and embellishment. Edgar Mitchell does not indicate any core message at all.

I, nor any crew I was on (I was on three Apollo crews), received any briefing before or after flights on UFO events, saw anything in space suggesting UFOs or structures on the moon, etc. We did it just like we said in official reports. My only claim to knowledge of these events is from the individuals, mostly of yesteryear, who were in government, intelligence, or military; were there, saw what they saw, and now believe it should be made public. But I claim no first hand knowledge, nor have any. Pass it on to the rest of the net, if you will.

--Edgar Mitchell

All you accomplish Bee, is being a pain in Edgars side with reading between the lines and making stuff up:

LB: As we were mentioning before the show started, you really stirred up a hornet’s nest, strangely enough, and like you said, you’ve been saying this for years.

EM: I don’t know what really got things stirred up, perhaps it was the Larry King show. I don’t know.

Do you think Mitchell thought they were fantasies?

Not at all, that is not what Edgar said, he said he believes other people who claim to have inside knowledge.

In this 1998 interview with John Earls, Edgar Mitchell says....

http://www.timstouse...garmitchell.htm

So what do you think about that? He is saying he saw secret files....

I have always said that IMO Mitchell would not be saying what he does unless he was sure of his facts...

:)

Bee, I think you should read it. It does not say "Government files" it says "secret files" that he claims the Government knew about, and for all I know, he may have got that information from Lazar or Greer.

He is sure of his facts, his facts are some people he grew up with believe the media interpretation of Roswell.

Edited by psyche101

Posted (edited)

Well it seems that was all just a storm in a teacup (12 years ago) as it looks like Edgar Mitchell is going to have a slot in Greer's upcoming

It will be interesting to see what Edgar has to say about that.

Documentary??? Sirius is in no way a "Documentary". If the preview is anything to go by, Edgar's bit looks like old footage.

Edited by psyche101
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Serious ! Its a Sirius way to make money ! Nothing wrong with that,Dr.Mitchell has been doing this for quite a long time ! More power to Him ! Look at How well the Stk`s are doing now ?

Now Thats An Alien Idea I like ! :tu:

p.s We chose what to believe and what to read,Its the Understanding of the Facts and Truths That elude most of the people most of the Time.

Edited by DONTEATUS
1 person likes this

All I know is that this man has been places and seen things that nearly all of us never will. He seems to think there is more to the story than we are being told. I'd not be too quick to discount that we aren't being told the whole truth. After all, we are talking about one of the most secretive organizations on the Planet Earth....the United States Government.

Posted (edited)

All I know is that this man has been places and seen things that nearly all of us never will. He seems to think there is more to the story than we are being told. I'd not be too quick to discount that we aren't being told the whole truth. After all, we are talking about one of the most secretive organizations on the Planet Earth....the United States Government.

Edgar himself says he knows nothing, other people have told him stuff he believes and that is the whole truth. He personally says post that information on the net, not to mention in the interview with Lisa Bonnice that I have already quoted, Edgar agrees that the story is all blown out of proportion. Crikey Moses, if the mans word is not good enough, what is? The only people who think Edgar Mitchell knows something about Aliens are the UFOlogists!

H+: Were you ever officially briefed by the government about UFOs?

EM: No. Not at all.

Edited by psyche101

Serious ! Its a Sirius way to make money ! Nothing wrong with that,Dr.Mitchell has been doing this for quite a long time ! More power to Him ! Look at How well the Stk`s are doing now ?

Now Thats An Alien Idea I like ! :tu:

p.s We chose what to believe and what to read,Its the Understanding of the Facts and Truths That elude most of the people most of the Time.

Well said D, people are certainly choosing what to read and what to believe where Edgar is involved.

Posted (edited)

[media=]

[/media]

Around 11:20, he (Mitchell) says....

"Dr Greer did indeed mount an initiative and did go to Washington. Did speak with high level government people. Did present some

of the witnesses we talked about there - to give briefings and has asked for Congressional Hearing on these matters - I attended

and helped him with that .........."

And it was all Greer created codswallop. Do you not remember Edgar Mitchell distancing himself from Greer saying he began to continuously overreach his data? This is one of the things he was talking about.

At least seven years ago (http://www.ufoeviden...ents/doc788.htm), Greer was telling audiences about extracting a pledge from Wilson during that meeting to investigate special access projects involving UFO technology. But shortly thereafter, Greer claimed Wilson reported that he didn’t have the proper security clearance to inspect those files.

As Greer informed a Portland, Ore., audience in 2001, Wilson said, “ ‘I am horrified that this is true. I have been in plenty of black projects, but when we tried to get into this one,’ he was told, and I quote, ‘Sir, you do not have a need to know.’ The head of intelligence Joint Staffs. You don’t have a need to know. Neither did the CIA director, and neither did the president.”

