Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Men dressed in space suits

marboo

They were just looking for new places to film a mars or moon landing. :whistle:

• Like 2

They were probably doing some sneaky testing or disposing some toxic material inside the earth like they normally do...

Their reaction is, "Nothing to see here folks"!

To the original post. Sounds a bit like a possible time slip which may explain why seemed to ignore you. (?)

Edited by OverSword

What were these men in space suits doing? Also can you describe that "futuristic van" please?

Do trucks ever go down that road? Possibly a truck spilled some chemicals or something and they were the HAZMAT team cleaning it up.

What were these men in space suits doing? Also can you describe that "futuristic van" please?

They were sort of just wandering in the middle of the road, they didn't hold any equipment. The van just didn't look in place, almost like a space age car design that never made it past production.

Do trucks ever go down that road? Possibly a truck spilled some chemicals or something and they were the HAZMAT team cleaning it up.

I guess some trucks would, but the road is so narrow they would have to be pretty small. This road definitely doesn't seem like it'd be used to transport dangerous chemicals as it's a very poorly maintained road... and moderately unheard of. I didn't see any signs of spills, although at the end of the day that's what I rationalize it to be.

Oh by the way! I've gone back to exactly where the incident took place about 12 hours ago (early afternoon here in Australia) and had a look around. I felt a little foolish leaving it for 12 years although I've just tried to rationalize it in my head until the responses I've received and messages I've been sent have pushed me to look into it more.

The area shows no sign of anything ever really taking place :td: I didn't really know what to look for honestly. The road is still just as bad as it was back then... no improvements have been made... and for the 10 minutes I had stopped not a single car had driven past. I went to the nearest house to the road on the way out, a small farm house hidden behind cane (grown all around the town) which I was reluctant to visit. An old guy answered the door and was pretty shocked to have a visitor, turns out the guy has lived in the house for 25 years. I pretty much come right out and asked if he remembers any stories around the area about a chemical spill. His response was no, and looked at me weirdly. I then went on and told him the whole story and he laughed!

Turns out way back (he felt it was longer than 12 years) he had another person, a woman in her 40's at the time, pull up and ask him (he was driving some sort of farm ute/vehicle further up the road doing farm work) if he has seen the spacemen doing their training. He thought she was an idiot and laughed the whole thing off. She also told him that she had to beep the horn to move them off the road because they were oblivious to her and the car. That's all he could remember really.

He did go on and talk about weird green orbs and lights he and friends had seen throughout the years, but he was a skeptical old man who was more interested in telling stories than being serious. Turns out UFO sightings are very common in the part of Australia, especially in rural areas. I'm definitely not trying to link that to what I saw, thought it was cool though!

• Like 1

They were sort of just wandering in the middle of the road, they didn't hold any equipment. The van just didn't look in place, almost like a space age car design that never made it past production.

What is a "space age car design"?

I also agree with Hilander ... you will never know .

my father was in the air forcse ... he became to work with Bectal....

there where a few times Men,also military Men would come to the house

And he would receive them im the library.....And we would

have to go to the show or shopping..... (In the 1960's)

Edited by rrainny
  • Like 1

Did it look like this?

cumberland_spaceman51.jpg

The "cumberland spaceman" was not seen at the time of the photo (which was taken near a nuclear power station) but the man who took the photo supposedly had a MIB visit after going to the media with the photo. Also, around the same time in Australia at the Blue streak missle launch, the countdown was called off after someone noticed a "spaceman" (looking almost exactly like the cumberland spaceman) right next to the rocket on one of the monitors. Investigations found no one in the area.

http://en.wikipedia...._Firth_Spaceman

That's just what I was thinking.

Whereabouts in Australia is this?

I was wondering if the area has any problems with bush fires, flooding, chemical plants, ect.

btw I just had another thought. Do you know any history about that place, are there any rock paintings or supernatural folklore stories?

Edited by Rogue Suga

Central Queensland. We had the worst flood in recorded history earlier this year, but before that no real disasters happen. I'm not too sure about rock paintings, definitely not in this area. It's very open and arid without any caves, walls, cliffs etc.

I live in a small Australian town, Mingenew. 600 people. There is no school traffic. What town and what road. You can't expect us to believe your story without a town name . I'm not ridiculing you, I just don't get why naming your town is such a mystery, like it would identify you or something.

Edited by Chooky88

I live in a small Australian town, Mingenew. 600 people. There is no school traffic. What town and what road. You can't expect us to believe your story without a town name . I'm not ridiculing you, I just don't get why naming your town is such a mystery, like it would identify you or something.

I was thinking the same a small town has how much traffic even if it has a traffic light and one school bus and farmer Browns tractor that must be pretty hectic at times. :yes:

I've said that I live in Bundaberg, Queensland, Australia. I said that in an earlier reply? Read through... you would have seen it.

It's obviously not as rural as very small Australian towns. I live in a rural area outside of the town itself. All dirt roads, farms, cane etc.

