Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 4
Scudbuster

Edgar Mitchell says a lot.......

249 posts in this topic

Where NASA messed up is those test pilots turned astronauts live on adrenaline. Problem is there is a long list of UFO landings, UFO Landing feet cases, scambling after UFOs. I do not believe astronauts would be talking about UFOs, details that others report, if there was nothing to it. It's more likely the astronauts are brave enough to go against the monster of a sad system we live in. Astronauts who are brave enough to talk about the truth are still the hero's.

Yes Edgar Mitchell spoke out, he said:

I, nor any crew I was on (I was on three Apollo crews), received any briefing before or after flights on UFO events, saw anything in space suggesting UFOs or structures on the moon, etc. We did it just like we said in official reports. My only claim to knowledge of these events is from the individuals, mostly of yesteryear, who were in government, intelligence, or military; were there, saw what they saw, and now believe it should be made public. But I claim no first hand knowledge, nor have any. Pass it on to the rest of the net, if you will.

--Edgar Mitchell

When a mans words wont do there is always imagination. That is all you have. Is Edgar saying "I am bound by oath"? He is saying "nothing happened".

Cooper is always held up because he likes to put the boot into those who denied him, why not ask Allan Shepherd why Cooper disagrees with the statement provided by Edgar Mitchell above?

You lot make a mockery of these men and their achievements just like Zoser does with the AA nonsense. When you lot are finished Edgar Mitchell will be remembered as the ET kook, not the 6th man to walk on the moon, and that is why ETH'ers do not deserve to be respected.

Edited by psyche101

<snip>

You lot make a mockery of these men and their achievements just like Zoser does with the AA nonsense. When you lot are finished Edgar Mitchell will be remembered as the ET kook, not the 6th man to walk on the moon, and that is why ETH'ers do not deserve to be respected.

Hey mate,

Frankly, I seriously doubt that. Those with some knowledge (which would be the vast majority) would readily disregard the ET kook nonsense and and respect Cooper for his actual accomplishments and not some cooked up ET stories.

Cheers,

Badeskov

1 person likes this

I vaguely recall the debunker explanation you are referring to. Problem is from reading many UFO landing cases where landing feet are also described, the Edwards landing story seems very plausible.

Lousy sidestep there.

And no, it does not seem very plausible.

If Gordon Cooper wasn't really there then he either heard something or saw the footage and was hushed up. I don't not believe Gordon Cooper is lying about UFOs. Why would astronauts go out on a limb like that? It's more like a reaction to something real and that is being covered-up. Gordon Cooper know's he's making people mad by talking. Like I said, these old astronauts live on adrenaline. Trying to hush them up or attack them will only make the Gordon Cooper's mad.

Of course you would believe it. You grasp at every straw left hanging.

"Astronauts" do not go out on a limb, each one has a very different experience and epiphany to share, with Cooper, he has a case of sour grapes to share. I respect what he did, I find it very hard to respect his actions since Shepherd was granted captain of Apollo 13, obviously later relocated to Apollo 14 and 13 reassigned to Lovell.

Ain't it a massive coincidence that the Astronaut with bad blood is the one reporting seeing flying saucers.

All of Gordon Cooper's UFO testmony fits what others have reported.

As a speaker at UFO clubs and the poster boy for UFOlogy, what on earth would you expect?

Hey mate,

Frankly, I seriously doubt that. Those with some knowledge (which would be the vast majority) would readily disregard the ET kook nonsense and and respect Cooper for his actual accomplishments and not some cooked up ET stories.

Cheers,

Badeskov

Gidday Bade

I find though that if one Googles Edgar Mitchell, one gets more results on aliens than one does about his real accomplishments. With people so dependant on the net, I do feel this is the wrong thing to do. I personally know a young man whom I know grew up with e good education tried to tell me recently that man did not land on the moon. I was deeply saddened as I know the young man well, and I told him that I was very disappointed in him as I know he had a better education than that, which he seems to have rejected.

I also noticed that when I watched "When We Left Earth" That Coops and Edgar got almost no mention. Many others were interviewed, and goodness knows Edgar enjoys a camera (did he ever sort that NASA Mess out?) but those two got a wide berth. And I guess one canot blame anyone for the decision consider the controversial nature of the alternate agenda these two developed in the interim, with I am sure, plenty assistance from irresponsible media sources.

With so many on the net these days, and so few reading books, I do fear this is a very real concern. I expose my children to as much as is possible with regards to real history but people like Zoser make out an exciting new alternate exists, when it does not.

