Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Does anyone actually play PS3 online?

mentalman

I'm presuming other ps3 users encounter this problem... All their friends have Xbox's!!!

When I owned a 360 I had a good few folk that were always playing the games I played. When I gave the xbox to my girlfriend I started playing PS3 again, only to find that i only know about 5 people who actually own one. only 1 or 2 that actually play online.

And after a quick search on here i couldn't find any topics about this issue, so whats your view?

Have you encoutered this problem?

Is Xbox live that much better?

Oh, and to solve my initial problem, MOCKTHEDUDE, gimmi an add :)

I have a PS3 and used to go online quite a bit...

My problem was that there was always a 'friend' on line trying to get me to play something other than what I had booted up. So I created an incognito account to avoid any online peer pressure (OPP ;) )

Its not really an issue for me now as I play Wii U instead...

• Like 1

All my gaming friends bought 360s because it came out first, while I waited for PS3. Now none of them have 360s and they all have PS3s, mostly because they all had terrible luck with the whole Red Ring of Death situation and got tired of replacing their 360s. XBox Live has more social features than PSN, but the actual gaming is the same for the most part. Some people have told me they get a better connection and less lag with XBL and some have told me the same about PSN, but the independent tests I've seen say they are about the same so it probably depends on where you are in relation to the servers. Paying to play online isn't something I'm into, so XBL was never a consideration for me. I play online a lot, and I've been more than happy with PS3.

• Like 1

Alot of my Friends Play Xbox online, i simply refuse to pay to use my Paid for internet service on a device because microsoft says so. I play all my online titles on PSN. I mean if someone told you you had to pay to connect your PC, Laptop or ipad to your already paid for internet connection to use the features someone else where on a alternate device gets for free what would your call be. I never understood how microsoft got away with this milking of gamers.

In short yes i play PSN along with some other friends who also see my point of view. ^^

Edited by Vaise
  • Like 2

I play PS3 online occasionally I have both systems and I prefer the PS3, because I refuse to pay for XBOX live.

• Like 1

heard a rumor which said Sony offered cross game compatibility. So if your friend had Y game on the X-box 720. and you had it on the PS4 you could play one another, but Microsoft declined. so Sony give the idea of cross platform play with PC's but never got off the drawing board.

but i have that problem with most friends on the X-box. in work most have the egg-box. as we call it. and only me and another mate have the Ps3. - anyone pre-ordered the new PS4. got a e mail about two weeks ago from Zavvi/Hut for a pre order. PS4 priced at £499.98 no deposit required.

Had Xbox first of all and once it got red ring I sent it off for repair, after about 2 weeks of no gaming I bought a ps3 as most of my mates have one and I've not switched the Xbox on since. There are a few better services on XBL but I really didn't use them all that much anyway. Much prefer ps3 now, mainly because its free to play online and I never play offline. It was a right ball ache canceling my XBL subscription also, they make it difficult to cancel. I will buy a ps4 but not at that price! They have done well to get the console out first as that will always win over customers but it should be priced between £250 - £300. £500 is ridiculous and its what stopped loads of people buying the ps3, you could build a better PC for that much and with a monitor!

OP, I think the problem is you just don't know a lot of people with a ps3. There are millions of them. PS3's rarely malfunction at least compared to 360's which every single person I know who's ever had one has broke. That's not a lot of people but the odds are high that it'll break. PS3 is superior or at least it was. Blu-ray, built in wifi and free online for starters. Thing is for me about online play is that everyone I know rarely buy and play the same games online except for Call of Duty. So when it comes to playing online in other games I'll just go online. Don't need friends to do that and same goes for CoD.

Played a bit of Gran Turismo online a few weeks ago. Dead Island is awesome online, but majority of games I buy can't be played online or have crappy online value.

heard a rumor which said Sony offered cross game compatibility. So if your friend had Y game on the X-box 720. and you had it on the PS4 you could play one another, but Microsoft declined. so Sony give the idea of cross platform play with PC's but never got off the drawing board.

but i have that problem with most friends on the X-box. in work most have the egg-box. as we call it. and only me and another mate have the Ps3. - anyone pre-ordered the new PS4. got a e mail about two weeks ago from Zavvi/Hut for a pre order. PS4 priced at £499.98 no deposit required.

I have pre-ordered a PS4 (well put down a £20 I am interested deposit with Game) so I should be getting one on release day...

Not sure if this is such a good idea though, sometimes the 1st wave of consoles have hardware issues that are only discovered after release, for the PS3 I waited 8 months after release to get one.

I got my Wii U on launch day but I am more confident in Nintendo's hardware.

I have pre-ordered a PS4 (well put down a £20 I am interested deposit with Game) so I should be getting one on release day...

Not sure if this is such a good idea though, sometimes the 1st wave of consoles have hardware issues that are only discovered after release, for the PS3 I waited 8 months after release to get one.

I got my Wii U on launch day but I am more confident in Nintendo's hardware.

I worry as well when it comes to buying the first wave, the PS4 should be okay, ( i hope) i've pre ordered with Zavvi. but will cancel and go with Amazon - because Amazon have better customer service and hassle free if anything is returned. but to date Amazon doesnt have a pre-order available - but you can sign up for notification via e mail. but Amazon do have a release date of March 31st 2020. yes 2020. i dont know if i could wait that long. :tsu: the X-box 2520 will be out by then. :gun:

I worry as well when it comes to buying the first wave, the PS4 should be okay, ( i hope) i've pre ordered with Zavvi. but will cancel and go with Amazon - because Amazon have better customer service and hassle free if anything is returned. but to date Amazon doesnt have a pre-order available - but you can sign up for notification via e mail. but Amazon do have a release date of March 31st 2020. yes 2020. i dont know if i could wait that long. :tsu: the X-box 2520 will be out by then. :gun:

I have 'pre-ordered' with Game so I will be picking up in store, not sure on the 2020 release, probably Amazon covering their backsides. I was hoping for the end of this year. I have heard that the next Xbox will be announced and then maybe even released before the PS4...

X-box 2520 :D I was going to go for Xbox 4D, the NextBox or even the Z-box by 2020 ;)

Edited by Junior Chubb

I bought my PS3 on the first wave, still works till today. Really noisy though haha, upgraded to a newer slim model because of that reason. Looking forward to the PS4 though, something new is exciting.

If you play Battlefield 3 or Black Ops 2, add me. PSN = CRYSiiSx2

Just leave a little note saying you're from U-M. My friends list is usually full or close to it so I might mistake you for a random is you don't.

Edited by CRYSiiSx2

I play games online all the time on the ps3. All cod games there are mroe people on line then ms.i had xboxlive and psn is better

• Like 1