Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Unborn spirits

Caterism

Hi,

I am curious about something that's been explained to me a couple of different ways and I wanted to get some other opinions. So my question is, what happens to the spirits of unborn children who do not make it through pregnancy (ie: miscarriage, stillborn, death of mother etc.)?

I've heard it explained that they return to the spirit world to get ready to be re-assigned to a new body, but I've also had it explained that they embark on the same journey as a spirit that had "lived".

What do others think?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Caterism
  • Like 1

I've also had it explained that they embark on the same journey as a spirit that had "lived".

How on earth would that work?!

Edited by ouija ouija
  • Like 1

How on earth would that work?!

As I said, this was explained to me, they aren't my own views but I guess they meant that whatever happens to our spirit when we die (having lived) also happens to the spirit that doesn't get the chance to be born. As oppose to being "sent back" to await another body.

What happens to the the spirits of sperm that doesn't make it to the egg?

Hard to say really.... I'm not sure at which point the soul occupies the body.

Is it at which point it occupies the body, or the point at which it is "allocated" to the body? It is believed that the body a spirit/soul is assigned is pre-determined before birth.

I've never really thought about it.

Mediums say that children who are born but die young will continue to grow and learn. Maybe it is the same for the unborn.

That's one question I don't think will ever be answered at least not until we become spirits.

What happens to the the spirits of sperm that doesn't make it to the egg?

That's an interesting point; it hadn't occurred to me that the soul would be attached to the sperm and then carried to the egg.

Hard to say really.... I'm not sure at which point the soul occupies the body.

I've always thought that the soul enters the fetus when the woman experiences the feeling of 'quickening' at about 5mths, if memory serves.(There's been another thread recently, similar to this one).

I am hoping they are in the spirit realm still attached to us in some way shape or form.... as in a big part of our soul family and that we will be able to meet one day.. I truly hope for this. I have three...

Lol I also wonder if this connects us in the spirit to thier fathers... interesting thought

I think about this subject often..

the sperm and egg are the genetic blueprints that form the body. As in a house you follow the blueprints. In a child there is no soul until the body is complete and the house is not a home until people move into it. Both are empty shells. What exactly IS the soul? All I know is that when a person dies something is no longer there. They do not look like they were before death nor do they look as if they are simply sleeping. If the soul is in the sperm and also in the egg would that make the person have 2 souls? Makes no sense as both are just the blueprint and building blocks of the future infant, any more than a two by four would be considered a house.

Sperm or egg or whatever it's just a shell. For me conscious mind is the soul. When the shell die, the consciousness is transferred to a parallel universe in a transparent way that the shell doesn't even notice it.

When the shell die, the consciousness is transferred to a parallel universe in a transparent way that the shell doesn't even notice it.

Interesting. Do you believe they are "reborn" in this parallel universe into a new physical body, or do you believe they continue their journey in spirit/astral form?

I've always thought that the soul enters the fetus when the woman experiences the feeling of 'quickening' at about 5mths.

Is the 'quickening' similar to the 'shining'?

:w00t:

The brain doesn't begin working in the fetus for two months. I don't think the spirit is in the boby for the first two months.

• Like 1

Is the 'quickening' similar to the 'shining'?

:w00t:

WHAT?!!!! *slaps*

what.jpg

At some point prior to birth, the soul will carefully touch and join more fully with the impressionable, developing brain of a baby at that moment of first entry, chronological begins for the soul The connection may be early or late in the mother's pregnancy.Souls who join the baby early seem to do a lot of traveling outside the mother's womb during her term..Once birth has taken place, the union of spirit and flesh has been fully solidified into a partnership.So I guess that if a baby doesn't make it then the soul just goes back.