Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is It Time To Call In The Guard?

and-then

A 6 month old shot 5 times, dies and her father is in hospital.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/03/12/6-month-old-chicago-girl-dies-after-being-shot-5-times/

Maybe it's time for some heavy fire power on those streets for a while.

• Like 3

Absolutely horrible.

Chicago has seen a recent rise in gun violence -- much of it gang-related

That's funny, as gangs would not be affected by stricter gun laws as they wouldn't stick to them anyway.

Edited by Coffey
  • Like 5

Strict gun laws are only going to keep the guns out of the hands of people that obey the law. Gangs don't obey the law, they'll get whatever they want. I think its time to crack down on them hard and heavy.

EDIT: The biggest part of gun deaths in this country come from gang violence.

Edited by Hilander
  • Like 4

Maybe it's time for some heavy fire power on those streets for a while.

and who are they gonna shoot, whit all their firepower? are they gonna physicly guard each and every person that lives in the city? or the'll confiscate every single legal regestered gun?? (gangs don't have legal guns).how do you see it bring any result?

and who are they gonna shoot, whit all their firepower? are they gonna physicly guard each and every person that lives in the city? or the'll confiscate every single legal regestered gun?? (gangs don't have legal guns).how do you see it bring any result?

Well I'm sure between the FBI and local law enforcement there is a great deal of intelligence about where these gangs thrive. They concentrate in certain houses, buildings and streets. At the very least, enough of them have been arrested to make identification of certain members simple. I'm sure a few good interrogation techniques could get some more info. Marshall law isn't a good thing in most cases but I can certainly justify a little shock and awe campaign against these thugs.

• Like 1

The more fire power you have, the more the gangs will arm themselves.

The more the gangs arm themselves, the more the people who obey the law will want to defend themselves.

Then you got the mentally challenged and losing it badly kid who gets hold of mummy or daddies gun and kills a load of people.

Where does it all end??

Personally, I would ban gangs, if they want a war, give it to them and wipe them off the streets. As pointed out, they know who they are, so flush them out!!

• Like 2

Well I'm sure between the FBI and local law enforcement there is a great deal of intelligence about where these gangs thrive. They concentrate in certain houses, buildings and streets. At the very least, enough of them have been arrested to make identification of certain members simple. I'm sure a few good interrogation techniques could get some more info. Marshall law isn't a good thing in most cases but I can certainly justify a little shock and awe campaign against these thugs.

shock and awe has been tried in south central la, worked right until leos left the area, things are back to "normal" now. and what is the point, whoever they arrested, came right back out. don't forget informants are not only on police side.

Just need to tighten those guns laws a bit more,that will do the trick ;)

Just need to tighten those guns laws a bit more,that will do the trick ;)

Hmmm, not too sure the gangs will bother reading them, let alone follow them.

• Like 1

Hmmm, not too sure the gangs will bother reading them, let alone follow them.

Sure they will most are growing up on gov checks anyway,surely they will go by dear leaders laws.No?

shock and awe has been tried in south central la, worked right until leos left the area, things are back to "normal" now. and what is the point, whoever they arrested, came right back out. don't forget informants are not only on police side.

Yea I know there's no easy answer. Round 'em up and put them on a volcanic island. Give them plant and food seeds and a few chickens and sheep and they can find a way to live and deal with each other leaving the rest of civilization alone. In fact screw prison. I like the idea of just sending them off to their own devices. They'll either kill each other or learn to be civil so long as the volcano doesn't issue it's own justice first.

• Like 1

I will begin by explaining that I've never personally been to the south side where this is happening. But if a specific area of a major American city is so lawless that a man changing a diaper can be shot and his baby murdered then having a few Illinois guardsmen on the street with M-16s just might send the message that a "new sheriff" was in town. As in, we will SMOKE your evil self if you act out from now on. Then actually DO IT when they start shooting at each other. If they will act like barbarians then they should be treated like barbarians. It seems to have come to that....

