Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Police Raid House Sieze Cannon

Thanato

A former RCMP officer has been charged after Ontario Provincial Police seized a massive cache of weapons — including machine guns, a cannon, grenades and thousands of rounds of ammunition at a Bancroft, Ont., home.

The arsenal was found last week in two hidden compartments built into the walls of the house, located in the heart of cottage country, police said Tuesday.

"What this investigation tells us is that copious amounts of firearms and ammunition were collected, stored, and sometimes even created well away from big-city Ontario," Det. Insp. Patti Dobbin told a news conference Tuesday morning.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/story/2013/03/12/toronto-opp-cache-weapons-seizure-bancroft.html

Huh.. Good thing they found this stuff. Who knows what he was going to do with this stuff.

~Thanato

• Like 3

Too bad. He may have been the guy you'd like to know when the zombie apocalypse comes.

• Like 5

He would of been prepared for the invasion.

• Like 1

They can have my two stage intermediate range ballistic nuclear missile when they take it from my cold dead hands!...

(or when the warranty runs out - which ever comes first)...

• Like 5

aren't retired cops in canada allowed to have any weapon they want? or it is only true for usa?

Wait even an enery beam that can pull planets?

aren't retired cops in canada allowed to have any weapon they want? or it is only true for usa?

I believe they are subject to the same laws as anyone else would be. Sure as hell can't have landmines.

Edited by Corp
  • Like 1

Sure as hell can't have landmines.

Not even if you stay next door to Justin Beiber?

• Like 1

Not too familiar with Canadian laws, but they can't even have black powder cannons?

I'm not a Canadian, but there is a guy that use to live two blocks from me that had a black powder cannon... He use to pull it with a pickup truck and a trailer hitch, and loved to see how far he could get before the cops pulled him over to look at it...

He was a competition shooter, they would fire beer cans full of cement for distance and accuracy... Actually kind of fun...

• Like 1

I dunno what Canada law is, but that sure does sound more like an illegal stash than a legal personal collection.

• Like 1

I wonder why the ex cop was on parole

Not too familiar with Canadian laws, but they can't even have black powder cannons?

I'm sure you can if you have the proper permits and such. After all we have plenty of re-enactment groups who use cannons. But given that this guy was hiding weapons in his walls I doubt he was paying much attention to following the law.

• Like 1

I dunno. Doomsday prepping is a is thing to those who take it seriously and hiding their stuff is a big part of keeping it safe from others. Then again he could've been up to something sinister.

Late Edit: sorry, I meant... Prepping is a big thing

Edited by -Mr_Fess-
  • Like 1

Wow. Quite an arsenal. :cry:

Not even if you stay next door to Justin Beiber?

I think the law there is "as long as you keep them in your neighbour's lawn".

• Like 1

But, but, but...people in Canada don't have illegal guns.

Sorry guys, I've been told that too many times not to take a little dig. :innocent:

• Like 1

But, but, but...people in Canada don't have illegal guns.

Sorry guys, I've been told that too many times not to take a little dig. :innocent:

I dare you to quote one person who has said that :tu:

I dare you to quote one person who has said that :tu:

http://www.unexplain...9

Sorry, glorybebe, but she made it sound like people have too much respect for the law in Canada to even have improperly stored weapons, much less illegal ones. You once said that everyone in Canada keeps their guns under lock and key, which of course, :P I had to nitpick about. Even if someone in Canada acquires illegal guns it isn't the fault of Canadians, because the guns came from the US. I'm not going to search through everything to back up the rest of my statements. :tu:

There are no absolutes and I really dislike generalizations. They tend to stick in my head, which can be really annoying.

Edited by Michelle
  • Like 3

Gosh,not America .Tut .obomba could have had a field day .

http://www.unexplain...9

Sorry, glorybebe, but she made it sound like people have too much respect for the law in Canada to even have improperly stored weapons, much less illegal ones. You once said that everyone in Canada keeps their guns under lock and key, which of course, :P I had to nitpick about. Even if someone in Canada acquires illegal guns it isn't the fault of Canadians, because the guns came from the US. I'm not going to search through everything to back up the rest of my statements. :tu:

There are no absolutes and I really dislike generalizations. They tend to stick in my head, which can be really annoying.

No where did glorybebe nor myself say that absolutely every single Canadian posesses only legal weapons, and lock them up properly. On a subject that's already full of exaggerations, I don't think its the best idea to introduce more.