Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Nugent Killed 455 Pigs

F3SS

...In one day. From a helicopter! Is he justified? Read on and see.

“I took my machine gun in the helicopter -- in the Texas hill country -- me and my buddy ‘Pigman.' His name is ‘Pigman’; I’m the swine czar. I killed 455 hogs with my machine gun. I did it for Bill Maher and all those other animal rights freaks out there," he told Winterble, according to RumorFix. "My haters will hate me more for that."

Nugent, who claims he fired off 750 rounds a minute, says it was all for the common good since wild pigs destroy the region's natural habitat, RumorFix reports. After the kill, the 64-year-old gun-crazed rocker said he gave the meat to the needy. “We distributed tons of the most delicious pork to the soup kitchens and homeless shelters of this state. Everything we did was perfect – win, win, win," he added. “I had to adjust my halo as I was machine-gunning hogs.”

Ted's thoughts on twitter: We kill pigs with machinegunsfrom helicopters to save the environment what r u doin

Edited by -Mr_Fess-

well then... not sure if thats the best way to go about feeding the poor and homeless. imma just say alllrighty then.

• Like 3

Feral pigs have become a serious issue throughout the south and southwest. Befoe you make a judgement research the damage these animals are doing to the environment.

• Like 5

A bit over the top. But I guess in this day and age if you are a celebrity and don't go overboard on things, you tend to fade into obscurity.

• Like 3

The wild pigs are so bad in Mississippi that they're considered "varmits" no need for permits - kill on site and leave them where they lay. They are destroying habitat of other, native animals. Too bad they can't be efficiently harvested for food but from what I hear they aren't much anyway. :(

• Like 3

While I agree feral pigs are damaging to the environment I do have to question his motives for doing this, getting his name in the news so he won't be forgotten.

• Like 2

I was going to say that pigs/hogs are a feral menace here in Oz, often shot from hrlicopter as well.

Nugent might be daffier then a certain little black duck, but he,s doing the right thing in this case.

While I agree feral pigs are damaging to the environment I do have to question his motives for doing this, getting his name in the news so he won't be forgotten.

I don't think this is his first time. I remember he had a reality show years back and he was hunting his contestants from a helicopter with a paintball gun. I don't remember what the lucky winner got but it was funny and he was good. He's had practice.

• Like 1

We don't have a problem with them in Virginia, yet, but we are out in front of it because these things eat everything. They especially like sea turtle eggs and some endangered animals and that is a big no-no in VA. Interesting and short powerpoint PDF on FP's.

http://www.dcr.virgi...SWG20120831.pdf

Edited by Merc14

That is Ted, he talks like that to p*** off PETA...

I doubt he killed that many, but as some have said, feral pigs are destroying forests, and the environment. They are out of control.

I do know he does use everything, and he fed the needy.

I used to bow hunt, and Ted is number 1 to me when it comes to hunting respectfully, and also I wish he would run for Prez..

Kamp for Kids

The youth of today are the FUTURE OF AMERICA and will determine the fate of conservation and outdoor sports, including hunting.

There's only one Ted Nugent and there's only one Ted Nugent Kamp for Kids! Often imitated, never equaled—there's only one true TNKFK!

2013 Kamp for Kids! It's a full day of outdoor fun including: archery, airguns, fishing, trapping, wildlife calls, outdoor survival and first aid. All kampers leave with fishing pole and a tackle box full of stuff! Lunch and a t-shirt are also included.

In 1989, we created our beloved TED NUGENT KAMP FOR KIDS as a nonprofit 501C3 charity to attract American children into that higher level of awareness that is the discipline of the shooting sports and an outdoor lifestyle that I, and so many families, celebrate and cherish daily.

tedKidsKamp.jpg

We are excited and look forward to continuing our hard work, as we forge ahead with our success of getting kids away from drugs, alcohol, tobacco, gangs, crime, and the zombie world of videogame disconnect that has been such a negative force on their lives. We have seen how genuinely moved the kids and their families are following each session of our Kamps for years now. The growth and prognosis is clearly a win win for the kids, their families and friends, and ultimately for the future of conservation and constitutional rights in America. We sincerely thank all the generous volunteers and donators to TNKFK.

Godbless America and Godspeed the kids.

Ted Nugent & the Ted Nugent Kamp for Kids

Board of Directors & Staff

kampforkidslogo.gif

http://www.tednugent.com/about/involvement/kamp/

• Like 1

The only criticism I have is that machine guns are not legal. Perhaps he had a special permit.

The only criticism I have is that machine guns are not legal. Perhaps he had a special permit.

varmit or not did he also have a permit to kill all those pigs as well?

They are legal for those with the money to afford permits not to mention ammo.

But I'm sure he had some special permit or legal authority to do what he did. It'd be pretty brazen of anyone to jump in a helicopter and fly over public or private lands firing a machine gun all day long. Without prior authorization they'd have probably been shot down by an f-16 and I'd say rightfully so.

Feral pigs have become a serious issue throughout the south and southwest. Befoe you make a judgement research the damage these animals are doing to the environment.

Yeah. And you can't beat a few bacon butties.

Machine guns are perfectly legal depending on the state. There is no permit required, but you do have to pay a one time $200 fee for a tax stamp. And the machine gun had to be registered as of May 19, 1986. That's why they are so expensive, there are only so many that are "transferable" to civilians.

• Like 1

afaik you have to be class3 license holder for mg. yes they are legal, mad expencive thou. some luckly ppl have miniguns.

and ppl ask why we need semi autos, and machine guns, for that reason, to shoot a lot fast. helicopter time is expencive.

Yes that was one expensive day for the Nuge. Being a rock star will afford you the finer things and lots of fun though.

You don't need the license aztek, just have to pay $200 for the tax stamp. Oh and wait several months on your background check/paperwork. The licensing is only for dealers and manufacturers.

You need a federal license to own a fully automatic weapon and there is much more involved than passing a couple of hundred dollars over the counter. Much much more.

There is no permit or license required to kill species classified as "varmints". Just like there is no permit to kill Groundhogs in your veggie garden. Feral pigs are a very destructive critter and are quite dangerous...they will eat you given half the chance.

You don't need the license aztek, just have to pay $200 for the tax stamp. Oh and wait several months on your background check/paperwork. The licensing is only for dealers and manufacturers.

Although the term is often thrown around freely, class 3 remains a mystery for many people. A class 3 license is one that is required to sell or deal with certain, more restricted firearms such as machine guns and certain accessories such as suppressors. Much of the confusion with the class 3 license arises from the difference between a regular, FFL dealer and a dealer with a class 3 license.Although firearms dealers are required to have FFL’s, not all of them have a class 3 license. This fact means that although a dealer can sell handguns, shotguns, rifles, and the like, they are not allowed to sell firearms such as fully automatic machine guns without a class 3 license. In order to obtain this license, they must pay a “special (occupational) tax,” as well as follow a very specific process when transferring firearms. Because of the legalities and expenses surrounding the class 3 license, many FFL dealers choose not to get one.http://www.proguns.com/class3-license.asp

You need a federal license to own a fully automatic weapon and there is much more involved than passing a couple of hundred dollars over the counter. Much much more.

Sorry Merc14, but you are incorrect. You need a license to be a dealer or manufacturer. You only need the tax stamp to own one.

theres a bunch of us that hunt hogs down here in the south but i didnt know any one was realy keeping a tally on how many of the porkchops that was layed over