Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Your past may come back to haunt you.

pantodragon

It just shows that I'm human.

You really think that will stand up as a defence in court? You have to understand that when someone is out to convict you, they take a very, very hostile standpoint. That things "balance out" or that you're "only human" won't wash.

That's something a lot of people need to realise about the internet- it's there forever.

Someone close to me just learnt the dangers of Facebook, after posting something about a parent of a child she teaches (no names or suburbs were listed) and the parent found the page and worked out it was them.

• 2 weeks later...

Reading between the lines, it sounds like you've had problems with hackers and/or stalkers in the past. I hope that things have improved for you. It's hard to shake all of the vestiges of past encounters when you've undergone pseudo-traumatic experiences with snoops who try to violate your privacy. It's difficult to not be paranoid.

Well they are only bit players.However there is a troll currently knocking about on Facebook.What gets me about this guy is the fact that he's supposed to be on our side.He's just consumed by jealousy and it showed through his posting.He's all about wishing the applicants good luck with the Social Enterprise but what trips him up is two things which could prove he's being ironic.

The first thing was that he thought the Social Enterprise was all about favouritism and how high up you were with the general manager.So he thought there was a pre- ordained list with all the successful applicants. But in repeated requests he refused to answer apart from "lol ha ha".He was just whistling in the wind.The second thing made him look an hypocrite.He didn't apply for any of the jobs in the first place.Because he's in a wheelchair he could have reprised his former role as a payroll clerk.He didn't so all that was left was shopfloor jobs.However you have to stand up on these jobs.Instead of being magnanimous in everybody's good fortune he continued to rant like a child like he's got a divine right.

The reason why I thought this would bite me in the ass is because two nights ago even before the jobs had been sorted out I had a right royal go at him in Facebook.At first I was pretty mild with him and even evoked wheelchair icons Ironside,Lincoln Rhyme and Stephen Hawking to help him pull himself together.However it escalated to the point where I ended up telling him to suck it up.So when this thread finished I thought I had ended with my epitaph.But actually it was me who was on the side of the angels and it further enhanced my job prospects.I got a gazillion likes while he became the laughing stock in that particular corner of Facebook.

So the next day I promised I wouldn't boast on Facebook if I got the job.I had the hopeful impression that this guy would hold his council.He didn't because a couple of other successful applicants couldn't help themselves.What ensued next was one of the most weirdest and capitvating nights on Facebook.This guy just jumped on even the most innocuous comments.So I hit him back with an artillery of jokes and even yawning gestures.However I was still flavour of the month.Because I was still posting on my ex- workmates behalf whether or not they were successful.Well apart from him because I had already written him off as a troll.

So that's why I've been quiet in here.

Edited by G Donnelly