Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Inventing Reality?

jjphere

Eleven years ago I recovered from an illness that was supposed to either kill me or make me brain dead.

Recovering required close to five years and in that time I talked and communicated in emails to countless

others who had experienced similar things. And it is true that some of them seemed to be even worse off than

I was, and many of them are no longer with us and some are alive only in institutions.

Everything seemed to work to bring me slowly back, and since my return reality does not seem to work in the

exact precise way that it once seemed to. I have seen some very unlikely things happen, and surely many

more such experiences than in my "previous life".

So, am I really living here in reality or am I really in a coma in some hospital, or institution...dreaming all these

things up? I don't really think this is true, but it is something that I have thought about and wondered about for

maybe ten years. And is this post that I have just written really here, or is it all in my mind, my imagination?

Probably most, if not all, survivors such as myself believe that they recovered for a purpose, and that something is

assigned for them to accomplish. First, you must discover what that is and second you must accomplish it.

If I am really here and really have a second life, then I also believe that.

I would like to confirm that you really did post this topic.! So it's unlikely that you're in a coma somewhere, but if you are you are extremely talented! :-)

Yes, but you see, how do I know that I didn't dream up your response here?

Are not some dreams very close to reality and we are sometimes hard put to tell

the difference when in the dream? When in a coma, do we dream, and do we know it

is a dream? Or not? I wonder.

I keep saying, "I feel as if I'm dead and don't know it." I wish I was. Since recovering from flesh-eating bateria, the superbug, which should have killed me, I've been in a perfect hell. When I get very stressed, objects fly through the air of there own accord and electrical transformers explode. I call my loved ones, but I'm ignored. Maybe I'm dead or maybe I'm just old, poor, handicapped and no one wants to hear my problems, since they are of the heart. And everyone I know seems to be heartless.

• Like 1

Are not some dreams very close to reality and we are sometimes hard put to tell

the difference when in the dream? When in a coma, do we dream, and do we know it

is a dream? Or not? I wonder.

you can't know that for sure i guess, but we certainly can know it because we exist within our own minds, not yours. so, i figure you're going to have to trust when we tell you that you didn't dream us up.

or

you may be my dream and i'm sleeping on the sofa right now instead of studying for my exam.

Thanks for all for responding. I don't really believe that I am in a coma or anything similar, but I have to

admit that my life since my return to health has been what I would call wierd to say the least. It is

almost what I think I might imagine or dream up deep in my mind. At least I suppose so.

And thanks to Yinarchy who, it appears, has been through the worst. May the Highest Power heal her.

There are some medical conditions that seem to me to be worse than death. To me being in a hospital

or home for the ill would be like having no life and no chance, unless one had some chance to leave.

• 2 weeks later...

Or that we're 'dreaming', too? As in, living in this same state as you; all mostly unaware.

To me, it may be all one big dream, if I am really in a coma. Have I dreamed all of this up, including your posts here?

You know the answer, unless you are the one in the coma and you are the one dreaming and making it all up, not me.

Maybe I do not exist at all, and you have dreamed up my posts, and everything else.

To see this you must, I guess, have a really well developed imagination.

How do we know for sure what is reality?

Come with me, my friend. It's time we both step into the light together.

you can't know that for sure i guess, but we certainly can know it because we exist within our own minds, not yours. so, i figure you're going to have to trust when we tell you that you didn't dream us up.

or

you may be my dream and i'm sleeping on the sofa right now instead of studying for my exam.

You' ve never had a dream where a person in it tells you its not a dream, Iv had plenty of dreams like that

Now, once upon a time I was a lowly sophmore studying economic theory and my country's history.

I was feeling very lonely and had few friends in the mega-university. Even my best friend was

in school hundreds of miles away. No girl friend.

I dreamed of meeting a lady of my own age who would be like me and yet totally opposite of me

in almost every possible way. When it was time to wake up...I saw that it was a dream and I

fought to remain asleep, to no avail. But I looked for that girl in my life and within a couple years

I found her. Not because of how she looked, but of how she acted and how she treated me.

And I am so glad I did.

If that could be a dream...I still wonder what is reality? Does a person in a coma sometimes dream, and

is that the only reality he/she knows until he awakes again?