Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The future of Typing

Still Waters

In the future, your smartphone won't auto-correct your errors. It will correct them before they're even made.

It will know you really meant to hit the "K" key on your screen when you hit the "L" key. Maybe even one day, there won't be a traditional keyboard at all, if some entrepreneurs have their way.

http://online.wsj.co...tors_picks=true

• Like 1

I hope this isn't the future of typing.It's bad enough having predictive texting and spell checking.It's like having your own little motion sensor on your phone.You'll end up writing gibberish because of the close proximity of the keys.So it's a thumbs down for me.There's only one reason why there's motion sensors.To deter burglars and other intruders.I'm so pessimistic I can see it causing more mistakes than amending.Btw my keyboard is staying where it is!

Edited by Medium Brown

few will know how to spell properly in ten twenty years, hell the whole dictionary might even be obsolete ....

in mandarin lingual societies, writing properly is already at a critical level of illiteracy, they speak, they text wrongly and can't use a pen no more

~edit : wished I had one of those gizmos now, I too can't spell, apparently

Edited by third_eye

I have a touch screen phone with swiftkey on androidbut I hate using it. I would prefer physical buttons. Though the iOS5 keyboard layout I am currently using on my itouch is alright. I would prefer using mind controlled typing over corrective or predicted text.