I hope your right, but I feel perhaps a tad optimistic.

Cheers.

Edited by psyche101

Jim - here's another military individual - Gen. Nathan Twining - with specific comments - now you can't overtly reject this now can you?

Lt. Gen. Nathan F. Twining, then-head of Air Material Command's intelligence and engineering divisions at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base (then Wright Field), compiled and analyzed the data. Twining's memorandum to Schulgen, dated 23 September 1947, stated, in part:[8]

• The phenomenon reported is something real and not visionary or fictitious.
  • There are objects probably approximately the shape of a disc, of such appreciable size as to appear to be as large as a man-made aircraft.
  • There is the possibility that some of the incidents may be caused by natural phenomena, such as meteors.
  • The reported operating characteristics such as extreme rates of climb, maneuverability (particularly in roll), and action which must be considered evasive when sighted or contacted by friendly aircraft and radar, lend belief to the possibility that some of the objects are controlled either manually, automatically or remotely.
  • It is possible within the present U.S. knowledge... to construct a piloted aircraft which has the general description ...
  • Any development in this country along the lines indicated would be extremely expensive...

If you read the entire memo, it is rather demystified.

(This is a transcription from the original memo. As much as possible, the original format has been preserved.)

SUBJECT: AMC Opinion Concerning "Flying Discs

TO: Commanding General

Army Air Force

Washington 25, D.C.

ATTENTION: Brig. General George Schulgen

AC/AS-2

1. As requested by AC/AS-2 there is presented below the considered opinion of this command concerning the so-called "Flying Discs." This opinion is based on interrogation report data furnished by AC/AS-2 and preliminary studies by personnel of T-2 and Aircraft Laboratory, Engineering Division T-3. This opinion was arrived at in a conference between personnel from the Air Institute of Technology, Intelligence T-2, Office, Chief of Engineering Division, and the Aircraft, Power Plant and Propeller Laboratories of Engineering Division T-3.

2. It is the opinion that:

a. The phenomenon is something real and not visionary or fictitious.

b. There are objects probably approximating the shape of a disc, of such appreciable size as to appear to be as large as man-made aircraft.

c. There is a possibility that some of the incidents may be caused by natural phenomena, such as meteors.

d. The reported operating characteristics such as extreme rates of climb, maneuverability (particularly in roll), and motion which must be considered
evasive
when sighted or contacted by friendly aircraft and radar, lend belief to the possibility that some of the objects are controlled either manually, automatically or remotely.

e. The apparent common description is as follows:-

(1) Metallic or light reflecting surface.

(2) Absence of trail, except in a few instances where the object apparently was operating under high performance conditions.

(3) Circular or elliptical in shape, flat on bottom and domed on top.

(4) Several reports of well kept formation flights varying from three to nine objects.

(5) Normally no associated sound, except in three instances a substantial rumbling roar was noted.

(6) Level flight speeds normally above 300 knots are estimated.

f. It is possible within the present U.S. knowledge -- provided extensive detailed development is undertaken -- to construct a piloted aircraft which has the general description of the object in sub- paragraph (e) above which would be capable of an approximate range of 7000 miles at subsonic speeds.

g. Any development in this country along the lines indicated would be extremely expensive, time consuming and at the considerable expense of current projects and therefore, if directed, should be set up independently of existing projects.

h. Due consideration must be given the following:-

(1) The possibility that these objects are of domestic origin - the product of some high security project not known to AC/AS-2 or this Command.

(2) The lack of physical evidence in the shape of crash recovered exhibits which would undeniably prove the existence of these subjects.

(3) The possibility that some foreign nation has a form of propulsion possibly nuclear, which is outside of our domestic knowledge.

3. It is recommended that:-

a. Headquarters, Army Air Forces issue a directive assigning a priority, security classification and Code name for a detailed study of this matter to include the preparation of complete sets of all available and pertinent data which will then be made available to the Army, Navy, Atomic Energy Commission, JRDB, the Air Force Scientific Advisory Group, NACA, and the RAND and NEPA projects for comments and recommendations, with a preliminary report to be forwarded within 15 days of receipt of the data and a detailed report thereafter every 30 days as the investigation develops. A complete interchange of data should be affected.

4. Awaiting a specific directive AMC will continue the investigation within its current resources in order to more closely define the nature of the phenomenon. Detailed Essential Elements of Information will be formulated immediately for transmittal thru channels.

