Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

U.S. companies keeping $166 billion

Ashotep

The practice is a result of US tax rules that allow companies to not pay taxes on profits earned by overseas subsidiaries if the money is not brought back to the United States, the report pointed out.

Report: U.S. companies keeping $166 billion in offshore tax shelters

Think its time to change some laws.

It's the Free Market , if you regulate it then they'll just take their business elsewhere etc etc - I'm sure the excuses will flow more freely then the money will.

• Like 1

I agree its the free market but it seems to be a little freer for some than others.

I'd like to have that money flowing through our market at home but its better off there than it is in the hands of Washington.

I'd like to have that money flowing through our market at home but its better off there than it is in the hands of Washington.

So Washington is a lost cause. Take it back no matter left or right. Go Ron Paul and audit the fed. With out that your fubard. Burn the damn place to the ground.

• Like 1

Think its time to change some laws.

166 billion is a drop in the bucket as to what is not being paid in taxes.

so you're all for immorally avoiding paying taxes. Is that it?

Well it's legal and if we are questioning morality how about when we get that tax money someday we put those billions into the defense budget? I bet you'd like to keep it out of Washington now.

And yes, audit the fed. No screw that. Burn it down and let's start over. The theft they conduct on us is abominable.

• Like 1

166 billion is a drop in the bucket as to what is not being paid in taxes.

You mean in the grand scheme of things? Because the taxes on a 166b are less than a 166b...

They hid their money to keep from paying taxes so the rest of us have to make up for it. Yet we complain about welfare, these guys are costing us more than welfare. They care more about their money than they do this country.

Morals are very subjective. It isn't illegal and that is what counts.

I'm more against my government immorally spending my money than I am these people legally keeping theirs.

• Like 1

the money we earn does not belong to you or the government it belongs to those that make it, so it cannot be stealing or immoral to follow the law to try to keep as much of your money as you can, what is immoral is taking someones money from them and then spending it wastefully which is exactly what our government does.

• Like 1