This story has been circulating on the Internet ever since, and made it into Greer’s book “Hidden Truth, Forbidden Knowledge,” last year. But the thing didn’t sprout legs until Mitchell began discussing the meeting during what turned out to be a media blitz in July.

Mitchell avoided all mention of Wilson’s name, but in a July 4 appearance on “Larry King Live,” the moonwalker told CNN audiences he’d learned the admiral “had found the people responsible for the cover-up and for the people who were in the know and were told, I’m sorry, admiral, you do not have need to know here and so, goodbye.”

Now an executive with a Minnesota-based defense contractor, Wilson told De Void he accepted Mitchell’s 1997 request “because he was a former astronaut and maybe had more credibility than some person off the street.” Wilson says he doesn’t remember who else attended that meeting, but he admitted “a certain amount of curiosity” about allegations of deep-black UFO projects.

“What is true is that I met with them,” Wilson said in a phone interview. “What is not true is that I was denied access to this material, because I didn’t pursue it. I may have left it open with them, but it was not especially compelling, not compelling enough to waste my staff’s time to go looking for it.”

Mitchell told De Void he never heard directly from Wilson after their initial meeting, but he says he trusts the veracity of the unnamed sources who told him of Wilson’s inability to penetrate security.

LINK

​Greer made Edgar Mitchell look a bit of a fool here for his own gain. Not something I thought you would advocate?

Edited by psyche101

Hi Bee

No, he had no message to bring forth. If you listen to what he has to say, he was trusted by people who wanted him to take their messages out there for him. Some cattle ranchers with some camp fire stories that has really spooked them.

[snip]

He is sure of his facts, his facts are some people he grew up with believe the media interpretation of Roswell.

Hi Psyche....

a couple of good examples of you trying to downplay what Mitchell has to say there.... :D

you seem to think some locals read the newspapers then sat around the campfire telling spooky stories.

Then asked Mitchell to go out and tell everyone about it.

Talk about embellishing what EM has to say with your own interpretation !!!...lol... :P

And it was all Greer created codswallop. Do you not remember Edgar Mitchell distancing himself from Greer saying he began to continuously overreach his data? This is one of the things he was talking about.

LINK

​Greer made Edgar Mitchell look a bit of a fool here for his own gain. Not something I thought you would advocate?

How, in heavens name you think this is an example of Greer making Mitchell look 'a bit of a fool'....is beyond me.

from your link...

Mitchell said he was “shocked” by Wilson’s response to De Void, but added, “I do not wish to engage him on this matter.”

Steven Greer refused to back down.

“I was there and know what was said,” he stated in an e-mail. “I was also informed prior to the meeting that, after sending him a secret document with UFO-related code names and numbers, that he located one of the compartments but was specifically denied access to the operation.”

I think you are over-reaching the data....

To separate and pitch Greer against Mitchell appears to be a popular tactic for the active naysayers.

Clinging on to one or two comments made many years ago......

Crikey Moses, if the mans word is not good enough, what is?

Are these words good enough....?

My training at NASA only allows me to look at things scientifically. Even if I hadn't been shown evidence of alien landings on Earth, the assumption must be that somewhere in the universe another planet is capable of supporting alien life.

note.....'shown evidence'

:tu:

You know the best thing? If and When we get Contact,THen Dr. Mitchell & ME can Say "I told you So ?

Hi Psyche....

a couple of good examples of you trying to downplay what Mitchell has to say there.... :D

Hi Bee

Thanks for recognising that the examples were good, nice of you to note. But I only quoted the man, you are the only one in this conversation putting any words into mouths.

You keep saying I am "downplaying" something without saying just what, how about an example, and something to support the embellishments you keep winding further up?

you seem to think some locals read the newspapers then sat around the campfire telling spooky stories.

Well, largely, yes. Mostly people who were at the initial incident that have been further hyped up by media exaggerations.

Then asked Mitchell to go out and tell everyone about it.

Are you denying that is what Edgar Mitchell says happened? Remember the bit about tugging at his sleeve? Edgar's own words.

Talk about embellishing what EM has to say with your own interpretation !!!...lol... :P

Instead of making baseless accusation filled with assumption, could you actually offer one such example? Because the be frank, your speaking out of your rear orifice now.

So these aliens can fly trillions of miles through space yet they are such bad pilots that they crash landed on Earth? I find that difficult to believe. If they are so advanced I highly doubt that they ever crashed on Earth. It doesn't make any sense.

Art

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

How, in heavens name you think this is an example of Greer making Mitchell look 'a bit of a fool'....is beyond me.

from your link...

I think you are over-reaching the data....

To separate and pitch Greer against Mitchell appears to be a popular tactic for the active naysayers.

Clinging on to one or two comments made many years ago......

LOL, Bee, I honestly doubt that it is "beyond you" but lets play your game I suppose. Why do you think that Edgar said that?

