Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

US drones bombing Africa from UK

OverSword

You have based your figures on Wiki, when you look into the references supplied you soon find that they are all VERY dubious sources and contain NO HARD DATA - just assumptions.

In the same vein - you have made assumptions about the video quality from drones as if decisions are made based on some "B" Movie quality... they are not. It is very clear to the Pilot just what he is seeing, he has NO Field Depth however and the final decision ito release weapons is outside of his sphere of influence.

The real problem here lies with the Chain of Command, with the final authority to release weapons.

Well I don't see the need to kill anyone with drones. It's the equivilent of a gangster doing a cowardly drive bye shooting, only our government doesn't even have the guts to be in the car. I'm not afraid of terrorists.

You have based your figures on Wiki, when you look into the references supplied you soon find that they are all VERY dubious sources and contain NO HARD DATA - just assumptions.

In the same vein - you have made assumptions about the video quality from drones as if decisions are made based on some "B" Movie quality... they are not. It is very clear to the Pilot just what he is seeing, he has NO Field Depth however and the final decision ito release weapons is outside of his sphere of influence.

The real problem here lies with the Chain of Command, with the final authority to release weapons.

Can you post a video feed of a drone strike and show me a clearly identified target? I have seen a few drone strike videos and i couldn't tell if it was a terrorist or a farmer that was blown away. In another drone attack a photographer was killed because he was pointing his camera which looked like an RPG apparently.

Edited by Professor Buzzkill

Can you post a video feed of a drone strike and show me a clearly identified target? I have seen a few drone strike videos and i couldn't tell if it was a terrorist or a farmer that was blown away. In another drone attack a photographer was killed because he was pointing his camera which looked like an RPG apparently.

In short..NO. Such data is Classified, and I do not hold any video - streams in my posession.

I will say this, a Drone makes no interpretation of the Video - Stream, that decision is taken by a Human... that human may very well make an error in judgment and where any doubt exists then the Call to Release should never be made. It falls to the Chain of Command to censure any decision.