LINK

I do believe the Lost Shamans Intel Ops Roswell Hypothesis relies heavily on this memo, which indicates that the UFO Phenomena is something the military is interested in learning more about, and an operation to divert the attention of the public is recommended to allow an unbiased investigation.

Rather than indicate this is proof of ET, I feel it is strong evidence to suggest that the famous Roswell Incident was staged. This seems corroborated by the recovery of several RAWIN's in the area during the incident's time frame. That drew the attention of the public whilst the USAF was left to study the UFO phenomena unhindered. I bolded the last line, which seems to pretty much say exactly this.

UFO's are agreeably real, and not at all fictitious, only the connection to ET is fictitious.

Edited by psyche101
1 person likes this

Right - but given the current state of affairs - secrecy, denial, feigned indifference, etc , this is all we have to go on - testimony from military & NASA folks.

Problem is I fins is that it is misused. How many times have I posted Edgar Mitchell's own words saying he saw nothing in space, but herd stories on the ground,l yet people still think he saw something in space. 7 pages and Edgars words have been posted several times, yet the ETH'ers do not take note of them. They grabe the words, take the authority of Edgars accomplishment s and then use that to read between the lines to create their own tale. Never has Edgar once said, or implied that he has ever seen anything, he has been very clear about his information coming from outside of this workplace, but accuses his workplace, so the media confuses the two, and people believe it.

It's all contrived.

1 person likes this

Gidday Bade

I find though that if one Googles Edgar Mitchell, one gets more results on aliens than one does about his real accomplishments. With people so dependant on the net, I do feel this is the wrong thing to do. I personally know a young man whom I know grew up with e good education tried to tell me recently that man did not land on the moon. I was deeply saddened as I know the young man well, and I told him that I was very disappointed in him as I know he had a better education than that, which he seems to have rejected.

I also noticed that when I watched "When We Left Earth" That Coops and Edgar got almost no mention. Many others were interviewed, and goodness knows Edgar enjoys a camera (did he ever sort that NASA Mess out?) but those two got a wide berth. And I guess one canot blame anyone for the decision consider the controversial nature of the alternate agenda these two developed in the interim, with I am sure, plenty assistance from irresponsible media sources.

With so many on the net these days, and so few reading books, I do fear this is a very real concern. I expose my children to as much as is possible with regards to real history but people like Zoser make out an exciting new alternate exists, when it does not.

I hope your right, but I feel perhaps a tad optimistic.

Cheers.

Gidday Psyche,

You may be right and I am probably the eternal optimist in that respect, but I do hope that the kook crowd will not prevail and soil his legacy with these silly stories.

Cheers,

Badeskov

2 people like this

Gidday Psyche,

You may be right and I am probably the eternal optimist in that respect, but I do hope that the kook crowd will not prevail and soil his legacy with these silly stories.

Cheers,

Badeskov

Gidday Mate

Deep down, I really hope you are right and I am wrong, but when I watched "When We Left Earth" and noticed a distinct lack of Mitchell/Cooper footage and opinion, I had to feel sad right then and there. These men might have been led astray into the land of woo woo, but as you say, it does not for one second detract from the amazing feats and accomplishments we have seen from these men, and the inspiration they give us to push harder which well exceeds their lifespans and accomplishments.

I just hope of we point out to a few what the kooks are doing that word might get around on the good side, I would hate for a new mind to have such a bad impression to be the first thing imprinted on it. I'd like to have more faith in mankind, but when we get even Nuclear Physicists running around and making up Aliens that seem to have become a part of everyday culture, and believed, my faith in humanity falters. That people look up to these kooks and believe they are 100% genuine is a diservice to social order I feel, particularly for the kooks whom we know, know better. I just expect educated people to be more responsible, but alas, that is too big an ask.

Cheers.

Edited by psyche101

Problem is I fins is that it is misused. How many times have I posted Edgar Mitchell's own words saying he saw nothing in space, but herd stories on the ground,l yet people still think he saw something in space. 7 pages and Edgars words have been posted several times, yet the ETH'ers do not take note of them. They grabe the words, take the authority of Edgars accomplishment s and then use that to read between the lines to create their own tale. Never has Edgar once said, or implied that he has ever seen anything, he has been very clear about his information coming from outside of this workplace, but accuses his workplace, so the media confuses the two, and people believe it.

It's all contrived.

No argument with you there - what I heard was the accumulation of stories that others confided in him over the years.

