Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ahmadinejad under fire for hugging Chavez's

docyabut2

They need to loosen up.

From the article;

"I burst into laughter when I saw Ahmadinejad weeping on the arm of Chavez mother, said Abbas Abdi, activist and columnist with the independent website Aftabnews.ir.

"If he needed to cry, he should have done so for his countrymen who died" in clashes with security forces during the mass protests that followed Ahmadinejad's disputed 2009 re-election, said Abdi.

Can't argue with this alot. Politicians opportunistic tears are quite pathetic.

Seems like a big to do about nothing. I'm sure there's a ton of other problems that should come before touching a woman. Maybe the Iranian media should focus on them.

Never understood why Ahmadinejad gets so much flak, when you listen to his speeches and what he says.... You realise he is less of a nut job than any western leader.

Never understood why Ahmadinejad gets so much flak, when you listen to his speeches and what he says.... You realise he is less of a nut job than any western leader.

I agree mostly and this is why when he makes statements against the US and Israel I LISTEN. I don't think he is crazy OR a clown. But it seems he is gone in a few months so he really doesn't matter. Supposedly the power lies with the mullahs. The great satan and the little satan are number 1 and 2 on their hit list.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree mostly and this is why when he makes statements against the US and Israel I LISTEN. I don't think he is crazy OR a clown. But it seems he is gone in a few months so he really doesn't matter. Supposedly the power lies with the mullahs. The great satan and the little satan are number 1 and 2 on their hit list.

Actually when he makes statements against the US and Israel, you mistranslate. The "Holocaust denier" hellbent on "wiping Israel off the map", as it were. I know the drill. Say it a few hundred times in the media and at the water cooler, and everyone who doesn't bother with their own due diligence winds up singing in the same chorus of "Oh what a "nutjob" he is".

Remember how Bush parroted so much BS about Saddam Hussein, a large majority of the country thought Saddam Hussein was responsible for 9/11. We need to stop being such easy victims of the repetition. Coffey did homework, and he learned the extent of this latest anti-Iran BS circulating around throughout the western media.

Actually when he makes statements against the US and Israel, you mistranslate. The "Holocaust denier" hellbent on "wiping Israel off the map", as it were. I know the drill. Say it a few hundred times in the media and at the water cooler, and everyone who doesn't bother with their own due diligence winds up singing in the same chorus of "Oh what a "nutjob" he is".

Remember how Bush parroted so much BS about Saddam Hussein, a large majority of the country thought Saddam Hussein was responsible for 9/11. We need to stop being such easy victims of the repetition. Coffey did homework, and he learned the extent of this latest anti-Iran BS circulating around throughout the western media.

he said hes a less of nut job than the rest of Western leaders. So hes still a nutjob and anyone supporting Iran is a nutjob

Who brings a camera to a funeral? That's disgusting - as was the plan to allow people to take photographs in the first place (probably planned by Ahmadinejad and the new Venezuela No1, for publicity).

I'm not one for crocodile tears at a funeral, any funeral. What O-S said.

Edited by ExpandMyMind

I don't think Ahmadinejad is crazy or a clown. I think he's a dangerous religious extremist who's looking to promote his political/religious agenda. And, this agenda doesn't bode well for the western world.

• Like 1

I don't think Ahmadinejad is crazy or a clown. I think he's a dangerous religious extremist who's looking to promote his political/religious agenda. And, this agenda doesn't bode well for the western world.

I agree totally. I will be curious to see what influence, if any, he will have when his term of office ends. It is hard to decipher how power is actually wielded in that country. The Ayatollahs appear to be THE power, but I don't think anyone else actually can challenge them politically - not and survive. The IRGC is basically a very well funded and trained Praetorian.

I think this is good news for Iran and that he is setting a good example showing humanity even if it breaks with what the hardline conservtive mullahs hold as tradition.

Their society is going to go through some positive change when the even younger generations begin getting elected to office.

I think this is good news for Iran and that he is setting a good example showing humanity even if it breaks with what the hardline conservtive mullahs hold as tradition.

Their society is going to go through some positive change when the even younger generations begin getting elected to office.

Yeah, even Hitler loved dogs.... I understand what you're saying and I think it will be a positive thing as the youth of Iran achieve more awareness and political power. Nothing is going to change for the better in the short term though.

Yeah, even Hitler loved dogs.... I understand what you're saying and I think it will be a positive thing as the youth of Iran achieve more awareness and political power. Nothing is going to change for the better in the short term though.

You can focus on doom and destruction. I will focus on positive change.

Nothing is going to change for the worst in the short term either, relax mates.