Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Indian starving children’s fund misused

Ashotep

A fund of millions of dollars raised to help malnourished children in western India has been diverted to maintain public buses, a report said on Friday.

The “Child Nutrition Surcharge” was set up 16 years ago to collect a small percentage of each bus ticket fare in major cities in Maharashtra state, where thousands of children die from malnutrition each year.

But public transport officials say that millions raised have yet to be transferred to the state treasury because they allegedly need the funds to maintain buses and keep them on the road, the NDTV news channel reported.

Indian starving children’s fund used to fix buses

• Like 1

Well, there's a surprise!

• Like 6

This could be justified by saying maintaining infra stucture help the regions economy, making making it easier for everyone to eat. If people are so dead set on feeding people then I suggest sending food and not money.

• Like 2

This could be justified by saying maintaining infra stucture help the regions economy, making making it easier for everyone to eat. If people are so dead set on feeding people then I suggest sending food and not money.

All the time the Indian government can find money enough to send space probes into orbit I suggest we send nothing!

• Like 4

All the time the Indian government can find money enough to send space probes into orbit I suggest we send nothing!

Good point. Teach them to prioritize.
  • Like 3

From the article....

"Varsha Gaikwad, the state’s minister for children and women’s development, said she had been unaware the fund existed...."

:cry:

• Like 3

Unaware the fund existed, no wonder people are starving in India. The government has no idea what is going on.

• Like 3

Unaware the fund existed, no wonder people are starving in India. The government has no idea what is going on.

Hmmm, I wonder which other government that reminds me of...............

• Like 2

Hmmm, I wonder which other government that reminds me of...............

Most of them.
  • Like 3