1 person likes this

It's a valid question to look into Mitchell's 'will to believe' paranormal interpretations of events, such as his bold but fatally sloppy space ESP experiment results. I'm intrigued by his accoun t of Uri Geller's success at 'teleporting' a lost personal item, a broken tie tack, during a meeting at Geller's home. Mitchell had challenged him to teleport back his camera he left on the Moon. Not long afterwards, the tie tack 'mysteriously' dropped out of thin air in front of him.

My simple question is -- did Mitchell drive his own car to Geller's home, and in the hours between the challenge to teleport something impossible, and the appearance of the tie tack, had Mitchell's car been locked? To be blunt, would it have been possible for some trickster -- as we know Geller to always have been -- to have snuck outside [or sent a confederate outside] to rifle behind the car seat cushions and elsewhere to dig out the detritus of years of living that EVERYbody's car seats accumulate? And opportunistically discover a personal item that he could then dramatically conjure up with a flick of his wrist in front of a clearly eager-to-believe Mitchell?

Such a scenario, along with his remote-healing experience, would help establish a consistent pattern of gullibility and willful misinterpretation in which the Roswell UFO tales fit very nicely.

It's a valid question to look into Mitchell's 'will to believe' paranormal interpretations of events, such as his bold but fatally sloppy space ESP experiment results. I'm intrigued by his accoun t of Uri Geller's success at 'teleporting' a lost personal item, a broken tie tack, during a meeting at Geller's home. Mitchell had challenged him to teleport back his camera he left on the Moon. Not long afterwards, the tie tack 'mysteriously' dropped out of thin air in front of him.

My simple question is -- did Mitchell drive his own car to Geller's home, and in the hours between the challenge to teleport something impossible, and the appearance of the tie tack, had Mitchell's car been locked? To be blunt, would it have been possible for some trickster -- as we know Geller to always have been -- to have snuck outside [or sent a confederate outside] to rifle behind the car seat cushions and elsewhere to dig out the detritus of years of living that EVERYbody's car seats accumulate? And opportunistically discover a personal item that he could then dramatically conjure up with a flick of his wrist in front of a clearly eager-to-believe Mitchell?

Such a scenario, along with his remote-healing experience, would help establish a consistent pattern of gullibility and willful misinterpretation in which the Roswell UFO tales fit very nicely.

That's quite possible, I had always assumed that Edgar gave Uri a god description, and Uri simply hunted down a similar item. It seems some time since Edgar had seen it, so I am not entirely convinced it was "The" Tie Tack. Edgar seems all to eager for a healthy result, I have no doubt his enthusiasm got the better of him.

No argument with you there - what I heard was the accumulation of stories that others confided in him over the years.

Indeed, but some of those stories came from sources like Stephen Greer and Bob Lazar, not the best references.

Hello Jim,

I looked at the links you provided but still cannot find the specifics of his 'test'. Without the numbers I cannot see how we can understand which of, either his 3000-1 odds or the more 'skeptical' touted 25-1 is correct.

With regards to the tie tack discussed above, didnt he say this happened in a 'lab' somewhere also when only he and one other person was present?

I can see how the car could 'possibly' be a plant but not so much the other (if this is true of course)

hmmm as for Mitchell and ' willful misinterpretation ' ....I havent seen this happen can you again please be specific as to where this has happened.

thanks

Where NASA messed up is those test pilots turned astronauts live on adrenaline. Problem is there is a long list of UFO landings, UFO Landing feet cases, scambling after UFOs. I do not believe astronauts would be talking about UFOs, details that others report, if there was nothing to it. It's more likely the astronauts are brave enough to go against the monster of a sad system we live in. Astronauts who are brave enough to talk about the truth are still the hero's.

Actually a test pilot who lived on adrenaline wouldn't last very long. The thing you need to be a test pilot is not to be an adrenalien junkie, it's to be calm and methodical. As they say, there are old pilots, and there are bold pilots, but there are no old, bold pilots.

1 person likes this

Actually a test pilot who lived on adrenaline wouldn't last very long. The thing you need to be a test pilot is not to be an adrenalien junkie, it's to be calm and methodical. As they say, there are old pilots, and there are bold pilots, but there are no old, bold pilots.

Lousy sidestep there.

And no, it does not seem very plausible.

It's just spin drivel. Someone disputes Cooper. This someobe could be covering things up or lying.

All the UFO testimony by Gordon Cooper matches what others have reported. He could be making up stories but I tend to believe UFOs are bieng covered-up and the gist of such testimony is true.

Of course you would believe it. You grasp at every straw left hanging.