• Like 3

Yea I know there's no easy answer. Round 'em up and put them on a volcanic island. Give them plant and food seeds and a few chickens and sheep and they can find a way to live and deal with each other leaving the rest of civilization alone. In fact screw prison. I like the idea of just sending them off to their own devices. They'll either kill each other or learn to be civil so long as the volcano doesn't issue it's own justice first.

Bad idea there fess our gov would figure out a way to start sending them all kinds of aid draining tax payers pockets empty.Would not matter if it was a dem or rep we would hear cries of how bad these criminals are starving and their living conditions terrible-We must help them!

• Like 1

As in, we will SMOKE your evil self if you act out from now on. Then actually DO IT when they start shooting at each other

what if the guard thinks you are one of them, and going for a gun while you will be going to answer your phone???or while shooting at them, with his m16 hits your kid in your house?? is it acceptable??? we have enough examples of police being more problems that they were put to solve in the first place. new orleans is one great example. why don't we arm those that actualy are the first responders, the victim themselves, or you think a guard 5 blocks away will protect you better from a threat right here and now than you yourself???to those guards everyone will be potential gangster, they will not hesitate to shoot anyone. and also when they start shooting at each other, why spray more bullets?? let them finish the job themselves.

• Like 1

Yea I know there's no easy answer.

sure there is, let ppl not become a victim. don't criminalize them for protecting themselves.vermont, texas, israel, moldova, show very clearly, it works.

• Like 1

Bad idea there fess our gov would figure out a way to start sending them all kinds of aid draining tax payers pockets empty.Would not matter if it was a dem or rep we would hear cries of how bad these criminals are starving and their living conditions terrible-We must help them!

Hey I'm just trying the liberal M.O. and dreaming of an unrealistic fantasy world. In my world the gov would not interfere except to deliver the scum to the island and give them enough seeds, chickens and sheep to self-replenish and reproduce.

Other than that let's give the few and the proud a break from camel land and let them take their frustrations out on MS13, the bloods and the crypts and all the other idiots who serve zero purpose to humanity in America. These gangs are a drain on society and I don't think most of their lives are worth saving. They not only kill, rape, pillage and rob. They also manage to acquire a government check with money that you worked hard for and brag about it proudly as if it's what 'the man' owes them. Sickening b*******. All that said, I find watching Gangland to be interesting and enjoyable. It also scares my lady.

• Like 1

I recognize the OP's frustration, but I'm not sure that sending in the National Guard would do much good to actually solve the core problem.

Poverty, lack of jobs, easy money from drug sales, extortion, selling stolen/counterfeit goods... etc.

But really, though, it is a bizarre issue of the combination of poverty, survival and pure greed.

Perhaps the US should focus more effort on re-building American society(particularly inner city) than giving billions to other nations.

Edited by pallidin
  • Like 3

what if the guard thinks you are one of them, and going for a gun while you will be going to answer your phone???or while shooting at them, with his m16 hits your kid in your house?? is it acceptable??? we have enough examples of police being more problems that they were put to solve in the first place. new orleans is one great example. why don't we arm those that actualy are the first responders, the victim themselves, or you think a guard 5 blocks away will protect you better from a threat right here and now than you yourself???to those guards everyone will be potential gangster, they will not hesitate to shoot anyone. and also when they start shooting at each other, why spray more bullets?? let them finish the job themselves.

sure there is, let ppl not become a victim. don't criminalize them for protecting themselves.vermont, texas, israel, moldova, show very clearly, it works.

The thing is though, loose gun laws or not, it is not a citizens duty to fight these battles. It is only their right. Whether it's their obligation or not is up for debate though.

yea, like bringing industry back to usa, and create real jobs. that might do some good.

VERY well said. :tu:

The thing is though, loose gun laws or not, it is not a citizens duty to fight these battles. It is only their right. Whether it's their obligation or not is up for debate though.

it is the right, no argument there, but whose duty it is more to protect you and your family than yours?? law enforcment is there to enforce the law, until crime is commited , they are powerless by defenition. they only protect politicians, not you and me.

• Like 1