Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Heightism Bigotry exposed on Twitter

ali smack

https://twitter.com/expsnghghtsm

This is just horrible.

These people are just idiots who quite frankly aren't worth the time. Obviously horrible shallow women.

Some of these comments are horrific, saying they wan't all short guys to die.

And saying they think guys under 6foot are useless WTH?

Absurd, to think the amount of short successful men about.

Can't stand Heightists, especially due to being 5 foot 5 myself.

I'm just glad I don't come across any of these awful girls

Well apart from procuring a taffy- pulling machine what can we do?

No theoretical device isn't going to stop the snidy comments.

I'm actually quite short as well at a measly 5'6.

However I don't get much stick over my height even from gossiping girls.

I don't feel like I'm getting the short straw though.

And besides I don't even take notice of Twitter.

So their death threats are like water off a duck's back.

Edited by Medium Brown

Tall dark and handsome has never worked out for me. Short bald and fat has.

• Like 1

Tall dark and handsome has never worked out for me. Short bald and fat has.

It's a blind date but some of my hair has grown back!

People who are this shallow can't possibly lead happy lives. How unfortunate for them.

Nothing wrong with having personal preferences though.

• Like 1

It's getting hard to keep up with all these isms. Back in the olden days it had only the one name; ignorance.

• Like 5

That's a huge height difference! Are you half-sisters or step-sisters? One seldom sees full sisters like that. They say that girls inherit their heights from their dads.

We're full sisters and we're even the spitting image of each other; she's just my giant carbon copy. haha. Our parents are what I'd deem as "average" height. Our father is 5'10" mom is 5'4". Now, going back another generation... our paternal grandmother was 5'11" and our maternal grandmother was 4'9". LOL.

My daughter is 4'10"... her father is 6'4". So I don't think that wives tale holds very true.

• Like 2

I like tall chicks, I don't have to get up to reach the bread for them.

HAHAHAHAHA! I'd be retired if I had a dollar for everytime I shouted out "Hey! I have tall-guy work in here for you!" LOL. That usually means there's something I can't reach on the top cabinet shelf without climbing up on the counters. Now granted, if I lived alone, nothing would end up on those shelves... so whatever is up there... the tall guy probably put it there in the first place. haha.

• Like 2

We're full sisters and we're even the spitting image of each other; she's just my giant carbon copy. haha. Our parents are what I'd deem as "average" height. Our father is 5'10" mom is 5'4". Now, going back another generation... our paternal grandmother was 5'11" and our maternal grandmother was 4'9". LOL.

My daughter is 4'10"... her father is 6'4". So I don't think that wives tale holds very true.

Thanks for the explanation. You might be one of the relatively few people who wore their younger siblings outgrown clothes and shoes. Height genes are unpredictable things. The women in my clan range from 4'11 to 5'11. The men range from 5'8 to 6'4. One of my ancestors was 7' tall! People always thought that he stood on a ladder or a platform when he was behind his store's counter. They freaked out when he hopped over it.

• Like 1

You know what?The best things do come in small packages.

If you look through Elijah Wood's career you'll soon understand.He's been unlikely heroes in The Faculty and Lord Of The Rings.However he's still eclipsed by Cruise.While Harry Styles gets mobbed by adoring girls.Not the kind of thing you would harbour murderous thoughts over.That's if you overlook Cruise's Scientology lifestyle.It could be me saving the universe next.I'm a right pocket rocket!

Edited by G Donnelly

You know what?The best things do come in small packages.

That's what I told my wife when I had shrinkage. The old saying likely referred to diamond rings in wee boxes.

• Like 2

I saw a study on TV (more a social experiment) where three equally attractive and charismatic men were interviewed by a group of women. At the end, the women got to give their preferences to who they liked most. Two of then were quite tall and polled roughly equally, the short guy fell behind a long long way. Maybe he just wasn't charismatic enough?

So let's try the experiment again, this time with all three men standing behind a podium that no one could see behind, and put the short man on a box to make him appear as tall. Then a new batch of women came to interview them. This new batch split the votes almost exactly equal between all three.

Women prefer tall men (statistically speaking).

Edited by Paranoid Android

I saw a study on TV (more a social experiment) where three equally attractive and charismatic men were interviewed by a group of women. At the end, the women got to give their preferences to who they liked most. Two of then were quite tall and polled roughly equally, the short guy fell behind a long long way. Maybe he just wasn't charismatic enough?

So let's try the experiment again, this time with all three men standing behind a podium that no one could see behind, and put the short man on a box to make him appear as tall. Then a new batch of women came to interview them. This new batch split the votes almost exactly equal between all three.

Women prefer tall men (statistically speaking).