"Astronauts" do not go out on a limb, each one has a very different experience and epiphany to share, with Cooper, he has a case of sour grapes to share. I respect what he did, I find it very hard to respect his actions since Shepherd was granted captain of Apollo 13, obviously later relocated to Apollo 14 and 13 reassigned to Lovell.

Ain't it a massive coincidence that the Astronaut with bad blood is the one reporting seeing flying saucers.

As a speaker at UFO clubs and the poster boy for UFOlogy, what on earth would you expect?

More spin doctoring nonsense.

Although they were not involved in any UFO sightings, astronauts Eugene Cernan, Edgar Mitchell, and Harrison Schmitt have spoken out in the possibility that earth has been visited by extraterrestrials.

Gordon Cooper, astronaut who observed UFOs stated, "Intelligent beings from other planets regularly visit our world in an effort to enter into contact with us...NASA and the American government know this and possess a great deal of evidence. Nevertheless, the remain silent in order not to alarm people....I am dedicated to forcing the authorities to end their silence."

Rumor purports that Apollo 11 astronauts observed and filmed two UFOs that landed near the lunar module. The film has supposedly been put under tight security wraps by NASA. The agency denies that any such sighting ever occurred.

:yes:

It's just spin drivel. Someone disputes Cooper. This someobe could be covering things up or lying.

What is drivel is still trying to believe without bothering to investigate the supplied information, which makes more sense than the extraordinary claim. You see a bullet coming for your favourite camp fire story and you are trying to dodge it.

All the UFO testimony by Gordon Cooper matches what others have reported. He could be making up stories but I tend to believe UFOs are bieng covered-up and the gist of such testimony is true.

As I said, of course it does, Coops is on the net, in the papers, every place he can be - like he has a vendetta. And there is reason to believe he does. Allan Shepherd. THis is inspiration to people, when blockbuster movies come out it inspires UFO reports, sometimes as part of a marketing campaign, sometimes just because the subject is hot. The gist is Sci Fi.

More spin doctoring nonsense.

Well, Quillius see's that as a positive trait, and he is better at this than you are, so I am OK with that.

LOL, ohhhh the encyclopedia of UFO's !!

Although they were not involved in any UFO sightings, astronauts Eugene Cernan, Edgar Mitchell, and Harrison Schmitt have spoken out in the possibility that earth has been visited by extraterrestrials.

Big deal so have I, we may even have received an alien signal with the WOW! signal, but no convincing evidence to confirm interstellar visitation exists.

There are two types of believers I feel, one lot down there with the Ickes, the Lazars, the Adamski's, The Stitichin's, and because some of that fringe group wave qualifications around people think there is some sort of genuine investigation is going on, but people like Friedman and Greer still belong at the bottom of the barrel with the other verified crackpots. But there is hope, the Drakes, the Hawking's, the Hynek's, the Sagan's who rise above this rubbish to actually show some real initiative and try so solve this conundrum of how to reach out to other species. This is the contingent that the other borrows credibility from to get as far as they do, but despite their personal evaluations of themselves, they only contribute toward a reverse momentum with regards to the subject.

Gordon Cooper, astronaut who observed UFOs stated, "Intelligent beings from other planets regularly visit our world in an effort to enter into contact with us...NASA and the American government know this and possess a great deal of evidence. Nevertheless, the remain silent in order not to alarm people....I am dedicated to forcing the authorities to end their silence."

In an effort? You have got to be kidding me? A species can cross space and they struggle to make contact with an intelligent species?

What alarm? What a load of malarky, I sure hope you do not think ORson Wells is some sort of support for this outrageous nonsense. The world has evolved and developed, we are not in war times, there is no fear, that is a crock. I cannot believe you would be sucked in by such corny rhetoric.

Private Enterprise has the means to monitor space just as well as the Government, in fact NASA is becoming if not already largely privatised. So you can take the Government element back out again.

Rumor purports that Apollo 11 astronauts observed and filmed two UFOs that landed near the lunar module. The film has supposedly been put under tight security wraps by NASA. The agency denies that any such sighting ever occurred.

:yes:

Please do go on.

Worst%252Btroll%252BI%252Bve%252Bseen%252Bin%252Ba%252Bwhile%252B_75b433786b334ae67bc15fc0d2a60009.gif

Come on, ante up, I know the tale, spit it out man, who tells that tall tale? Lets analyse your claim shall we?

It's just spin drivel. Someone disputes Cooper. This someone could be covering things up or lying.

