Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Japan quake 'heard at edge of space'

Still Waters

The great Tohoku earthquake in Japan two years ago was so big its effects were even felt at the edge of space.

Scientists say the Magnitude 9.0 tremor on 11 March 2011 sent a ripple of sound through the atmosphere that was picked up by the Goce satellite.

Its super-sensitive instrumentation was able to detect the disturbance as it passed through the thin wisps of air still present 255km above the Earth.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...onment-21730887

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• badeskov

• regeneratia

• Still Waters

• krypter3

we need a mind blown smiley o.o Though in all seriousness...this could be used to test the activity of other planets.

Edited by krypter3

Amazing really that a mechanically originated acoustic wave could be detected at that distance. Wondering if the data is being reviewed to determine if there were any precursory acoustic signatures detected in this and other earthquakes.

I agree, but wouldn't it get costly to send satellites everywhere?

Senior year,sheesh..still remember a friend of mine who had an app and (as we prepared to do this daily broadcast of school b.s.)it showed the pinpoint position on a 3d globe of where it had happened.Still fresh in my mind

HAARP, or it's chiinese companion, is so good at being detected.

Edited by regeneratia

HAARP, or it's chiinese companion, is so good at being detected.

Huh?

Huh?

Does Huh? mean that you will do the work to look up and find out about what I am saying?

Does Huh? mean that you will do the work to look up and find out about what I am saying?

What you are saying makes no sense whatsoever, but please feel free to elaborate and educate me. I know of HAARP very well, capabilities and limitations and I can no matter how much I stretch my otherwise rather vivid imagination see any connection between HAARP and the Earthquake off the coast in Japan.

Cheers,

Badeskov

What you are saying makes no sense whatsoever, but please feel free to elaborate and educate me. I know of HAARP very well, capabilities and limitations and I can no matter how much I stretch my otherwise rather vivid imagination see any connection between HAARP and the Earthquake off the coast in Japan.

Cheers,

Badeskov

First of all, if you accept the cryptic from your government and mainstream media, you should have no trouble whatsoever in accepting the cryptic from me. Look it up yourself. It is now said that there are at least 18 HAARP-like arrays on the planet. Do I believe that? I am on the fence on that statement. However china has a HAARP array.

Just the other day, I took photos of the clouds in my area. They were in stripes. All the way I could see, the clouds where in unnatural stripes. I have yet to send the photos to the meteorology department in the college here.n All my life I have looked up at the clouds, with a view that went from horizen to horizen unimpeded. I had never seen anything like those clouds.

Just plug in the brain and use it. Then I won't seem to cryptic.

Edited by regeneratia

First of all, if you accept the cryptic from your government and mainstream media, you should have no trouble whatsoever in accepting the cryptic from me. Look it up yourself. It is now said that there are at least 18 HAARP-like arrays on the planet. Do I believe that? I am on the fence on that statement. However china has a HAARP array.

In other words, you actually have no clue and cannot explain it to me. The Alaskan HAARP facility is not cryptic to me because I understand the technology and I have a very good idea of their limitations and capabilities.

There are many antenna arrays in the world, some which serves the same purpose, some which serves different purposes. Can you please clarify exactly what you mean by a HAARP array, because I don't think you even know yourself by all means of respect.

Just the other day, I took photos of the clouds in my area. They were in stripes. All the way I could see, the clouds where in unnatural stripes. I have yet to send the photos to the meteorology department in the college here.n All my life I have looked up at the clouds, with a view that went from horizen to horizen unimpeded. I had never seen anything like those clouds.

Just plug in the brain and use it. Then I won't seem to cryptic.

Just now you are inferring weather control and by your previous comments, you were inferring the capability to generate earthquakes. Frankly, you have no idea what you are talking about - at all.

HAARP (the Alaskan HAARP) has no such capabilities for a large number of reasons. So by all means of respect, but you are not really that cryptic; you are just mouthing off what you have seen on the Internet without the slightest effort to educate yourself on the matters.

Cheers,

Badeskov