The town also has highways which run through it, so it's a very well traveled through town.

I looked up your local area. Most of what you do locally is have a sugar industry. No power plants there then.

You've also got history of the Aboriginal people of the Kalki tribe who spanned across the region.

Your town has got "mystery craters" that are quite tourist attractions. These are millions of yrs old

I've come across many videos on youtube with UFO sightings over your town. They're interested in the place.

• Like 2

What is a "space age car design"?

Probably something like this... :D

delorean.jpg

Actually my first gut instinct was someone might be making a movie or something.

• Like 1

I remember a few years ago there apparently was a bright light/fire streak through the sky that crashed into the mountains near Bundaberg. Started a small bush fire as well. Rescue crew flew out there expecting to find a plane crash but found no wreckage. Never heard anything more of it.

http://www.news.com.au/breaking-news/ball-of-light-hits-gin-gin-mountain/story-e6frfkp9-1225737611449

• Like 2

So... this is my story.

I had just dropped my kids to primary school (elementary school in the states?) around 8am, back in 2001. The town we live in is in Australia, it's a small town, and is fairly rural. Being a local I knew most of the back roads and shortcuts and as usual took a small dirt road I used regularly in order to avoid school traffic. On my way up the road I started to feel uneasy and strange, even a little anxious... for no real reason. I ignored it until I could see something on the side of the road. This road is only just wide enough for one car so it's very obvious when something is parked on either side. This is the weird part, as I get closer I see about 3 or 4 'suited' men. At first it looked as if they were wearing bee keepers out fits but as I got closer i couldn't believe it. The suits they were wearing looked exactly like space suits... the reflective visor, the antennas, the puffy gloves and big boots. I can not make it any clearer, that this was definitely not just a normal suit people working would wear. I really freaked out when I got closer. I notice what looked like a 'futuristic' van, best way I could describe it. Also, these people didn't even seem to register me being there... they wouldn't even move off the road.

No other cars were around and no houses/businesses/sheds or anything were anywhere near us. No road closures were set up, no warning signs, no lights for signaling, no reports on the tv or in the newspaper.I thought that if they needed to be wearing such suits for a job it wouldn't just be an open road for the public to use. Also this road had no real attractions... just long grass and dirt. No trees.. nothing.

I called up the council office, the mayors office, the police, the national hazmat guys... no one knew a thing about it. I still to this day get freaked out about what I saw. Please don't ridicule me... I just really felt the need to share.

Thanks guys!

you didn't stop and ask what they were doing?? sheez i would have!

you didn't stop and ask what they were doing?? sheez i would have!

After reading "The Radioactive Boy Scout" I would have moved out of the neighborhood before my hair started falling out.

• 2 weeks later...

I remember a few years ago there apparently was a bright light/fire streak through the sky that crashed into the mountains near Bundaberg. Started a small bush fire as well. Rescue crew flew out there expecting to find a plane crash but found no wreckage. Never heard anything more of it.

http://www.news.com....9-1225737611449

[media=]

[/media]

This looks likely to be a small meteor strike..

So... this is my story.

I had just dropped my kids to primary school (elementary school in the states?) around 8am, back in 2001. The town we live in is in Australia, it's a small town, and is fairly rural. Being a local I knew most of the back roads and shortcuts and as usual took a small dirt road I used regularly in order to avoid school traffic. On my way up the road I started to feel uneasy and strange, even a little anxious... for no real reason. I ignored it until I could see something on the side of the road. This road is only just wide enough for one car so it's very obvious when something is parked on either side. This is the weird part, as I get closer I see about 3 or 4 'suited' men. At first it looked as if they were wearing bee keepers out fits but as I got closer i couldn't believe it. The suits they were wearing looked exactly like space suits... the reflective visor, the antennas, the puffy gloves and big boots. I can not make it any clearer, that this was definitely not just a normal suit people working would wear. I really freaked out when I got closer. I notice what looked like a 'futuristic' van, best way I could describe it. Also, these people didn't even seem to register me being there... they wouldn't even move off the road.

No other cars were around and no houses/businesses/sheds or anything were anywhere near us. No road closures were set up, no warning signs, no lights for signaling, no reports on the tv or in the newspaper.I thought that if they needed to be wearing such suits for a job it wouldn't just be an open road for the public to use. Also this road had no real attractions... just long grass and dirt. No trees.. nothing.

I called up the council office, the mayors office, the police, the national hazmat guys... no one knew a thing about it. I still to this day get freaked out about what I saw. Please don't ridicule me... I just really felt the need to share.

Thanks guys!

Its normal for pilots and hot air balloon crews to wear spacesuits.

It isnt anything you need to worry about they were probably training (picking a landing spot, fake dummy bomb run spot, etc).

Its normal for pilots and hot air balloon crews to wear spacesuits.

It isnt anything you need to worry about they were probably training (picking a landing spot, fake dummy bomb run spot, etc).

Normal for Pilots of what? And what would they be doing standing beside a road?