Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Please welcomne Pope Francis I!

Space Commander Travis

I presume you mean ArgentIna? Would it have been better to have gone somewhere else and left the people to it? he did actually try to do quite a bit to help the poor and underprivileged, if you read a bit of the biog about him. Would just leaving them and pursuing his career somewhere else have been better, then?

The Catholic church's relationship with the then regime of Argentina is dubious, at best. At worst, the church was complicit with the atrocities. It's failure to even criticize it is a pattern of behaviour that is familiar where the catholic church is concerned.

I'm aware of his good deeds and his celebrated humility. His acknowledgement and apology for the church's failure gives him some credit (albeit it 30 years late). It seems, though, that the Vatican has a hard time finding a Pope without some unsavoury history.

Edited by Arbenol68
  • Like 1

Jesuit Francis elected Pope on March 13, 2013 at 7:30pm Rome.

The logo for Jesuit looks like the Saturn symbol... Saturn is in paran with Zuben Elgenubi (Setting together) approximately 8:37am.

The announcement of the new Pope was at 7:30pm...Sirius was Culminating.

Twenty minutes after Midnight on the 14th, Alnilam and the Sun were conjunct.

To top it off... the chart alignment is a Locomotive with Saturn as the Lead.

Looks like its going to be an interesting few years.

Edited by Mystiq-Haze

I too welcome Pope Francis.

It is significant that he chose the name Francis.

Francis of Assisi appeared at a time when the Catholic church was being influenced by various materialistic and anti-Christ forces (as it is today). He preached a return to Christ's gospel message of simplicity, poverty and humility. I just hope this Pope restores this vital teaching to the Church and all its members.

Dominus Vobiscum

• Like 1

Of course the Catholic Church is always dealing with that kind of influence. Maybe its problem is it won't adjust.

I must say I am pleased by the choice of the Pope's name as "Francis", with all the imagery that it brings. My only confusion is that I would have thought there would have been more Francis' through the history of the church, but this seems to be the first Francis as Pope.

Edited by Paranoid Android
  • Like 1

That the first Franciscan pope would adopt that name doesn't surprise me. I had thought they were supposed to use a prior pope's name, but I guess a saint's name is okay too.

I'm going to use the same joke I did last time, that, since the pope before last was John Paul, he really ought to have called himself George Ringo.

:unsure2:

Or it fell back then and it will fall again... not to digress too off topic, I’ll just nod my head and say I don’t trust structures built on sand.

That the first Franciscan pope would adopt that name doesn't surprise me. I had thought they were supposed to use a prior pope's name, but I guess a saint's name is okay too.

First Jesuit pope, Franciscans are a different order.

Jesuits are more into science, Franciscans more into soup kitchens.