LINK

(Edgar Mitchell) I cooperated with Steve Greer some years ago, but he began to overreach his data continuously, necessitating a withdrawal by myself, and, I believe, several others. I have requested to be removed from any web site, announcements, etc., but see that has not taken place. (Jack Sarfatti) Typical of politically-based influence operations. The real motive of the Press Club Event was the issue of militarization of space not UFOs, on which reasonable well meaning people can differ of course. Since many millions of voters believe UFOs are real, getting control of the UFO movement clearly is a top priority for all the players. (Edgar Mitchell) Although I firmly believe it is time for openness and disclosure by government, I object to being misused in this fashion and acquire guilt by association with certain claims that simply are not true.

Notice that last sentence Bee? What do you think that might be referring to? I know you would be like a pig in mud to see these men team up, but even Edgar's charitable nature was worn thin with Greer's nonsense.

Edited by psyche101

Are these words good enough....?

note.....'shown evidence'

:tu:

Who showed him this evidence? Old timers? Bob Lazar? Stephen Greer? I know it was not Admiral Wilson.

From your link:

The stories I have heard from these people, who are more highly qualified than me to talk about UFOs, leave me in no doubt that aliens have already visited Earth.

I've been interested in the subject since I joined NASA 40 years ago. Probably my most visionary moment was when I actually landed on the moon with Apollo 14.

I felt an overwhelming sense that the universe itself is in some way a conscious being in its own right. This means that all life-forms, whether on Earth or elsewhere, are all part of one giant consciousness.

So when I learned that aliens really do exist, I wasn't too surprised. But what did shock me when I started investigating extra-terrestrial reports a decade ago is the extent to which the proof has been hushed up.

It isn't just the US government which has kept quiet about alien visits. It would be arrogant of an American like myself to assume that ETs would only choose to visit my country.

This is why Edgar believes, he had an epiphany in space, that made him open to Aliens stories, as he says, he has not seen one, but like so many, he is passionate about the subject, and has taken a step forth into his belief, his above statement contradicts itself. Earth Governments are the biggest reason the ETH does not work. He does not know a single thing, and he says so, it's this overwhelming feeling of being a part of the first people to bounce of this rock.

Edgar's epiphany - LINK

I personally do not have much time for personal hippy BS. That answers no questions. Even if one is an Astronaut.

So these aliens can fly trillions of miles through space yet they are such bad pilots that they crash landed on Earth? I find that difficult to believe. If they are so advanced I highly doubt that they ever crashed on Earth. It doesn't make any sense.

Art

Hi Art

I agree, none of it does. One has to literally shoehorn ET into most claims, and without Stanton Friedman, nobody would even have thought to make up some aliens to push into the Roswell tale.

You know the best thing? If and When we get Contact,THen Dr. Mitchell & ME can Say "I told you So ?

But, what about if we ask them about Roswell and they go

what.jpg

But, what about if we ask them about Roswell and they go

what.jpg

I love how discussion about ETs always has "them" as "them" - it could easily have been belonged to a different exploration company. Or university. Maybe they check their records and go "what? but that registration number's been parked in the dry dock for seventy years! Zlobaxx, go and check it. Actually LOOK at it. What's that? It's gone you say? Checked out by a bunch of guys who've been on sick leave for seventy years? What is WRONG with you people?!"

Then they sue us for patent infringement and possession of a spacecraft with an expired license disc.

1 person likes this

It will be interesting to see what Edgar has to say about that.

Documentary??? Sirius is in no way a "Documentary". If the preview is anything to go by, Edgar's bit looks like old footage.

You can't do or say anything with Greer unless you sign your content over to him and sign a non-disclosure agreement. I was involved with his organization back in the days of the disclosure project and was getting ready to go on one of his expeditions.

Part of the paperwork included signing a non-disclosure agreement!

I said what?? Everything you say/do is geared toward full disclosure.

Snake oil salesman and nothing else.

2 people like this

true.... but these dudes on here, the ones with the biggest mouths........ unless NASA "told them" they don't believe squat. Or even give new theories any sort of credibility... because The "GOVT DIDNT TELL THEM ITS RIGHT". Thats the sort of mentality we are dealing with here unfortunately.

Posted (edited)

I love how discussion about ETs always has "them" as "them" - it could easily have been belonged to a different exploration company. Or university. Maybe they check their records and go "what? but that registration number's been parked in the dry dock for seventy years! Zlobaxx, go and check it. Actually LOOK at it. What's that? It's gone you say? Checked out by a bunch of guys who've been on sick leave for seventy years? What is WRONG with you people?!"

Then they sue us for patent infringement and possession of a spacecraft with an expired license disc.

LOL, Douglas Adams comes to mind....................

‘There’s no point acting all surprised about it. All the planning charts and demolition orders have been on display in your local planning

department in Alpha Centauri for fifty of your Earth years, so you’ve had plenty of time to lodge any formal complaint and it’s far too late to start

making a fuss about it now.

So we probably should have reported the accident, and now face an Intergalactic charge not to mention tampering with evidence......

Edited by psyche101
1 person likes this