All investigation into his stories shows that exactly the opposite is true. Every other claimed witness, everyone else involved directly or peripherally with these alleged Cooper events, tells stories mutually consistent but grossly at variance with the 'Cooper version'. And you can check this out youself -- see for example the James McCampbell account of the 1957 Edwards AFB event.

Is it your view that EVERYONE ELSE is lying?

Now, the notion that UFO Cooper's stories might be 'improved' or dramatized to please his intended audiences would suggest that he did this consistently in related fields such as space flights he made. And when checking his versions of his space missions, indeed one finds many examples of exactly that: enhancement of garbled half-facts that are again totally inconsistent with every other historical record and recollection of these space flights.

Where do you draw the line in admitting Cooper MAY have severely distorted ANY of his stories?

Mitchell, we all agree, was relaying hearsay. He had no personal experience in space or on Earth.

Re Cernan and Schmitt: That's what Sachs says they said, but nobody seems to be able to find any source where THEY are directly quoted as saying it. I have known both men for decades. They both assure me that any alleged quotations of theirs supporting the idea of secret proofs of alien Earth visits are bogus, made up by writers to thrill their target audiences.

This is supposedly a quotation from an Italian journalist named Ferrando, a translation from Italian of the original article that translated from English. The original interview transcript and tape seem to have vanished from this planet, if they ever existed at all.

Rumors do indeed purport this. All alleged participants and sources of such stories calmly explain, again and again, that the rumors are BS, counterfeit mind-candy for naive UFO nuts.

You seem determined to cling to non-evidenced rumors while resolutely closing your mind and eyes to checkable investigative reports on these claims. Is there any evidence you can offer, in the face of this pathetic behavior, that you are actually a reasonable, rational, straight-thinking human being?

2 people like this

You're taking the film The Right Stuff as evidence of the day to day work of a test pilot? (and note I'm talking about the everyday work of a Test pilot, not one-off occasions like breaking the Sound barrier).

Edited by Lord Vetinari
2 people like this

You seem determined to cling to non-evidenced rumors while resolutely closing your mind and eyes to checkable investigative reports on these claims. Is there any evidence you can offer, in the face of this pathetic behavior, that you are actually a reasonable, rational, straight-thinking human being?

This is one of those not so flattering personality traits topsecretresearch share with many of the ET on Earth believers.

Sad really.

This is one of those not so flattering personality traits topsecretresearch share with many of the ET on Earth believers.

Sad really.

TSR is soooo old school it is amusing. It's like he is stuck in the 70's.

Just reading this interview with Edgar.

It seems that both the 'car story' and the 'being alone in a lab' are both incorrect.

http://www.uri-geller.com/mitch.htm

1 person likes this

Just reading this interview with Edgar.

It seems that both the 'car story' and the 'being alone in a lab' are both incorrect.

http://www.uri-geller.com/mitch.htm

Thanks for the link!

We can still presume Mitchell drove his own car to SRI. So an opportunistic search of it remains a plausible suggestion. A problem is that he recalls losing the tie clasps in Houston, which we might assume he did not drive to. But did he lose them there, or only notice they were missing, there?

Other interesting comment from forty years ago:

You think progress is being made?

I think we'll probably make a breakthrough soon. We will probably perfect the mechanisms to detect these energy fields. We'll probably come up with a better theory as to how all of this works, how it relates to body mechanics and relativity. When that happens it will be a whole new wonderland to look at.

1 person likes this

Well, at least we can take solace in the fact that the government always presents the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth! :tsu:

1 person likes this

Thanks for the link!

We can still presume Mitchell drove his own car to SRI. So an opportunistic search of it remains a plausible suggestion. A problem is that he recalls losing the tie clasps in Houston, which we might assume he did not drive to. But did he lose them there, or only notice they were missing, there?

Other interesting comment from forty years ago:

You think progress is being made?

I think we'll probably make a breakthrough soon. We will probably perfect the mechanisms to detect these energy fields. We'll probably come up with a better theory as to how all of this works, how it relates to body mechanics and relativity. When that happens it will be a whole new wonderland to look at.

Yes he may well have driven there, and yes good points about 'where did it actually vanish/get lost', but I thought according to the interview it was not found in the car at all?!? also I wonder where the 'alone in the lab' phrase originated? He clearly states that he was not alone in the interview. Such exaggerations/misleading wording though should not be blamed on Edgar himself though IMO.

not too sure where you are going on the 40 year old comment?