I might have seen the same show. The women preferred the taller men even when the shorter man had more to offer. They chose height over traits like income and intelligence. It was quite sad.

• 2 weeks later...

That's what I told my wife when I had shrinkage. The old saying likely referred to diamond rings in wee boxes.

Well engagement rings besides I still think it's a good description of go-getting dwarfs!

Well engagement rings besides I still think it's a good description of go-getting dwarfs!

You coined a new term. We could replace "Napoleon Complex" with it.

You coined a new term. We could replace "Napoleon Complex" with it.

It's a good thing because I don't want poisoned dwarfs associated with my name!

Edited by G Donnelly

It's a good thing because I don't want poisoned dwarfs associated with my name!

I don't blame you. BTW, what's a "poisoned dwarf"?

• Like 1

I don't blame you. BTW, what's a "poisoned dwarf"?

It's actually a bit of British "work" slang for any short person that gets on your nerves.

There's actually a good career out of being short if you start off young.A flat race jockey.But first off you need to start an apprenticeship at a local stables.The trainer will have you mucking the stables out and leading out the horses at the racecourse before the real jockeys mount.So he's a stable hand.If he starts off with some work on the gallops and impresses his trainer he might get an opportunity at a racecourse proper.They usually start off with a nine pound claim.So they take some essential weight off the horse especially in an handicap stakes.If the young apprentice gets past a hundred winners he becomes a fully- fledged jockey with an agent picking out his rides unless he's attached to a certain stable.Frankie Dettori is a good example of freelancing and getting a chance to pick one of the favourites in a race that's up for grabs.You don't necessary have to come from the countryside because Martin Dwyer hails from Liverpool.

I should have really used my nous before I hit the middle age spread.I could have been a jockey myself.

Edited by G Donnelly
  • Like 1

It's actually a bit of British "work" slang for any short person that gets on your nerves.

There's actually a good career out of being short if you start off young.A flat race jockey.But first off you need to start an apprenticeship at a local stables.The trainer will have you mucking the stables out and leading out the horses at the racecourse before the real jockeys mount.So he's a stable hand.If he starts off with some work on the gallops and impresses his trainer he might get an opportunity at a racecourse proper.They usually start off with a nine pound claim.So they take some essential weight off the horse especially in an handicap stakes.If the young apprentice gets past a hundred winners he becomes a fully- fledged jockey with an agent picking out his rides unless he's attached to a certain stable.Frankie Dettori is a good example of freelancing and getting a chance to pick one of the favourites in a race that's up for grabs.You don't necessary have to come from the countryside because Martin Dwyer hails from Liverpool.

I should have really used my nous before I hit the middle age spread.I could have been a jockey myself.

You still can enjoy races and riding, though. There are a lot of "contenders" of all kinds out there. I sometimes think that I should have pursued boxing. It's one of the few sports in which I excel. Then, I look at Ali and Quarry. Their situations are/were very sad. Gloves can be more damaging than fists when it comes to concussions. BTW, what are the size requirements for jockeys?

• 3 weeks later...

BTW, what are the size requirements for jockeys?

Well I was concentrating on the Flat racing code.Because that's where mostly the short jockeys compete in.However there might be an height restriction.Because the weights in the UK fluctuate between 7 and 10 stone.Sometimes you get even weight races like the Derby and the Oaks.It's the handicaps where it gets interesting because the weights are really varied.Some jockeys even between races have to shed stones in the sauna.But there's no way you will get any six foot guys getting involved unless they are really anorexic.That's no good because you lack any real muscle strength to guide the horse home.Though jockeys have been known to race in both this and the National Hunt code.Richard Hughes is a prime example.

In the National Hunt code the weight underneath the saddlecloth is between 10 and 12 stone.So you get some taller jockeys as a consquence.Tbh the jockeys need to be lean and very fit.Even though I'm 5'5 I weigh in at a colossal 12 pounds.I won't even have the required energy to mount the horse.Though when I was a teenager my weight was more manageable.

Edited by G Donnelly
  • Like 1

Even though I'm 5'5 I weigh in at a colossal 12 pounds.I won't even have the required energy to mount the horse.

Some newborns weigh more than that. Make sure to stay home on windy days. ;)

• Like 1

Some newborns weigh more than that. Make sure to stay home on windy days. ;)

I thought doing the opposite would be better for me.I nearly walked two miles to Lllandyssul...

I'm 6'2 and think all of these women should stand in front of a moving train.

What about the men who loathe tall women...should they stand in front of a moving train as well?

Many people are only going to be attracted to those people that are considered to be 'high status' (ie, tall men, petite women). Many people are simply shallow and only looking at others in a highly utilitarian manner.