Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Heightism Bigotry exposed on Twitter

ali smack

https://twitter.com/expsnghghtsm

This is just horrible.

These people are just idiots who quite frankly aren't worth the time. Obviously horrible shallow women.

Some of these comments are horrific, saying they wan't all short guys to die.

And saying they think guys under 6foot are useless WTH?

Absurd, to think the amount of short successful men about.

Can't stand Heightists, especially due to being 5 foot 5 myself.

I'm just glad I don't come across any of these awful girls

This is just horrible.

These people are just idiots who quite frankly aren't worth the time. Obviously horrible shallow women.

LMAO sorry but i cant believe this to be real.I have never heard of heightism if that is a real thing then possibly one of the dumbest things ever haha

• Like 3

How about the all the awful men who call tall women "ugly cows", "tall as a moose", "hideous Amazons"?

Are men to be excused for their part in "heightism" because all women are supposed to petite cute little things?

BTW, I'm 5'8" and have been called all of the above. I've even been left standing on a dance floor when the guy decided I was just "too tall to dance with". This stuff works both ways.

• Like 5

This is just horrible.

They are called the modern day feminist. These are one of the reasons why soo many guys from the western world seek eastern women. These feminist would give you nothing but heartaches and headaches. They go through relationships like changing their socks everyday. Do yourself a favour, try and find an old fashioned girl if you can. Or go to the east and get one. Stay away from feminists(women with high egos). Good luck

ya know... sometimes i wish my gender would just keep their yaps shut about women.... it hurts reading things sometimes...

hating someone based on their height REGARDLESS of their sex is pathetic and sad.... and kinda stupid, and those people are not worth a single second of attention

• Like 3

How about the all the awful men who call tall women "ugly cows", "tall as a moose", "hideous Amazons"?

Are men to be excused for their part in "heightism" because all women are supposed to petite cute little things?

BTW, I'm 5'8" and have been called all of the above. I've even been left standing on a dance floor when the guy decided I was just "too tall to dance with". This stuff works both ways.

Sorry to hear that lilly my sons mother is 5'10 1/2 in Even though we are not together anymore i would never say she was ugly actually very far from it

My best friend is six foot ,and she will wear heels.I once got into a fight with a group of guys for calling her gigantor.

. Every guy I've ever loves ,liked tall women . I hadn't a prayer .

All of Hollywood dates models. Don't sweat it .

It does work both ways... I'm 5'1" on a good day... my little sister is 6'0" ... She almost never dated because she was considered by men to be "scary", too tall, and an Amazon at times. I remember her having one boyfriend in high school, then she met a man in college (yes, he was 6'7") and they dated for years. When they broke up, she didn't have another date for 8 years... until, she got back together with her college boyfriend and married him.

I've always dated men well over 6'... that's not because I have a preferance for them though. It's actualy kind of inconvenient to be honest. haha. I think in my entire life I"ve dated 2 guys under 6', none stuck around for longer than a couple of months. I would have dated shorter men, but none ever expressed any interest. Huh.

• Like 1

tall ladies, short ladies, yall are beautiful :)

Look at big pimpin here left out the medium height ladies HEIGHTIST!!! JK :lol:

• Like 3

Look at big pimpin here left out the medium height ladies HEIGHTIST!!! JK :lol:

lmao ;)

• Like 1

I was always attracted to brawny men 6'0" around 200 pounds, because the men in my family are all at least that and it was what I was used to.

When I met my husband, it was love at first sight and all these years later he is still very lean at 6'0" 175 pounds. I never looked back. I did date a couple of guys who were about my height 5'7", but they didn't last. They were more or less rebound guys that were a lot of fun and we knew it for what it was. :P I don't have anything against shorter guys, but I prefer tall, dark and handsome...so shoot me.

• Like 1

So, the little men were insecure. That would be about the time I pat them on their tiny little heads and send them on their way. :yes:

• Like 3

So, the little men were insecure. That would be about the time I pat them on their tiny little heads and send them on their way. :yes:

LMAO :lol:

• Like 2

I'm 5'1" on a good day... my little sister is 6'0" .

That's a huge height difference! Are you half-sisters or step-sisters? One seldom sees full sisters like that. They say that girls inherit their heights from their dads.

LMAO sorry but i cant believe this to be real.I have never heard of heightism if that is a real thing then possibly one of the dumbest things ever haha

It is a LITTLE absurd, isn't it? Just a wee bit over the top? sorry, my evil twin couldn't resist.

• Like 2

To expect men to be taller than women (to consider ideal heights per gender: men above 5'10", women below 5'6") isn't the right way to find dates, that's what. Heightism coupled with sexism can be downright cruel and society's prefences for height, weight or appearance may keep some people from finding love. From reading the twitter page link shows the bias they exhibited toward shorter men aren't the kind of women I want to associate with. <__<

• Like 1

... From reading the twitter page link shows the bias they exhibited toward shorter men aren't the kind of women I want to associate with. <__<

Exactly, when this kind of thing happens you know to scratch the offending person off your list of potential friends or dates. Now that I'm older this stuff bothers me far less, but when I was younger it was often quite hurtful. Nowadays I just chalk up any rude remarks as being the ramblings of the mean spirited and I move on.

• Like 1

Well I agree that is just as bad.But I have not said that men should excused. I don't think any Heightists should be excused. It's a stupid and horrific thing

• Like 1

This is nothing new,and this song was a huge hit .

• Like 1

They are called the modern day feminist. These are one of the reasons why soo many guys from the western world seek eastern women. These feminist would give you nothing but heartaches and headaches. They go through relationships like changing their socks everyday. Do yourself a favour, try and find an old fashioned girl if you can. Or go to the east and get one. Stay away from feminists(women with high egos). Good luck

What a load of crap :P Height has nothing to do with feminism, and feminism is not the equivalent of a woman with an ego. Not all Western women are feminists (which I suggest you learn the true meaning of before reading the rest of this), just as Eastern women are not all submissive and subservient. Feminists are all headaches and heartaches? Come on now, dry your tears and be a big boy.

If you're going to persecute women/men for wanting equality and choice (not 'superiority'), you're the next caveman (or woman ;) ) waiting to be wiped out by people who have a double-digit count of brain cells, and the nads to deal with a woman short or tall, reserved or out there.

Edited by HeartsAreForBreaking
  • Like 3

There's no longer a stigma attached to being a tall girl or a tall woman, and that's as it should be. In fact, some males prefer tall females, but you seldom see females who prefer short males. There still seems to be a stigma attached to being a short male. Is that unfair, or is it just a matter of choice?

It is what it is. People tend to put stock into other peoples ideas, ridiculous ideas that become more than what they are.People who judge others, for whatever petty reason, be it height, weight, I.Q, looks, don't deserve the time of day. Let them be miserable, by themselves or with like minded morons. Don't let other peoples stupidity bother you, it's not your burden.

• Like 2

It is what it is. People tend to put stock into other peoples ideas, ridiculous ideas that become more than what they are.People who judge others, for whatever petty reason, be it height, weight, I.Q, looks, don't deserve the time of day. Let them be miserable, by themselves or with like minded morons. Don't let other peoples stupidity bother you, it's not your burden.

It's true that people shouldn't judge other people based on those traits. What about dating preferences, though? Is it wrong for a woman to prefer a smart and tall man? Of course, I'm not referring to the ones in the first post in this thread.

People can prefer whomever they wish, it's when they start degrading others who don't fit their ideal that it becomes an issue.

Edited by the1truebat
  • Like 6